A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 305,035
Currently Running With Scissors:
517 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Archived Featured Knitting Projects  (Read 184092 times)
Tags for this thread: category_featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

helenm66
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2010 01:52:15 AM »

That's definitely a Tom Baker (the best ever Doctor Who) Scarf, looks kinda like a huge snake.... bet it's warm as toast though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gingerpeachy
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Will swap for heart-shaped buttons

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2010 02:04:21 AM »

I don't think I have ever seen such huge (and awesome) cables before.  Well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly known as Sinellia.
lapoli

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2010 08:55:19 AM »

Featured Knitting Projects - August 2010

You guys have been patiently waiting for this all month, so here are our Featured Knitting Projects for August 2010!

How are these projects chosen?  First, you should know that you are an integral part in selecting the featured projects! Each time you browse the knitting board and select the "This Rocks" icon (towards the bottom right of the first post), it shows up for us in a handy viewer.  We also select projects that we feel are eye-catching and/or are made by knitters that contribute a lot to our community.

(Kudos, too, to all of you! There was a dramatic increase in "this rocks" reports this month which made the job of picking featured projects much easier!)

We had a lot of fun and creative projects posted on the board this month.. Here are some of your favorites!

We'll start with a clever touch of whimsy this month. MelGiggles took a Knitty pattern and adapted it to include a pair of wings!  

(She's also very generously included the pattern so you can make your own Time Flies Wristband, too!)
preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '________________________________________________________________________________')

ShaanaBanaana's Juno Squirrel Sweater got a ton of "this rocks" from you guys this month, and for a great reason!   What a lucky sister to receive such a great gift!

preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '________________________________________________________________________________')

It's not a monthly featured knitting post without a tribute to those with greater knitting stamina than most people we know!  A hearty "well-done" to member blondiequeen88 who revived a vintage knitting pattern to create an eye-catching cape of many colors!

Thanks for everyone's contributions to the knitting board this month! I can't wait to see what September brings! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2010 09:20:37 PM »

Great choices this month, lapoli!!

Congratulations to all the featured artists Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2010 05:22:27 PM »

All these projects are great! I'm pretty sure I hit "This Rocks" for each one of them. Congrats everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Opaka
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2010 12:11:46 AM »

That squirrel sweater is adorable!  And awfully cozy, I bet.  Love it.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Oh, look at you lot. You're all so vacant. Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing."
daisymae2
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2010 06:52:19 PM »

The squirrel sweater is so cute. Love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Colors must fit together as pieces in a puzzle or cogs in a wheel. --Hans Hofmann
helenm66
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2010 03:37:17 AM »

I just love that shawl, it's the nicest thing I've seen in ages.

H
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lapoli

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2010 07:25:46 AM »

Featured Knitting Projects - September/October 2010

You guys have been patiently waiting for this all month, so here are our Featured Knitting Projects for September and October 2010!

(Sorry, too, for the lack of Featured Projects for September... Where did that time go?)

How are these projects chosen?  First, you should know that you are an integral part in selecting the featured projects! Each time you browse the knitting board and select the "This Rocks" icon (towards the bottom right of the first post), it shows up for us in a handy viewer.  We also select projects that we feel are eye-catching and/or are made by knitters that contribute a lot to our community.

(Kudos, too, to all of you! There was a dramatic increase in "this rocks" reports this month which made the job of picking featured projects much easier!)

We had a lot of fun and creative projects posted on the board in the last two months... Here are some of your favorites!

The weather is definitely changing for some of us and what better way to usher in the cooler weather than with some awesome scarves?!

Atsuko made at least two of these Octopus Tentacle Scarves--one for a friend and one for her darling daughter. (Can we mention how lucky they are?)  What a clever pattern that's sure to turn heads!

preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '_______________________________________________________')

Anyone who is (or has been) addicted to Guitar Hero will appreciate this very cool Guitar Hero-inspired scarf, knitted by member muzikalcheezegal.  Anyone want to guess what song this is?

preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '_______________________________________________________')

This Braided Winter Headband got a lot of your attention with its unusual design and great colors.  Member natalex has even graciously shared the pattern so we can all have our very own braided headbands, too!

Thanks for everyone's contributions to the knitting board this month! I can't wait to see what the next month brings! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2010 11:37:36 AM »

Cute stuff! I hadn't seen the octopus scarf before, atsuko is so flingin-flangin clever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
All Natural Beauty Tips Using Items Found In Your Kitchen
Plus-Size Model Stuns In Robyn Lawley Swimwear
Best Acne Treatment Products
The Newest Urban Decay Naked Palette Review
5 Glamorous Holiday Makeup Looks
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...