A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,647
Currently Running With Scissors:
802 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gemstone Bracelet - Advice Needed  (Read 856 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Geniale
Formerly known as Burgz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 08, 2011 05:01:13 PM »

I've been wanting a bracelet made with a whole bunch of different semi-precious gemstones because I just love them so much. I've finally materialised that wish but I'd appreciate your advice on the two different versions of it I've made.

From left to right: turquoise, opalite, sodalite, aventurine, lapis, snowflake jasper, malachite, jade, dragon veins agate, fluorite, amethyst, rose quartz, fresh water pearl, agate, palm wood, unakite, tiger eye, wood, and ox bone. Oops, just realised I switched the order of some beads on the second one! The first order is the one I intend on using though I will most likely switch a few of the beads as I am awaiting delivery of sibinite, coral, and amber beads.

I'm afraid the ball on the first one would come undone and I'm more used to wearing closed bracelets. However, the second one is a little snug but I have more confidence in it... this chain is 18cm whilst in reality, a 19cm one would be ideal.

Which version do you think I should keep?
Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Each one of us has a fire in our heart for something. Its our goal in life to find it and to keep it lit. " - Mary Lou Retton
kunoni
can't stay inside the lines..

fly away...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011 05:51:54 PM »

Personally, I like the second one more. Why not just keep both and choose according to your mood?

The bracelets are very pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~shine shine shine~
Geniale
Formerly known as Burgz

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011 06:02:45 PM »

Personally, I like the second one more. Why not just keep both and choose according to your mood?

The bracelets are very pretty!

Thank you for sharing your opinion, I really appreciate it!
I only have beads for one bracelet... they are the same beads, mounted on two different bases.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Each one of us has a fire in our heart for something. Its our goal in life to find it and to keep it lit. " - Mary Lou Retton
tiffi_333
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011 08:12:16 PM »

they turned out really nice though i think they would also look nice if you made the stones more random, so all the blues arent together etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BizzyBee83
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011 08:14:15 PM »

the first one is really nice. can you glue the ends on so that they don't come off? if the second one is too snug, i would be concerns that it would break at the worst time! they both look great though Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

queenarmadillo
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011 07:57:44 AM »

I like the first one better. The simpleness goes with the naturalness of the gemstones more I think.

Agree with the idea of glueing the ends on; it is rubbish when you make nice things and they break!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Geniale
Formerly known as Burgz

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011 08:34:05 AM »

the first one is really nice. can you glue the ends on so that they don't come off? if the second one is too snug, i would be concerns that it would break at the worst time! they both look great though Smiley

I like the first one better. The simpleness goes with the naturalness of the gemstones more I think.

Agree with the idea of glueing the ends on; it is rubbish when you make nice things and they break!

I too like the simplicity of the first one... I never thought of glueing the ends, that's brilliant! What I think I'll do, is wear each one a few times, see which one I feel more comfortable in, and when I receive the final beads, I'll decide on which version to keep and finalise it. It turns out the second one actually fits perfectly, I guess I was bloated or something when I first tried it on Cheesy

they turned out really nice though i think they would also look nice if you made the stones more random, so all the blues arent together etc.

That was my intention at first, but for some reasons, as much as I love the look of randomness, or a messy hairstyle etc, I've never been able to stand it on myself... it drives me nuts. I guess I'm too much of a perfectionist Undecided I'll try to rearrange them before deciding on the final version because I'd really prefer more 'organic' look of random placement, but I'm not sure I'll be able to satisfy myself. If they're organised by colour, I can't keep on reordering them indefinitely since the colours kind of dictate the order.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make an Origami Bird Base
How to Knit the Rib Stitch
How to Cast Off in Knitting
How to Cast on
How to Knit a Simple Baby Hat
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...