A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,158
Currently Running With Scissors:
573 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Amy Debra's New Purpose  (Read 3809 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

teachart
« on: July 07, 2011 10:41:59 AM »

My first contest entry Grin!

My sister recently graduated from cosmetology school. She had a couple of practice mannequin heads that she no longer needed, and asked me if I wanted them.

UM, hell yeah I wanted them! I bet all of you reading this would have scooped up a couple of free mannequin heads if they fell into your lap too  Cheesy!
(She was given the one with "Amy" written over the name Debra, we've been calling her "Amy Debra" around my house and the other head my toddler calls "Amy Debra 2")

So they traveled around to different rooms in my house for a while, waiting for me to put them to good use. Well, a good use other than me poking Amy Debra or Amy Debra 2 into the shower on my unsuspecting husband to give him a good creep out.

Then one day it dawned on me: Amy Debra needs to become the keeper of my dangling earrings. This contest was the motivation I needed to use this tute by member erdbeerblau that I've had bookmarked for a while, and the result is an (even creepier?) yet very functional mannequin head.

I think she's quite wonderful. Now to find a useful purpose for Amy Debra 2!

Thanks for looking!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pupper

If buttons ever become currency, I will be rich

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011 11:00:24 AM »

Ha Ha Ha!  I love it!  Great work!  I have a few of these heads from when I graduated Cosmetology school, they are still in a duffle bag.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/BarkingBandits

My Wist: http://www.wists.com/Pupper

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pupper/

I love swapping craft supplies!
Myrdda
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying. - Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011 12:06:54 PM »

are you going to mount her head on a plaque on the wall? that would be even MORE awesome, if possible.  *sigh* she's like the mythical jackalope, only better
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

My Wists! www.wists.com/Myrdda
My Pinterest! www.pinterest.com/Myrdda
teachart
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011 12:59:54 PM »

Thanks for the love guys! Cheesy I like the idea of mounting her Myrdda! I'm a little hesitant to saw into her to do that... when I cut holes in her head to attach the antlers I discovered that she is filled with some sort of itchy white powder (fiberglass perhaps?). I might have to experiment with Amy Debra 2 to find a good mounting solution! Thanks for the suggestion Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amber.hope
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011 01:06:24 PM »

You are so lucky! I have been looking for over a year for a mannequin head for cheap or free. I need one to practice corn rows on so I dont jack up my own or my daughters hair before I know what Im doing. I love what you did with it though its super creepy/cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mingus107
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011 01:48:04 PM »

GOOD LORD! That is EPIC! You must, must, must find a way to mount her!!!! I love her and have the perfect place in my studio for her.......... let me know if you need my address Wink!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teachart
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011 02:10:54 PM »

Ok so now I can't get the thought of mounting her on my wall out of my head!!! I know what I'll be doing this weekend  Grin!

I'd send her to you mingus107, but I don't think I could live through the heartache of telling my three-year-old that Amy Debra is no longer with us Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mingus107
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011 02:33:19 PM »

The fact that she is named "Amy Debra" makes me want her even more! What an awesome name!

Teachart, I'm a big fan of your work. Maybe you'll entertain the idea of a personal swap?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
themuppet
Wants your tasty brainmeats.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011 04:59:12 PM »

I love this so much there aren't even words to describe it!! Antlered people always make me happy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teachart
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2011 05:19:12 AM »

Thanks themuppet! She makes me happy as well Smiley

I sent you a PM mingus107  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Understand a HDR Image Part 1/2
How to Understand a HDR Image Part 2/2
How to High Light Features Through Lighting
How to Provoke an Emotional Reaction with an Image
Comparison Between Literal Rhythm and Reflected Rhythm
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...