A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 303,169
Currently Running With Scissors:
666 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Massage Oil???????  (Read 523 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: June 07, 2005 02:30:14 PM »

Hey I was wondering if anyone new a good recipe for massage oil with stuff around the house? Smiley

" To be a lady one must only be themselves."

we are ugly but we have the music

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005 06:21:51 PM »

you can make scented oils out of any herbs/spices and oil.  it's just like making tea: heat oil a little (don't boil {fire hazard}, just warm is fine) then pour over loose herbs. allow to soak for a few hours and strain out.  you can also not heat the oil and then just leave the mixture for about a week instead.   
that said, higher quality oil will be better,  almond oil is the best for most people, virgin olive oil might be in your kitchen anyway.  other quality cooking oils like grapeseed are good too, don't use anything that smells!   
Whole spices like cinnamon sticks, cloves, and nutmeg are yummy, but don't go too strong on these, because they will heat up your skin.  If you have a garden, you can use flower petals.  Roses, lavender, juniper berries, citrus peels...   make a little batch and keep it in a cool place.
be sure to test a little on your skin before doing a whole massage in case you react to any of the ingredients.

now, whether in punishment or reward, through all eternity, she must love and believe in what she did not understand.  -dennison
Addicted to Soap
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005 08:23:25 PM »

i like to mix my favorite lotion with infuesed oils.

i love being bergamont corriander lotion, from bath and body works. i put almond oil in a jar with orange peels, and sqeeze some the actuall oranges juices. just a bit of juice.  let it sit aobut a week or two depending on how strong u want it. then take the peels out, mix with lotion till u get the consistancy u want, i dont like anything that is too oily even message oil. i like products to dry fast on my skin. this has the same effect as meassagingoil, but will dry faster and smell better.

www.magdoline.com Everything about my life.
www.addictedtosoap.com Everything about soap.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chescalocs Explains How to Maintain Your Hair After Exercising
How Kim Kardashian Instantly and Controversially Slims Her Waist
4 Most Common Beauty Blunders and How to Fix Them
Dove Beauty Bar Review
Rose Gold Eyes Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quilted Patchwork Basket
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Spooky Halloween Decorations
Craft Challenge #110 Announced - Halloween Costume Contest!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...