A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,187
Currently Running With Scissors:
354 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sailor Moon Stuffie Swap Round 1 Gallery  (Read 4962 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2011 06:45:48 AM »

OMG, what a cute set!!! Zoisite in SM disguise: love it! The tiny Kunzite is SO ADORABLE.  He's totally my favorite of the four Grin 

The fanart is Gorgeous!  Sweatereyes, you are VERY talented! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweatereyes

We are but lovers.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2011 09:22:38 AM »

I'm so happy that you got your package that you are are happy with it!  As soon as I saw that you loved that episode I KNEW that I had to make a Sailor Zoisite doll.. there wasn't even any other options in my mind.  Once I *knew* the big plushie, it was only natural that he (or does he prefer to be called she? hehe) would want a little sleepy Kunzite to cuddle with.  Sorry about the Frankenstein scar on his neck though, after I did the hair, his head was so heavy that it couldn't stay up.. (that extra week saved me with being able to fix it).  This was my first doll that I've made, so I admit that I didn't entirely know what I was doing.  But it turned out well, so thats all that matters.  I really wanted to make him to also include his regular Zoisite clothing, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out a way that I could do the hair so that it could change between the odangos and a regular pony tail (I considered wigs... but wasn't confident enough that it would work out).

I had a lot of fun taking pictures of both of them before sending them off.. I made a post in the toys, dolls and playthings forum here, with lots of pictures:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=386451.0

Here is Sailor Zoisite trying to hide in my Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask section of my Sailor Moon collection... (you can't tell very easily, but he is sitting on Tuxedo Mask, you can see his feet sticking out there).

I posted this in my other post, but thought I would still include here.. it just makes me laugh too much.

Thank you for the compliments also!   ^_^

Can't wait for my package to get here.  
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011 09:25:49 AM by sweatereyes » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ill weave your names into my ribcage; lock your hearts inside my chest.
Regain the passion I once carried; do away with all the rest.
I tore the sickness from your bodies; smashed its head against the bricks.
I made a castle from its bones that you may always dwell in it.
SiakelA
Summer is finally here again!

Wit beyond measure...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2011 08:05:55 PM »

I got my swap!! It's the asteroid girls! They are super cute, and the hair was done with wire so they stay in shape. AAAAAND my partner gave my a luna p cause she knew I really wanted one!!

SQUEE! Thank you striker Smiley As always, a pleasure to swap with you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2011 01:52:28 AM »

They're asteroid senshi! May I say that we do get some cool characters in this swap?
That hair is amazing! Can you do detail shots?
And they're really beautifully shaped! Would love to hear all about how they were made!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2011 07:08:08 AM »

They're asteroid senshi! May I say that we do get some cool characters in this swap?
That hair is amazing! Can you do detail shots?
And they're really beautifully shaped! Would love to hear all about how they were made!

I actually really wanted someone to make the Asteroid Senshi....so when minathia had them on her favs list, I was like "hmmm, maybe I could do them!"  No one's really crafted them before and I think they are just so cool! Smiley

Let me tell you...they were a PITA to make, basically I had to come up with everything from scratch...I looked for patterns and nothing really gave me the "manga" style that I was going for (really tiny waists, super-long legs, etc).  The only pattern I even referenced was how to join the legs together, but that was it.  They also took forever to make, so I really appreciate the extension!  I started with legs then went to the body (one piece).  Made arms and sewed them on.  Did the heads, hair caps, buns, embroidered the eyes (another PITA thing, but they came out better than expected), stuffed the head and sewed it on.  Once the head was attached, then I added all the wired hair pieces.

The hair is all held together by thread, yarn, wire and glue! I tried sewing at first, but then realized that glue worked SO MUCH BETTER.  Each of them have a standard hair cap that is sewn...Ceres and Pallas have a hair bun sewed to the cap, and Vesta has a bunch of hair buns sewed together.  Juno...dear god, Juno...I saved her for last, because I knew she would be the most difficult.  All of the thin hair pieces are 18 gauge (or 20, I'm not sure) wire coated in glue, then wrapped with yarn.

