A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,505
Currently Running With Scissors:
407 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: August 2011 Birthday Swap  (Read 5781 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011 10:47:53 PM »

Hi, I'm Mary Ann and I'm turning the big 30 on the 9th! Or, "29 again" as my mom is claiming, since having a daughter this old is somehow freaking her out big time. I live in Portland OR, and like to sew, quilt, crochet, make everything bath and body and dabble in a couple other things. I would love anything off my list or a Pinterest surprise! No clothing or jewelry please, I'm picky on clothing and have contact dermatitis so I can't wear jewelry, no matter what it's made out of. I love turquoise, silver, all shades of blue, all shades of green except for forest green. I like pinks and purples too!  I love gerber daisies (my bf just got me some pretty ones for an early bday!)

Crafted Items

--A Hoopla! (is that the singular form? I mean you can send me plural if you want Wink Some themes that would be cool are any quotes or characters from any interests found in my profile, quick recap on faves: Clueless, Office Space, How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, Friends, Buffy, Zelda, Mario, the short story "The Yellow Wallpaper" by Charlotte Perkins Gilman. I also love dress forms and have several mini quilts in dress form theme, so would love to continue that collection

--Something bookish and crafty. I've got a BA in English Lit and Writing, so anything classic inspired or referencing books/words/writing is cool. No bookmarks please because I am a naughty lady and just dog ear the corners (and have a new birthday Kindle). Old books turned into something new is cool, like these shelves or just book themed like this pillow

--Hair clips of the "alligator clip" style. I love flowers. I don't need matching pairs since I only wear one at a time. I have dark hair so I love bright colors and light colors, black gets lost up in there Smiley This is just one style I think is lovely.

--A purse if someone is up for it! I like a decent sized strap so I can at least put it over my shoulder and some kind of closure so I don't lose all my stuff! I'm going to add some more fabric to my Pinterest to give an idea of what I like.

--Any wall art, painted, mixed media, photography, whatever. I do love the types that have a page from a book as the background and some kind of figure in front of it.
http://pinterest.com/pin/26489283/

--(new) Handmade journal(s). I love the kind that have random fun pages sprinkled throughout!

--Favorite Bands Surprise!  Thanks Aidenromantic!

--A pinterest surprise! It doesn't have to be off the "Crafted items you can make for me" board, my "Decorative" board and even the "Crafty things I want to Make" boards have cool stuff that I just might not get around to making. Wink Just no clothing or jewelry please, even if I have it pinned!  Kiss

http://pinterest.com/soapsbymaremare/

Craft Supplies

--Any of these craft books, especially the foundation piecing book, or any book on foundation piecing or paper piecing.

--Any soap molds you think I might like, fun ice cube trays make great embeds or bath truffles. Candy molds are cool too.

--Fabric! I love fabric, especially quilting cottons. Strangely enough I never seem to have enough solids but I love fun prints. I can always use polka dots and stripes as mixers and love modern florals, but not old timey ones. There's some examples of what I like on here:
http://pinterest.com/soapsbymaremare/craft-supplies/

Extras

--I've never kicked chocolate out of bed, especially if it's Lindt or Cadbury or contains nuts. Yum!
--Any books you've read and would like to pass along, I love horror, sci-fi, fantasy, supernatural stuff!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011 08:42:14 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
ChameleonHound
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Odds 'n ends are my specialty.

Beware the Platypirates and their tri-corner hats.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011 11:20:33 AM »

Hello there! My name is Robin, and I will be 22 on August 24th. I live in my home state of Vermont for the moment, with my folks and my bassett hound Ali.  I've been crafting while figuring out what I'm going to do with the rest of my life, and have accomplished much more on the crafting. I'm in Vermont for the moment, but I went to school in (and absolutely love) Maine. In the past year I've wandered all over the US (26/50 states) with my little car Felix, but I just can't wait to get back to the ocean. I love all critters big and small, and am looking for a job with them (I just got back from working at a bird sanctuary with raptors, for instance).
My profile has a pretty good summation of who I am otherwise Smiley
I love bright colors, and my favorite is yellow. I like cats, but I am definitely a dog person. I'm not crazy about pink or neons, and I tend to avoid floral prints or anything country kitsch. I'm not very girly or frilly.  I don't mind gore or dark themes, but I'm not a fan of burlesque type stuff or punky emo style. And I don't have any allergies whatsoever.

Wishlist:
Anything to do with Gandalf Murphy and the Slambovian Circus of Dreams, if you  know who they are.
Small- Medium Messenger Bag - one with a nice wide strap would be lovely.
PJ shorts size 8
A Needle Book
Something to add to my pirate garb - I have an excellent shirt, vest, boots, and hat.
A squid/octopus stuffie
A Dr. Who ami/stuffie
If you have the talent to make a hat like this, I am forever envious.
Any kind of hoopla from something on my profile, or a critter of your choice.
A stenciled shirt from something on my profile (I'm a women's medium, usually)
A "monster is eating my head" type hat
Something to help me learn to crochet and make amiguri.
A felting kit - something to get me started
A laptop sleeve that fits my 13" by 9.5" laptop.
A wisty surprise (Thanks h-chan!)

