A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
468 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter Recipes Collection  (Read 24387 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , recipe , candy , harry_potter_party , party , cookie  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nachturnal
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2011 07:05:29 AM »

Since I'm Australian and all, I can't comment on the recipe for Butterbeer jello shots, but I reckon it would look much more "authentic" if it was made darker (maybe with a splash of creme de cacao) and used white/translucent sugar crystals instead of coloured ones.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ivoryh1632
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2011 09:15:56 PM »

jennieingram- Harry Potter jell-o shot recipies?Huh You just became my new favorite person  Grin

nachturnal- I'm confused, why can't you comment on the recipie for butterbeer jello shots because you're Austrailan?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nachturnal
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2011 09:17:59 PM »

jennieingram- Harry Potter jell-o shot recipies?Huh You just became my new favorite person  Grin

nachturnal- I'm confused, why can't you comment on the recipie for butterbeer jello shots because you're Austrailan?

Need a valid ZIP code to sign up to that site and I don't much feel like making one up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ivoryh1632
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2011 09:49:28 PM »

Oooohhhhhh ok, that makes sense now. I was thinking that Austraila doesn't have jello or something weird like that.....rediculous, I know, but hey, its been a long day lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nachturnal
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2011 10:13:36 PM »

Oooohhhhhh ok, that makes sense now. I was thinking that Austraila doesn't have jello or something weird like that.....rediculous, I know, but hey, its been a long day lol.

Haha, no worries.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BlueTiger80
Slender Man Obsessed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2011 08:37:34 AM »

Wanted to thank everyone who contributed to the recipes here and to jennieingram for compiling this list and posting it and keeping it updated! :3 Been looking for some fun new recipes to work on and try out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Taben
    -BlueTiger80
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2011 09:02:25 AM »

Need a valid ZIP code to sign up to that site and I don't much feel like making one up.

Well then, since you can't get to the recipe, I'll just have to bring the recipe to you...

Butterbeer Jelly Shots

by JellyShotTestKitchen via Tablespoon.com
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 3 hrs 15 min
Serving Size: 24 jelly shots

Ingredients
   1 cup creme soda
   2 envelopes plain gelatin
   1/3 cup vanilla vodka
   2/3 cup butterscotch schnapps
   colored large crystal sugar, for garnish, if desired

Directions
1. Pour soda in a medium saucepan and sprinkle with gelatin. Allow to soak for a minute or two.

2. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until the gelatin is dissolved (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat.

3. Stir in the vodka and schnapps.

4. Pour into standard loaf pan (non-reactive metal or glass, approx. 9" x 5"). Refrigerate until fully set (about 3 hours).

5. To serve, cut into desired shapes.

6. Immediately before serving, dip in colored crystal sugar, for garnish, if desired.

***Please note, this recipe does not belong to me.  It was created by the writers of the bolg Jelly Shot Test Kitchen for the website Tablespoon.com.  It has been quoted here for the benefit of our Australian friends who would be otherwise unable to see it, not having a US based zip code and all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
nachturnal
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2011 03:22:16 PM »

Well then, since you can't get to the recipe, I'll just have to bring the recipe to you...

Butterbeer Jelly Shots

by JellyShotTestKitchen via Tablespoon.com
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 3 hrs 15 min
Serving Size: 24 jelly shots

Ingredients
   1 cup creme soda
   2 envelopes plain gelatin
   1/3 cup vanilla vodka
   2/3 cup butterscotch schnapps
   colored large crystal sugar, for garnish, if desired

Directions
1. Pour soda in a medium saucepan and sprinkle with gelatin. Allow to soak for a minute or two.

2. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until the gelatin is dissolved (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat.

3. Stir in the vodka and schnapps.

4. Pour into standard loaf pan (non-reactive metal or glass, approx. 9" x 5"). Refrigerate until fully set (about 3 hours).

5. To serve, cut into desired shapes.

6. Immediately before serving, dip in colored crystal sugar, for garnish, if desired.

***Please note, this recipe does not belong to me.  It was created by the writers of the bolg Jelly Shot Test Kitchen for the website Tablespoon.com.  It has been quoted here for the benefit of our Australian friends who would be otherwise unable to see it, not having a US based zip code and all.

Thanks!  I can actually see it sporadically if I refresh the page enough times, I just can't leave a comment there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2011 01:27:54 PM »

A friend just shared this with me via facebook and I thought I'd share it with my fellow HP fans.  I think some house shots are in order when I can watch all 8 movies together.... Tongue

http://www.buzzfeed.com/fjelstud/20-alcoholic-beverages-inspired-by-the-harry-potte
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IridescentDoll
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2011 04:38:56 PM »

IIm thinking of having a HP BDay bash so these recipes will be awesome
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want a man who will dance with me like Harry danced with Hermione and love me like Snape loved Lily <3

Most girls are waiting for their Prince Charming. I'm waiting for my Time Lord <3
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Assess Thinning Hair
How to Fix Dull Hair Color
How to Make Voluminous Hair Last All Day
How To Get Silky, Straight Hair
How to Wear Rainbow Hair and Look Good
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...