A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
507 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 79
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2011 r3 mini 13 days of Halloween(signups CLOSED. Send outs 26/9)  (Read 41817 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ffrogg526
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #510 on: August 30, 2011 02:34:06 PM »

Z (my other half) is driving up on Friday and we're spending Labor Day weekend together so I'm thinking that crafting is kind of out.  But the weekend of the 9th through the 11th I should be able to get LOTS of projects done!  Cheesy  One more         of                 and I'll have 7 days done.  I have plans for the other days but I'm not sure how much I like all of them.  We'll see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #511 on: August 30, 2011 02:44:57 PM »

HELP!!!
IM TRYING to make a "Witch" head. I have tried the old nylon thing that is not giving me the results I like. Does anyone have any suggestions on paper mache? I know you can use a balloon. But how do you attach the features (ex: the big nose, and mole?). any help is appreciated.

If you have any of the recycled paper egg boxes, those can be cut up for the features. Just glue them on and papier mache over them Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlmostDawn
« Reply #512 on: August 30, 2011 05:11:49 PM »

Labor Day weekend will be full of crafting for me too!
I drove down south yesterday & made a trip to the dollar store (NO HALLOWEEN STUFF!  WTH?) and Joann.  I can't believe how much I spent - and I restrained myself.  But oh my goodness, did I get some awesome stuff.  I can't wait to get started on the next projects!  I got stuff for the swap, but lots for my own Halloween decorations, too.  But I won't say what I'm doing for myself yet in case it turns out really well & I decide AlmostDawn needs one, too.  Smiley

Still very disappointed that I can't seem to  find one little thing (or a cheater way of doing the same thing!) for one project I have my heart set on making.  I think I have to cave & find it on amazon or something... 

oooo! I'm sooo excited.
I stopped by my dollar store for tape and found something *awesome* for you. I've put it in the glove box of my car so it doesn't get misplaced.
I'm so excited to start putting your box together.

I hope you find what you need!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.sewallegorical. com

Stalking me?: http://pinterest.com/allegorical/

50 in 2011: 14/50
Sketchbook Project 2012: Untitled
bobbinalong
« Reply #513 on: August 30, 2011 05:26:07 PM »

I'm so pleased to say that my trial run of the never before used medium super creepy craft was a success! 

Also, I hate zippers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PurplePaisley
« Reply #514 on: August 30, 2011 06:28:12 PM »

HELP!!!
IM TRYING to make a "Witch" head. I have tried the old nylon thing that is not giving me the results I like. Does anyone have any suggestions on paper mache? I know you can use a balloon. But how do you attach the features (ex: the big nose, and mole?). any help is appreciated.

If you have any of the recycled paper egg boxes, those can be cut up for the features. Just glue them on and papier mache over them Smiley
Great idea. Thank you
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dazeychick
"I got my toes in the water, a** in the sand..." -Zac Brown Band

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #515 on: August 30, 2011 06:36:36 PM »

going kind of slow on my side... but I'm off all weekend so I'm hoping to have a huge craft-fest and get everything finished!! I went to pick up some frames at Michaels today and they have a lot more halloween stuff out, so exciting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Leave something good in everyday" -Dolly Parton

http://pinterest.com/c_green
http://candragreen.blogspot.com/
NH822

"Every day is better than the last!" -Logan, age 6

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #516 on: August 30, 2011 07:27:03 PM »

Smiley  Happily crafting away.  Really happy how things are coming along.  Hope to have an item completed tomorrow if all goes well.  I have another 2-3 in the works Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues."
-Elizabeth Taylor
cabaute

Fickle Crafter Extraordinaire

A loving heart is the truest wisdom. -Dickens

« Reply #517 on: August 30, 2011 09:15:06 PM »

Well, I just did a tally and I have four 1/2 days 100% done and 2 days partially started.  I have the ideas for the remainder plotted out.  I am having So. Much. Fun. with this swap!  I'll be out of town after this until early next week, so just wanted to touch base and let everyone know where I'm at and that it is In Progress!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whatthepuck

I don't know what's going on here.

« Reply #518 on: August 31, 2011 02:30:53 PM »

I. Hate. Sewing. Yesterday I had to seam rip half of what I did and bled twice. I always have to seam rip half of what I do so that wasn't a big surprise. I've been known to seam rip and make the same mistake again (and again.) I'm glad this is a Halloween swap. It doesn't make the blood seem out of place. Grrr.  Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Swaps:
Kids Craft
Pendant
Halloween in June
Altered Puzzle Piece
Mini 13 DoH

Would love to personal swap for Blythe granny square hat(s)
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #519 on: August 31, 2011 03:07:14 PM »

I. Hate. Sewing. Yesterday I had to seam rip half of what I did and bled twice. I always have to seam rip half of what I do so that wasn't a big surprise. I've been known to seam rip and make the same mistake again (and again.) I'm glad this is a Halloween swap. It doesn't make the blood seem out of place. Grrr.  Angry

I am going to have to do the same thing.  I totally messed it up!  Curse you sewing! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 79 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jonathan Alter Reveals His Motto
An Author Chat with Julia DeVillers and Hillary Homzie Part 3
Meet Author Elizabeth Aston
Wild Horse Annie and the Last of the Mustangs Book Trailer
Philippa Gregory Talks About The Plantagenets
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...