Craft Supplies:
Fabric with fun prints - I'm just starting my collection, and love scraps.
Puppet materials: styrofoam shapes, scrap thin cotton rope, bits of fuzzy or furry fabric or other material. I LOVE recycled/reused scraps for my critters
Resin Kit
An old big hardcover I can tear apart
US roadmap - either a big poster or fabric version that I can attach markers and route lines to mark my travels, and then roll up to take with me when I go again. Thanks h-chan!

Extras:
I looove chocolate
I also love nifty natural things - if you find a cool rock, seashell, or bit of bark or something cool from where you live, I'd love it.
I'm also working on my ATC collection

Ask me if you have any questions!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011 08:24:57 PM by ChameleonHound » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever happened to the ongoing hoopla swaps?
gogosummer
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2011 11:53:02 AM »

Hello!  My name is Summer, and this month I turned 24.  I am an English teacher who is currently living and working in Korea.  I teach middle school, the most magical of all ages (groan).  I'm originally from the US.

I really like to cook and make things.  I also like watching movies.  My favorite movies are horror movies, especially occult/religious horror movies (think Poltergeist, Stigmata, The Omen, The Exorcist, etc.).  Arts/Crafts that I do include painting, photography, sewing (very poorly), embroidery (also very poorly), bookmaking, and jewelry making.  My favorite colors are green, purple, black and navy blue.  I also really love reading and writing, and I majored in English in college.  My favorite authors include Haruki Murakami, Ernest Hemingway, Jane Austen, Ayn Rand, William Faulkner and Robin McKinley.  My favorite books include the Harry Potter series (I like Slytherin and Snape) and the Hunger Games trilogy.  I love young adult novels.  I would describe my "style aesthetic" as a combination of old timey country, punk rock, goth, androgynous, etc.  If you look in my sig you'll find my photography blog, regular blog, and my pinterest -- maybe that can explain it, ha ha.

Crafts
* I love messenger bags, side saddle bags, any type of shoulder bags really
* I also like handmade books and journals
* Anything photography related would be cool
* Also anything Slytherin/Harry Potter themed.  You can never have enough Harry Potter crafts!
* I like jewelry, but I am allergic to non-precious metals.  Just a clasp or something is fine, but I can't wear any jewelry made with lots of chain that will touch my skin.  I love love love bracelets.  I LOVE woven friendship bracelets!
* Anything typewriter or steampunk themed is cool too.
* I like wrist cuffs, particularly leather wrist cuffs.
* I would really like some small zippered pouches which I could use for makeup and stuff
* A tiny hoop embroidery would be neat!
* Arm warmers or fingerless gloves in a solid color (like navy or royal purple). 
* STRONG magnets for my fridge

Supplies
* Those really small embroidery hoops
* Embroidery thread
* Sharpies, particular fine point sharpies but I love them all
* Metal charms
* Metal studs and spikes (like at this site)
* Pretty papers for bookmaking

Extras
* Nail polish.  Particularly in funky colors.
* Anything weird involving anthropomorphic food.  You know, cupcakes with faces and stuff like that.
* Any cool books you have lying around, particularly if they are young adult fiction Wink
* Black tea
* Any snack that is regional or a specialty of your area Wink

Thanks if you claim me Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MadHatteh
Don't touch that

Or that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2011 01:56:50 PM »

MadHattehAbout me:

I am Pvt Morgan Webber and I serve in your United States Army Reserves. During my civilian time I work on the ground level of the mine, operating the scale for all the trucks to get weighed in and out for twelve hours a day. This job is one of those rare ones you only hear about but aren't sure if it's real, I really do in fact sit in a modified shed/clubhouse for 12 hours a day and have nothing better to do than my favorite things, craft and watch DVDs, for 12 hours a day. I spent from about the time I got there today (0530 until about 1030, even had it shipped out today and claimed her yesterday. This is something I am proud of <3.)
Since I have literally 12 hours to work on swaps I feel as thought it won't take hardly any time to make you a birthday box and have it shipped the same day. Some back ground information I feel you should know about me is that I am 40% deaf and I have TBI ( traumatic brain injury) so my spelling and grammar may be a little off but I do try my best at it Lips sealed It also effects my memory, short and long term so its more of what memory but again, I do my best which works out for you guys cause I get right on it so I don't forget. ALSO, I am 40% deaf and I turned 20 on August 9Th. I am just a bundle of winning, eh? It's okay to make jokes about it, I try to or else what would I have? Misery? lolol no way hoe-se. As you can see my life is pretty much in the shittier for someone of my age and sending mail helps me feel better, The whole crafting process then sending it out blah blah blah them getting it and opening it and OMG THIS IS SO NEAT. Its better than anti depressants.

