A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 300,961
Currently Running With Scissors:
409 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Archived Featured Knitting Projects  (Read 184857 times)
Tags for this thread: category_featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007 07:31:58 PM »

October's featured knitting projects are here.  Better late than never, right?  Cheesy

First up, Peeloutyourface's Nintendo Villain scarf.  Dig those crazy charts!  Thanks, Peeloutyourface!!

Next is Baigneuse's Ruby Red Slipper Sock.  Those are some cool socks, right there!

Lookagnome's beautiful "over-complicated" scarf comes next, and is it a doozy!

Here we have a lovely sweater by Soobeeoz.  Gorgeous!

Up next is the Totoro Hoodie by Whereskat.  So cool!

Last but not least is Canarysanctuary's Wings On My Back sweater!

Also this issue, may I present the winners of the most recent challenges, again belatedly, and again, I do apologize!

In March we knitted on the cheap.  The winner of the Scrooged challenge was the talented Craftygal13, who created the Chocolate Covered Strawberries Shrug.

For all the entries see here:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=156513.0

The April/May challenge saw summer knitting at it's best.  LittleJoi's Lillian tank top stole the show!

For all the entries, see here:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=162013.0

And finally, in June we knitted monsters.  Congrats to KittyCreates for her knitted Sir Rumpert!

For all the entries, see here:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=173963.0
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010 03:24:06 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
Lothruin

I eat seakittens.

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2007 07:54:16 PM »

November is here and we have a new set of featured knitting projects!

Creepyhugger's girly skull baby blanket is great gift for a really cool baby.

Toki45's "I Lived on the Moon" plush scene comes next, and proves that knitting is truly an art form.

Jeloca and her baby Jakob show off Mom's super-knitting skills!

Artcat81 presents us with a knitted Serenity.  That's right, it's geek knitting.  The best kind!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lothruin

I eat seakittens.

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008 09:11:37 PM »

A new round of featured knitting projects!

Cross stitch ninja brings us knitted poo.  That's right, knitted poo don't stink.

Amymarie has knit a Flying Spaghetti Monster.  I don't even know what to say about this!  Cheesy

Squidknit likes robots.  Bzzaap indeed!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nicole.Amina
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2008 10:16:10 PM »

haha! The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster!!! Their hate mail is hilarious.

These projects makes me wish I knew how to knit =[
THIS ROCKS   Logged
squidknit

narwhat narwhal narwhal

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2008 12:25:45 PM »

eee! this makes me happy.

also: knitted poo? what genius is this?
I'd love to see a knitted paper bag and some knitted flames..... maybe I shall have a go at that......
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katiekutthroat
one sassy southern crafter.. not for the easily offended

Thin line between adorable and appalling!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008 06:01:37 AM »

haha. i love the poop!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lothruin

I eat seakittens.

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2009 08:34:49 AM »

Happy New Year, everyone!  I know I've been a neglectful mod, but I'm starting the new year off right with brand spankin' new featured projects.  These projects are really delightful, and I hope everyone takes as much inspiration from them as I have!

First up, the gorgeous Magpie scarf by Aliastriona_angerboda:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=283541.0

This gorgeous scarf has given me new hope for my scraps and handspun.  Beautifully done!

Unicorns are so punk rock!  I LOVE this Magic Unicorn Hat by KrisCreates:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=286984.0

If I didn't already have a kick-butt donkey hat, I'd be making myself a unicorn hat right now!  Maybe my daughter needs one!

Last, but not least, I'd like to feature a project that probably should have a different home.  It has been suggested that hand-made knitting needles of various kinds should probably go on the board that nearest matches the craft of making them.  The problem is, aside from glass needles, there really are no such boards.  It has then been suggested that the knitting needles could go on the Miscellaneous board.  Yes, that's probably the best fit for them, but we knitters are an industrious lot, and I know we like our knitting needles.  I've always just hung onto the hand-made needles threads, because I'd rather have them here where I (and other knitters!) can find them easily.  So, resin craft though it might be, here's our final featured project for January:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=285832.0

Thanks, Ammasmama, for giving us a little taste of a craft many of us may never have experimented in before, but one which suits us so well, I've no doubt many a fiber fanatic has found herself arms deep in a new craft experience since you posted.

Thanks so much to these three crafters, for inspiring me.  I'm sure I'm not alone.  And thanks to everyone who daily posts a knitting project.  Honestly, if I could feature them all, I would.  You're lovely, all of you.  Cheesy

Again, Happy New Year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lapoli

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010 05:00:33 AM »

Featured Knitting Projects - April 2010

Better late than never, here are our Featured Knitting Projects for April, 2010!

How are these projects chosen?  First, you should know that you are an integral part in selecting the featured projects! Each time you browse the knitting board and select the "This Rocks" icon (towards the bottom right of the first post), it shows up for us in a handy viewer.  We also select projects that we feel are eye-catching and/or are made by knitters that contribute a lot to our community. Smiley

So, on with the goodies!

The first project are these great Springtime Color Block Socks, made by fellow Craftster shara.  These socks will make you want to keep knitting socks all through the hot summer!

preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '__________________________________________________________')

The next project is made by peeloutyourface who made this super-cool Nintendo Mario Villain Scarf for a friend. (Lucky bird!)  She even added charts so we can all make scarves.. for ourselves!

preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '__________________________________________________________')

Last, not least, is a delicious Cupcake Dishcloth made by Foxyblue.  The icing looks so real it's made our stomachs growl and though we can't imagine doing dishes with such a cute design, we can imagine lots of cupcakes in our future...

Thanks, everyone, for all your contributions to our Knitting community. Keep the excellent projects coming and remember to hit "this rocks!" anytime you see something worthy of sharing. Smiley

-Lothruin & Lapoli
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010 05:06:16 AM by lapoli » THIS ROCKS   Logged

FoxyBlue
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2010 05:17:06 AM »

Yay! Thanks! SO cool!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I looooooove personal swaps! Anyone want to do a wall art swap??
My blog: http://foxybluecreations.blogspot.com/
facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deedras-Art/257639572940
myklia
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2010 05:40:40 AM »

Really love the socks.

Been knitting for 3 1/2 years now and still attempted socks.  Shame on me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Dinner with Only 5 Ingredients
How to Make Crab Fritters
Guinness Beef Stew with Nathan Lippy
Sugar Sweet Sunshine Bakery - NY, New York
Lure Fish Bar, SoHo, New York
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...