A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 306,355
Currently Running With Scissors:
373 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Easy Table Centerpiece tutorial  (Read 1363 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PrincessJasmine
« on: July 08, 2011 08:20:46 AM »

My mom, sister and I designed these centerpieces for my sister's wedding. They are so easy to make yourself. 

What you need:
    square vase - ours was 8" square
    Mirrored tile (Bigger than your vase, I think ours was 12") If you need more than a couple you can get them at home improvement stores such as Lowe's or Home Depot much cheaper than craft stores
    9-12 roses depending on size (per vase). You can mix different colors like we did, but you want all the blossoms to be the same size/diameter, or you can do a solid color
    2 pounds of clear glass marbles
    tealight holders and tea lights - we used 6 per table[/li]
How to assemble:

Take your roses out of the package the day before and place them in a larger container with warm water. This will get the blooms to really open up wide.

Wash the vase and marbles.

Pour your marbles in your square vase

Cut 9 to 12 roses all the same length (we did ours to where just the tops stick out) and stick them in the vase in rows. (3 roses, 3 rows worked for us)  Ha! you're done with that part already

Place the vase on mirror in the middle of the table, get some rose petals of various colors and sprinkle them about
Put out your tealights

We also took a rose and put in each napkin.  If you wrap the stems of the rose with floral tape and include a coursage pin, then people can wear the rose as a coursage - clever, I know.  The guests loved having the coursage pins.

Optionally you can wrap a length of ribbon around the vase and seal it with a fancy sticker or bow.  The bride did not want hers that formal, but I thought it was pretty.  We also tried to get these clear 2" stickers with rhinestones on them with their new last name initial "B".  That was cute as well, but ultimately we decided to just have them plain.

I think its possible to do this with other types of flowers, but you'll want it to have a hearty stem, so that it could stand up by itself.  If you want to use say gerberia daisies, you could try to slip each stem into a green straw (or wrap with floral wire) to give it some stiffness.  I'd say you want a trial run before the wedding to make sure everything is just how the bride wants it.  Enjoy Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011 11:21:27 AM »

Your sister's tables look fabulous!  I'm a fan of the tight cluster of flowers, it is nice to have flowers on the table that the guests can see over.  very pretty, thanks for the tutorial Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join the Shop the Swap 2014 Winter Market SIGNUPS Sept 26 - Oct 10!!

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Gabrielle Reece on Why Exercise Is the Answer to Everything
Gabrielle Reece on Finding Balance
Author Gabrielle Reece’s Tips on Marriage
How to Use Deadlines to Achieve Writing Goals
Adapting Standup Comedy Writing to Screenwriting
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...