This this was my first swap TroubleT recommended I would be more successful with it if I spent some time working on my wish list some more so more people would relate to the crafts involved and such....so after I mailed out the poke'package I went to town scribbling in my notebook. Literally, my hand writing looks like chicken scribbles. I am surprised I can decipher them.
[/size]

This is my huge wist/etsy/I want it so bad I could pee myself craft that I know I will never be able to sew on my own so if you know someone who would do a personal swap with me please send them my way.
More than absolutely anything I want need a wolf set of pajamas like Max had in Where the Wild Things Are. I understand I can buy them offline but I don't have 150 dollars lying around waiting to be spent on Max's pajamas...if I did I would have bought them a long time ago. I can offer my skills for theirs/yours

Crafts I would love to get in the mail
-I would love a fleece hat like the one attached to Max's pajamas, with a little crown, the wolf ears the works
-A handmade pillow out of Scooby Doo, or Harry Potter fabric, maybe even Pokemon fabric if you can find it, something smaller than a standard pillow, I would mostly be using it to cuddle up with and take it to drill with me, they are still laughing at my Pikachu pillow pal I insist on bringing everywhere, even to the range.
-Handmade notebooks, I always need something to write things down on since I can't remember things very well and have to write them to ensure that I do, in one of of few fashions:
      One that looks like the Half Blooded Princes textbook or maybe one that has the elder wand symbol on it?I can't remember if that's what it is in fact called. The triangle locked inside the circle with the line through the very center.
-I LOVE cute crocheted things, I would carry them all over the place with me and take pictures of them in places I went. and if you can't tell I have an obsession for lack of better words with Where the Wild Things Are., Max and Carol<3 if those aren't possible I also like animals, owls, dalmatians, pikachus huskies, dragons, unicorns, wolves, lions, come on we are Leos, we all like lions. <3
-Slytherin is my favorite house so I would adore anything Slytherin be (be it a pillow, small zippered pouch, a charm for a hemp necklace)
-A Marauder's Map, I doodle my own on notebook paper but its just not the same thing
-Something, not 100% on the medium one would use, maybe polymer clay and I'd like it to clearly be etched and say 'Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt' instead of a skull or something beside it, an empty bird cage
-I've always wanted a wand and not a twig I picked up from my back yard...
-I like rucksack style backbacks, the canvas ones are alright, but I like fun fabric more, honestly. Id prefer it to have a pouch or two on the outside so I can put my phone or keys in it and know where they are at
-Bracelets, I love to wear them nothing really specific about likes on them, more of I know I don't like big chunky things of ones with things that dangle off because I will get it caught on something
-A Slytherin house colored scarf, I prefer the style from the first books personally
-Zippered pouches in fun fabrics so I can organize my rucksack with not just a pile of crap but a pile of zippered pouches!
-Soap, you know how they say when you lose one sense another becomes stronger? Strong smells bother me something bad, I love the smell of milk and honey and the beach/ocean the most, anything that's not too overpowering though

Craft Items I would like to have more of
-PILLOWCASES, I would love your pillowcases from when you were younger with cartoon characters on them, power rangers, toy story, Nickelodeon, harry potter, Pokemon, lion king, 101 dalmatians you name it I would love it so I could make it into a skirt
-Cute fabric, even if its scraps I will find some form of use for it
-I can't knit or crochet but I would love to learn and have wanted to learn for years, but with my TBI it's hard for me to learn new things so if you had any children's books, or books geared to younger children, the younger the better probably on LEARNING TO KNIT FOR NITWITS or the same kind of crocheting I'd love them and maybe learn something
-Medium thickness hemp
-Glass beads with larger holes
-Metal charms I can put on hemp necklaces
-Polished stones
-Strips of elastic, preferably wide ones for the pillow case skirts I like to make
-Buttons! Large, colorful,  buttons

Things that I Like
My favorite color is gray followed by yellow and purple (unless its something Slytherin themed :] ), If you couldn't tell my favorite book series is Harry Potter. Some other authors I enjoy but are not limited to...Chuck Klosterman, Jason Meyers, Kurt Vonnegut, Chuck Palahinuk, and Augusten Burroughs. I like the Cheshire Cat a lot, enough to get his a not-so-disney version tattooed on my dearer, the Lost Boys from Peter Pan, of course Max from Where the Wild Things Are. I have an obsession with that movie, I really do, and Tyler Durden from Fight Club

Things I dislike
The color orange, fabric that is so amazingly busy it makes your head flop and your stomach migraine. Skulls, peace signs, sparrows, revolvers, pretty much anything you can find trademarked on half the items in Hot Topic I am not a fan of. Itchy fabric, strong smells, smoke though does NOT bother me so, if you come from a smoking home it will not offend my nostrils.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011 06:30:11 PM by MadHatteh - Reason: It was recommanded I provide more detail on what I wanted....so I was highly specific. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Panoramas in Photoshop
How to Create Audio In After Effects
How to Straighten Crooked Photos in Photoshop
How to Remove Tattoos in Photoshop
How to Create a Simple Levitation in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...