A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,213
Currently Running With Scissors:
420 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Boycott the Craft Store Destash Swap (SignUp Closed SendOuts 8/8)  (Read 10122 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hautedogclothing
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2011 12:17:22 PM »

HEY ALL!

I have a potential swapper who would like to know if anyone would be interested in what she has before she signs up....heres what she wrote in her own words...

"I want to get rid of is mostly yarn yarn and more yarn, plus perhaps a few other odds and ends, including some knitting/crochet supplies and magazines, etc...."

What kind of yarn?

I think I'm going to go for this one myself. I have tons of fabric- all kinds, a bunch of rubber stamps, TONS of beads and some findings, leather scraps, some plus-size patterns, embroidery floss, some yarn, and um, probably a lot of other stuff I haven't thought of.  Grin eta: Also, ribbon, trim, art pastels.

i will find out about the yarn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.wists.com/hautedogclothing
www.etsy.com/shop/sexybeastaccessories
"Like" my shop on FB please! http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Sexy-Beast-Accessories/210550278988695
r0ck0n
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2011 03:02:06 PM »

HEY ALL!

I have a potential swapper who would like to know if anyone would be interested in what she has before she signs up....heres what she wrote in her own words...

"I want to get rid of is mostly yarn yarn and more yarn, plus perhaps a few other odds and ends, including some knitting/crochet supplies and magazines, etc...."

What kind of yarn?

I think I'm going to go for this one myself. I have tons of fabric- all kinds, a bunch of rubber stamps, TONS of beads and some findings, leather scraps, some plus-size patterns, embroidery floss, some yarn, and um, probably a lot of other stuff I haven't thought of.  Grin eta: Also, ribbon, trim, art pastels.

i will find out about the yarn!

hi all! yeah, that was me asking about the yarn...I just wanted to scope it out before signing up, cuz if no one was really interested in getting yarn, i wouldn't want to end up having to send stuff to someone who didn't really want it, yknow? I have some other odds and ends i guess i can send besides yarn, buttt...it's mostly the yarn that i'm really trying to get rid of! taking up valuable closet space and such!!!

ANYWAY, as far as type of yarn...all types? lol like i know. most seem to be acrylic. nice soft yarns. nothing cheap or scratchy! several varieties of them I also have 2-4 whole skeins of, so it wouldn't be like I would only send half a skein and its not enough to finish a project with! Also have some fun novelty yarns, but many of those are remnants. many are nice pretty jewel tones. a few variegated, also at least one super fluffy white mohair that i wish i knew what to do with....

so yeah, if there are any yarn enthusiasts out there I'd love to join a swap and send these to a happy home, but if not, i can always figure out something else to do with them! have already considered putting them on craigslist at least once  Roll Eyes thanks guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2011 03:53:58 PM »

Ooh... I'd like small yarn remnants. Smiley I use them for embellishing, bookbinding, odds and ends, not crocheting or knitting, so I'd be game for partial balls of fun novelty yarns.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the end, only kindness matters.
princessacademy
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2011 05:01:11 PM »

Ok...I wasn't going to join...but I just have to!!

Gonna fill out my questionaire and go through some stuff, but I know off hand I have yarn (some of it tiny amounts), fabric (fabric..fabric..fabric...) patterns (x1000), random ribbon, doodads (you know rickrack, snaps, velcro, various other bits and bobs)

and I also have a love of ( ) ...obviously!!

What I really use and need to whittle down to is yarn and spray paint...lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

scarlet_nights
You laugh because Im different, I laugh because your all the same.

Eh what, no Im a f@$&ing squirel

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2011 06:43:15 PM »

Oh princessacademy sends fantastic supply boxes. I got one from her and thought it was a bottomless box of fabric!

I know its odd but Im really hoping for some sheets. My favorite shirts are made from vintage bed sheets. I love using them for clothes, they are pre shurnk and usually so soft from tons of washings and such. My favorite shirt right now is one I made from a sheet from the 70's. Ive depleated the few random sheets Ive gotten from family so Im really hoping my partners have a closet full of old sheets they never use  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty gurll
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2011 11:49:16 PM »

Sent in my questionaire!  Ready to destash!   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweetyetevil
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2011 08:14:35 AM »

Okay I sent my questionaire in and here are the things I have to offer in case any of you are interested and must have them  Grin
Scrapbook paper and stickers. A sickening amount of paper...I am attracted to the patterns and colors and bought everything I liked and would never use lol
buttons- I am not sure what the fascination is with buttons....
charms and other findings
beads
ribbon(all kinds)/fibers(the feathery foo foo stuff)-I rarely use it and have more than any one person should have.
craft books
rubber stamps (mounted and unmounted). I am sure I have something for everyone!
ink pads, I bought a huge lot of these and they are still sealed. I am not really stamping anymore...
whimsies/doodads
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GoldenSunshine
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2011 08:20:37 AM »

Okay I sent my questionaire in and here are the things I have to offer in case any of you are interested and must have them  Grin
Scrapbook paper and stickers. A sickening amount of paper...I am attracted to the patterns and colors and bought everything I liked and would never use lol
buttons- I am not sure what the fascination is with buttons....
charms and other findings
beads
ribbon(all kinds)/fibers(the feathery foo foo stuff)-I rarely use it and have more than any one person should have.
craft books
rubber stamps (mounted and unmounted). I am sure I have something for everyone!
ink pads, I bought a huge lot of these and they are still sealed. I am not really stamping anymore...
whimsies/doodads

whimsies! i always want a jar full of them! And doodads- what is that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I looking for fabrics! Willing to do a fabric exchange or some kind of swap.

I am up for private swap for Teesha Moore patches!! PM me if  you are interested! :-D
GoldenSunshine
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2011 08:24:58 AM »

I sent my info a couple days ago, but haven't posted what I have here!

Most of the photos on bead supplies are on my photo sharing. I have a loom kit, 5 different books, tons of left over beads from previous projects (filled almost to a 1 gal bag, I think), I have some random ending pieces, and other things to use for beading. I also have a boat load of hemp strings. I have sea shells that could be used. Just hit me up and I am willing to take a photo to show you.
I have yarn, the basic cotton ones that u find for 3 bucks. And some random yarn that hasn't been used- such as different kind of yarns-
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I looking for fabrics! Willing to do a fabric exchange or some kind of swap.

I am up for private swap for Teesha Moore patches!! PM me if  you are interested! :-D
hautedogclothing
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2011 08:46:37 AM »

ONLY 7 SPOTS LEFT!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.wists.com/hautedogclothing
www.etsy.com/shop/sexybeastaccessories
"Like" my shop on FB please! http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Sexy-Beast-Accessories/210550278988695
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What do I need to make digital prints at home?
How can I share digital pictures with friends and family?
How do I get digital pictures onto my computer?
Should I use red eye reduction?
What quality settings should I set my camera to?
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Buffalo Spaghetti Squash
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...