A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,083
Currently Running With Scissors:
480 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 1950s Inspired Swap Gallery  (Read 8351 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ViciousPrecious

i ♥ my craft

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2011 02:26:20 AM »

My partner has received so I reckon it's ok that I put up a couple of pics for the curious Wink

I made a cherry purse, 4 pinup pins, and a dress. The sunglasses were a little extra that went along as well, too perfect for the outfit. I didn't take photos of the gift box unfortunately, it had a collage of 1950s magazine clippings on the lid! I'd love to see a photo of the box and the dress in action.

Now that's all done I can finish making my dresses for the Greazefest kustom kulture weekend!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

See my wist
Check out what I'm listening to on last.fm
shylitlegoddess
Jill of most trades

Why is there bacon in the soap??

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2011 10:04:06 AM »

How Cute!

I didn't manage to take photos of my stuff before it left. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crassy_mcnasty

i drank my 40 before i left home, cause i'm a lady

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2011 11:56:48 AM »

ViciousPrecious, the purse and dress are frikkin' awesome!!  you're very talented!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shutterbugkate

Art is the weapon.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2011 10:50:17 AM »

Oh my gosh! Everything looks great. I will be without a computer until the 1st (I'm at the library right now) so I'll have the pics up then.

Also the package I sent out hasn't been received yet, so I have to head down to the post office and talk to them. Eck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
How Lovely
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2011 03:27:16 AM »

Love that dress!!! Polka dots are the best Cheesy I have received Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Or rather, my father has received my parcel, I missed it by a day going on holidays so now I won't get to open it for a week an a half Sad So everyone... check back in not this Monday but next and I'll have pics up Smiley I'm sure it's going to be amazing!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm sweet... Like too much sugar in your tea
~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
Pins: www.pinterest.com/howlovely
Store: www.etsy.com/shop/NostOWLgia
Scarlet_Angel

I think mice are rather nice!

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2011 06:07:31 AM »

Had the most rubbishy morning, you know when just about everything goes wrong and you're fighting back tears (don't let the kids see, don't let the other mum's see) and all you want to do is go and hide in a corner and eat a gallon of ice cream.

THEN.... I got home and received the most amazing and wonderful swap package of my life!!!  Words cannot express just how much I love each and every item that has been made for me with such skill and attention to detail by the hugely talented April.  (and by the way DO dress like April, if these are an example of her crafting skills).

firstly - the bag (purse) - its' gorgeous pin up fabric from my wist,  and in a style that I don't alread own - PERFECT for my holls...

Had to do a close up shot also of the beautifully inserted zipper and the fabulous decorative top stitch - I meant, talk about attention to detail, this is just AWESOME!!!

Then we move onto the hat - a most dreamy concotion in blue, pink, purple and lilac. I think it's crocheted, but could be knitted (Embarrased I don't know which) but either way it's just dreamy. I have a huge hat fetish and again, don't own anything remotely like this - I promise you April it will not be off my head all winter and is taking pride of place on my hat stand

And finally - the most jaw dropping, stunningly beautiful and gorgeous dress in the entire world!!!!!!!!!!  The kids both said I look beautiful in it (bless em) - my Gigi was official photographer, standing on a little table in her high heels to get height, and Bix insisted on getting in the first picture too..

I think this one shows it off best - it's the perfect length with the most brilliant twirly full circle skirt, it's also fully lined and the stitching is impecable.  I was really worried about it fitting - but April did a sterling job with whatever alterations were needed to be made to the pattern as it's just perfect..

I love everything about it - the fabric is just SO me and I really don't want to take it off!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU April - you've not only made my day, but my week and month as well, and unbenowst to you, I go on holiday tomorrow, so it even arrived at the perfect time to slip into my suitcase.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take Care
Drink Wine
Be Chilled!
Mrs.LindsayLoo
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2011 07:14:55 AM »

That black and white dress is really quite fabulous!  And with the white sunglasses, well it really makes the dress.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There is always something that can be covered with glue or tape.
shylitlegoddess
Jill of most trades

Why is there bacon in the soap??

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2011 02:48:50 PM »

Scarlett that dress is great! Wonderful work April!!!

I finally got my package from ShutterBugKate. The naughty postal men broke things!

She sent me a lovely cherry and yellow apron that I'll no doubt be wearing often! (I like to wipe my hands on my clothes when I bake.) A lovely string of pearls. A small artist canvas painting of car flames! (VRROOOMMM!). A bag of salt water taffy! (YUM) Two coke glasses (one broke in transit Sad ), and a hand mirror that she had painted the back with the sillohette of a pin up girl and the words "Fujiama Mama" (One of my very favorite Wanda Jackson songs) which also was broken in transit.

Here's a photo of what survived the postal workers.

I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZidishaLuxe
She's So Unusual

I am Jack's smirking revenge.

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2011 03:24:53 PM »

Great stuff! Especially love those dresses and bags and the apron! Cheesy So sorry the post was rough with your package Sad We have some very talented ladies in this group!!

Starting to get a little worried that my stuff hasn't arrived to monkey_girl yet...but fingers crossed I'm worrying prematurely! Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cadet120433
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2011 03:38:21 PM »

vicious_precious that purse is amazing!! and you look beautiful in that dress, scarlet_angel. so ladies, i am proud to say everyone has sent! thank you all for making this such a fun swap to organize!! can't wait to see the rest of the packages!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

October Crafty Inspirations! I made it!http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=361238.0
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Mustard Encrusted Salmon with Tomato and Onion Salad
Learn how to Tailgate - Pork Cole Slaw and Baked Beans
Learn how to Make Delicious Tailgating Recipes
Learn how to use the Tailgating Tool Box
Learn how to Light Charcoal Without Lighter Fluid for Tailgating
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...