A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 303,216
Currently Running With Scissors:
695 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Year of Homemade gifts - Knit Tank - Updated with action shot! It fit!  (Read 599 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists

One Crafty Mama!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 12, 2011 09:31:58 AM »

Update: Action Shot! It fit her! Whee!

So, this year we decided that we weren't buying any gifts for anyone... only homemade things. Shouldn't be too hard right? We already do a homemade Christmas every year, so why not birthday gifts and mother's and father's day gifts too? It'll be a breeze.

I'm insane.

In July we have 3 sibling birthdays (my hubby's two sibs and my sis) 4 DAYS APART. Yeah, the 14th, the 16th, and the 17th.

Did I mention I'm insane?

So, I make jewellery and I do lots of paper crafts... oh, and I've knitted some dishcloths before... and a scarf or two - so I thought, HEY! I'll knit my sis-in-law a shirt?! (Yup - nutso!)

Well, here it is, ladies and gents. I lengthened the tank a bit because she's quite long in the torso and he likes things that are a little quirky and unique, so this top can be worn with either a high neck/low back or a low neck/high back - however it strikes you.  It's knit in Red Heart Acrylic Soft yarn and the knit is fairly loose so it seems pretty breathable... all in all - not bad for my first ever knit piece of clothing. Yikes! So here's hoping s-i-l likes it!

It really doesn't hang that funny on - I tried it on my other sister who's a similar build, it's quite even.

Single crochet around the sleeves.

C&C Welcome.

I've also just finished my brother in laws gift, which is a MASSIVE t-shirt quilt. My own sister (who's the 16th) may be getting a half-finished skirt with an iou tacked to it... I have two small boys and the sewing machine lives at my mother's house... I'm insane, but I'm not... well, you know.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011 08:09:58 AM by Teamama - Reason: added action shot in OP » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join us for the  NEW 2012-2013 Year of Homemade Gifts: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=413499.0

*LOVE to swap ATCs, and tw/inchies! PM Me!*

Jewels: www.bypatriciabrowne.weebly.com
Le blog: www.talkandtealeaves.blogspot.com
shop: www.etsy.com/shop/PLBrowne
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011 11:12:48 AM »

It looks cute and a great colour. I'm sure she'll love it.

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
Pecan Topped Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
Keeneland Chicken Salad in Bread Bowl Recipe
Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles Recipe
Original Cheese Fries Casserole Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Ghosts and Graveyards
Meatless Monday: Stuffed Acorn Squash
@Home This Weekend: Quilted Patchwork Basket

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...