A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 300,923
Currently Running With Scissors:
602 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gotta catch 'em all (Pic and Vaporeon heavy)  (Read 2253 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kksimone
« on: July 09, 2011 07:00:41 PM »

Man oh man, have I been slacking on posting here.  Probably because I've been so busy stitching Pokemon.

I don't remember what game Cubone was from.  This was a custom piece from a charity auction; my winning bidder sent me the sprite.  Figuring out Cubone brown was incredibly challenging, and I'm still not entirely sure I really got it.  The caption is from Cubone's Pokedex entry in Pokemon Yellow.  I thought all black letters would be too harsh, and then just sort of decided to put "deceased" in black.

Shiny Vaporeon (the purple one) is now finished, ironed, and in a hoop that probably needs to be finished.  I did the regular Vaporeon using a sprite from Diamond/Pearl.  Shiny is from Black/White.  Which I don't even own, but, hey, more potential Pokemon patterns.  I've had bad experiences with pattern making software, so I use graph paper and cheap colored pencils.

I have too much craft stuff (especially yarn), so I've been trying to use things like leftover Bright Ideas Aida.  The only solution: Pokemon.

This Vaporeon (the greatest eeveelution, btw) is from Pokemon Gold.  I stitched most of this on the way from Chapel Hill to Garden City/Myrtle Beach, SC.  I added a single pixel to the mouth so Vaporeon would be happy.

And tonight's "using up Bright Ideas Lemon" project: Pikachus (Pikachux?  Pikachae?)

I'm almost sorry to finally be rid of my leftover screaming yellow fabric.  Well, I still need to think of some more blue Pokemon.  Maybe I need to make a Marill to go with Pikachu.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2012 List

Craft Blog: Jupiter Star Power

Etsy: K.K. Simone
kurzes_haar
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011 07:23:43 PM »

Cute! I'm still working on a cross stitch of Octillery, so maybe you'll be my motivation!

Bee tee dubs, Cubone is from the Gen. 1 games. So Red, Blue, Green (in Japan), and Yellow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jack: Who has a sonic screwdriver?
The Doctor: I do!
Jack: Who looks at a screwdriver and thinks, "Woo, this could be a little more sonic."?
The Doctor: What, you've never been bored? Never had a long night? Never had a lot of cabinets to put up?
ZombriNation
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011 07:29:20 PM »

Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh!!
I have a Vaporeon collection that those would be perfect for!!
You're so freaking awesome for this!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Your past is just a story. And once you realize this it has no power over you.
kksimone
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011 07:44:57 PM »

@kurzes_haar: Cubone is Gen 1, but I think the sprite came from a later game.  I ditched some shading (with permission), but it was definitely too detailed/nice to be from R/B/Y (or even G/S/C)

Most Pokemon stitch up pretty quick (after you're done figuring out colors).  The HG/SS overworld sprites are great for quick projects. (Spriter's Resource has them by console, game, and then region: http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/pokeheartgoldsoulsilver/sheet/26795

@ZombriNation: The two round ones are currently displayed with my two plastic figures.  I am almost afraid to ask about your collection for fear that I will immediately covet it and drop more than I care to think about on Poke-dolls.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2012 List

elliot_anne
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011 08:03:04 PM »

Totally awesome! I love these!

I was working on a giant cross stitch of all of the original pokemon along time ago... Never finished. This has given me the inspiration to try again!

I do have to disagree on one count, however. Flareon is totally the best eeveelution. (And I named one of my guinea pigs Eevee...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011 07:28:37 AM »

That is some mighty fine stitching.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
My pinterest
Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds
kksimone
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011 02:24:12 PM »

I can't even imagine considering stitching the original 151.  I briefly considered an alphabet sampler, but then I realized the difficult decisions I'd have to make for certain letters. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2012 List

bamka
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011 07:03:22 PM »

These are so awesome! Where did you find such brightly colored aida? Jealousy!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
puzzled-penguin
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011 10:42:17 AM »

I really like the Cubone. I always liked that pokemon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
applesweet
Darling

Banana-Headed Thing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011 08:33:40 PM »

Love the Pikachus!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Fresh Take on Vintage Waves
Learning to Embrace Your Frizz With Taren Guy
Loc Updos for Weddings
How to Get the Perfect Chain-Braid Updo
How to Get Twisted Bun: An Upgrade for Mid-Length Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...