The skirt, collar, bows were all winged, like everything else.  I'm super happy with the way the skirts came out...I was definitely going for the more ruffled (rather than pleated) look that the manga has, and I think it shows.

I've been thinking about making a set for myself, but it was a whole lot of time and work.  For some reason, I don't feel like spending all that work on myself, but for a swap partner, it seems much more worth the effort Smiley

I have some sort-of detail shots that I took before sending, so I can post those when I get home.  Posted, see below!

Luna-P was much easier to make since she has pretty simple shapes to crochet.  I tried doing a mouth/nose on her, but it didn't look as cute without it, so I decided to leave those out.

As much as the senshi were difficult to make, I'm really proud of them and I think they came out fantastic.  Each one is a little different as I made little improvements each time (in case you're wondering, Ceres, being the leader and all, was the first that I tried everything on.)

« Last Edit: July 25, 2011 02:22:31 PM by striker923 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2011 07:13:17 AM »

I got my swap!! It's the asteroid girls! They are super cute, and the hair was done with wire so they stay in shape. AAAAAND my partner gave my a luna p cause she knew I really wanted one!!

I'm glad you like them! I had to throw in the Luna-P Wink  It was really fun and I learned a whole bunch more about amigurumi, so it was a learning experience too.  Thanks so much for giving me the opportunity to make the gals! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2011 01:56:38 PM »

Fantastic job on them, and the hair especially! Thanks for the detail shots! I've been making curvy crochet dolls for other swaps, and I know the painful process Grin

Something I've never done, but received yesterday is a Poppet! Yes, I got my first poppet, and it's Tetis! She's completely handsewn and currently keeping me company in my craft space (no doubt waiting for me to finish a Jadeite stuffie Grin) With Tetis and the cute little felt phone came some Australian chocolate, which my kids loved. Thank you tabiekat!

I'm Tetis, feel my wrath!

Oh no, she has the phone! No telling what she could do with it!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011 01:59:44 PM by Ruby Copperhead » THIS ROCKS   Logged
BunnieBard
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2011 07:58:37 PM »

Oh my gosh, that Zoisite in disguise looks so cuddly! I love it! I also love the little Haruka hot wheels; I forgot she did that!

I got my package yesterday, but I haven't had a good chance for pictures yet. I also know my partner got hers on Saturday, but I haven't heard anything...? Ashley, I have pictures if you're feeling lazy...?  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SiakelA
Summer is finally here again!

Wit beyond measure...

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2011 08:43:50 PM »

I'm glad you like them! I had to throw in the Luna-P Wink  It was really fun and I learned a whole bunch more about amigurumi, so it was a learning experience too.  Thanks so much for giving me the opportunity to make the gals! Smiley

I was so surprised to get them, actually! I remembered putting them on there, but I guess I was expecting one of the more traditional characters! I'm so happy I had a chance to spark your creativity. Cheesy

I forgot to mention how much I enjoyed the eyes as well. They look really great, and I don't think anything else (felt, paint, etc) would have looked as nice on these dolls.

Honestly, I would love to be your partner any time. Just....no new crafts unless it's the ONLY swap I'm in!! I learned my lesson. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweatereyes

We are but lovers.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2011 04:43:20 AM »

First of all, the Asteroid Senshi set looks fantastic.  How big are they?  They look like they have a lot of nice details (and that is awesome that the hair stays in place, a girl needs their hair to stay in place while they fight bad guys). 

Second, when I first saw Tetis, I didn't recognize her right away, but once I saw the name I knew exactly who it was.  Obscure references and small characters are so elitist and therefor so much more fun to have!  (In that thought I am pretty sure that every option I gave theatreorchid was a main character.. hmm).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ill weave your names into my ribcage; lock your hearts inside my chest.
Regain the passion I once carried; do away with all the rest.
I tore the sickness from your bodies; smashed its head against the bricks.
I made a castle from its bones that you may always dwell in it.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Picasa 3: A Photo and Video Editing Freeware
How to Photoshop a Movie Poster Desktop Wall Paper - Part 2
How to Photoshop a Movie Poster Desktop Wall Paper
How to Photoshop a Movie Poster Desktop Wall Paper - 3 of 3
How to Make a Stop Motion Animation with IKITMovie
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...