A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,699
Currently Running With Scissors:
540 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Snack Swap 4 Gallery  (Read 5496 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

scarlet_nights
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You laugh because Im different, I laugh because your all the same.

Eh what, no Im a f@$&ing squirel

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2011 01:54:21 AM »

What is it with Lucky Charms? Is there nothing similar to it anywhere else? On a different note, Ive managed to hold off eating very much of my package,waiting to share with the bf, but I have tried the Kinder Egg(need more of those!) and the violet candy(it tastes like bubble bath!) I had a lot of fun taking it to work and talking people into trying it. Some liked it till i said I thought it tasted like bubble bath lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Geek
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2011 02:34:31 AM »

Everyones snacks look great, I'm excited for round 5 of this swap already Smiley

I think I'm definitely going to have to treat us to another box or two off ebay at some point.
I didn't realize they sold food on Ebay.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised, though.  If you don't want to wait for an auction I'd be happy to send you some.  Just PM me when/if you're interested.

That would be great, I'll PM you and we an sort out a personal swap Smiley

corduroy cat - They're cheaper than the ones I found, I think the ones I was looking at were about 8 for a box half that size.

scarlet_nights - No theres nothing like that over here, I think a lot of people remember them from when they were kids aswell and since they stopped selling them they have gotten a kind of cult status over here. I posted a pic on Facebook of my boyfriend with the box and got about a million comments asking where I got them from and commenting on how awesome they are/were Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

halblingefrau

Skillz. I has dem.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2011 10:53:11 AM »

scarlet_nights don't you just love those Kinder eggs?  I got ADDICTED to them in Germany when I lived there.  And the Hungarian Kinder Eggs are totally different:  one half of the plastic egg holds the toy, the other half holds a nutella like creamy chocolate.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog | Wists

PM me for personal swaps.
SciFunk
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2011 07:36:39 AM »

So far we've tried everything apart from the Pop Tarts (I realised I haven't bought a toaster yet lol) the Magic Shell (I forgot to buy ice cream Sad ) and the Butterfinger.

My boyfriend has eaten about half the Lucky charms already, it is his birthday though so I don't mind. It's the first time i've tried them because I don't remember them from when they used to sell them over here and they're delicious! I think I'm definitely going to have to treat us to another box or two off ebay at some point. I don't think the Ranch dressing is going to last very long either, we both love it Smiley

Psch, toasting pop tarts? I think they're usually eaten straight out of the box here. Then again, they're often better toasted. After reading this, I think you'll really like the second box I sent. Hint: it's full of just one thing. Grin

Regarding the ranch dressing, do you really have nothing similar?! I lived in Oklahoma for a while, and I don't know what we would've done without ranch dressing. Roll Eyes

Here's my first box:

Can you tell I just asked for one thing? Grin My mom got me addicted to kinder eggs when I was little, but since I've gotten older I feel like they're harder and harder to get. I guess my family doesn't really keep in touch with people from other countries anymore. They're still my absolute favoritest thing ever, and Geek is the best international snack swap partner for putting up with my obsession. You can see on the left I couldn't even wait to get a picture; I immediately tore open one of the boxes and ate the eggs. The toys from them are in front -- an inflatable paper elephant with a mouse in his trunk, a little green racing car that speeds along after you pull it back along the floor, and a little dog from the movie Rio (which I haven't seen yet). I love love love my box and can't wait to see the larger box Geek sent!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Spoopy
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2011 06:50:54 PM »

Starburst rattlesnakes?! I love starbursts and gummies! Its like two of my favorite things rolled into one! I'll have to see if I can get those somewhere locally

I fell in love with starburst gummies when I was in australia. Unfortunently you can't get them in the US and Canada. They are an australian thing. I went through serious withdrawal when I got home. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lady Pistola
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2011 08:30:38 PM »

Hallelujah! I found my spare card reader! Here are the treats sorbetsurprise sent me!

Some fun things to bake...trifle, pudding, something that looks like flan, Galaxy cake bars, Aero, FizzWizz, Caramel Nibbles, Refreshers, Haribo Gummies, Little cake sprinkles that are gummy citrus slices!

Chewits, Chewits Extreme Sour, Aero Bubbles, Aero Cocoa Mix, Flumps, and a few other little things in there!

And the beautiful craft! A cushion cover!

Perfect to send overseas, it is so light. I've been in the process of covering my current blue and brown pillows (all the same) with different cushions, and this was PERFECT! I love the ruffles on it, the pretty, soft minty color, and my son loved it too. I put it on the couch to get an 'action' shot, but he climbed right up and started studying the ruffles!

Thanks sorbetsurprise for a fantastic swap!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have vintage smurf sheets and do embroidery and stenciling...wanna swap?
sorbetsurprise
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2011 12:56:39 AM »

That is such a cute photo with your son!  I hope you enjoy the snacks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eamea
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2011 07:06:14 AM »

OMG I want the slime bag!!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011 10:25:37 AM by SevsOnlyGirl - Reason: Please don't quote photos » THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's one in every family, and I'm an only child.
Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2011 11:30:15 AM »

My package from Teaspoons and Tiaras arrived yesterday - And I was home for a once-a-year sick day. Anyway here is my loot:

Irish treats:

There is Orange Chocolate, Cheese and Onion flavored Taytos, and something that I asked for - a real Irish treat called Sham Rock. I asked for authentic things from my partner. And by the way, my boss is in Letterkenney right now, visiting her folks.

Chocolate treats:

I see the word "Guiness" and I'm in. I've been known to quaff a Guiness or 12!

Next the crafty bits:

A small hand-bound book and a recipe for "Fifteens". Inside the book it says "A Tiny Book for Tiny Wonderings". Need to learn how to do that stitch. And I just posted in another thread that I wanted to make tiny books to keep my inchies and twinchies in so thanks. And for the recipe, decadent and yes, I will try it. I may substitute something chocolatey for the coconut.

A mix tape!

And I do have a cassette player at school. Thanks!

And some snack jewelry:

Ice cream cone earrings, gingerbread man bracelet and strawberry necklace.

I think it all suits me so thanks for all the goodies!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011 11:32:31 AM by Smmarrt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3
Altered Puzzle Pieces - again!
Ninni Swap in August
Fall Dotee Swap in September
zzdia

oh-my-golly-wow-bananas

« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2011 03:37:58 AM »

Thanks so much (as I munch on a macapario tart--- so good!! Wink)

You're welcome. Cheesy It's actually macapuno. Sorry, crappy handwriting. Roll Eyes It's sort of a mutated coconut, it gets used a lot for desserts here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog :: pinterest

Swapping international? Read up on swapping tips!

Tomorrow is another day. Never say die. Tomorrow is the day I die
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
January 17th: Popeye Sets Sail
Marionettes with Geahk Burchill
Cirque Du Soleil Stage Preparation
War On Christmas PSA
Cirque Du Soleil Show Dralion Performers
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...