A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 306,370
Currently Running With Scissors:
459 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Freezerpaper Stencil Shirts For a Swap  (Read 1732 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

I had a stroke Oct. 6th. Doing OK..just slow ;D

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2011 02:32:49 PM »

I have been having fun with the freezerpaper stencil technique recently.  These two shirts were made for nmcakemom07's Hub and son.

For nongamers, the AFK stand for Away From Keyboard.  I kind of free handed this stencil.  I made the shirt, then laid the freezer paper on top.  I marked the spacing lines with a ruler, then ruff drew the text.  I corrected a few of the lines while I was cutting.  And I had to patch some of the text a bit, because I didn't get the spacing 100% right.  I covered up the exposed parts of the shirt between words with painters tape.

This one was for her son.  He likes elephants and T-Rex.  I wanted to do a T-Rex since he has received a few elephant shirts.  I found a picture on line to use as the base.  I edited that image to a sketch at picnik.com, then printed it out.  I drew the T Rex part in and then laid the freezer paper over and traced it.  Iron and Paint like normal.  But it wasn't quite right, so I took it to my machine and sewed around the Dino to define it a bit better.  The shirt color is right in the larger picture.  I just liked the color in the closer image Grin
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011 02:33:41 PM by suereal » THIS ROCKS   Logged
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011 02:45:43 PM »

YAY!  Freezer paper is so fun!  I've been playing around with it lately, as well.  I love that T-Rex one!  Its amazing that you can use your sewing machine to go around it like that.  I would never be able to do something like that.  Me and my sewing machine don't get along much.  There is much swearing and struggling.

Beautiful job on all the free-handing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

Currently Crafting: Baby Bean 2.0 due June 2016!
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011 03:30:37 PM »

Thanks jillybeans.  The sewing technique is free motion quilt/embroidery.  You have to be able to drop your feed dogs, and it works best if you have a darning or freemotion foot.  You also need to be able to set the foot at the notch just above where it would be touching the machine.  I hardly ever use my machine with the feed dogs up anymore, even for strait stitching.  Some machines that I have worked with make me want to do it all by hand, so I know what you mean Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nmcakemom07

All this acting normal is EXHAUSTING!!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011 12:07:39 PM »

Both of my guys love their shirts.  They are the first ones on after the laundry is done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Given a cape, tiara and a strong cup of coffee, yeah, I could rule the world.

my pinterest: http://pinterest.com/nmcakemom07/
suereal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011 03:31:30 PM »

Oh YEAH!  Nothing better then making something some one wants to stink up first thing Grin  That makes me uber happy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Cake Stands
February 3, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: 3-D Heart Card

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...