A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
576 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Would You Like S'more Cupcake?  (Read 666 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

karwash
« on: July 04, 2011 11:30:04 PM »

My friends asked me to make cupcakes like they normally do. Only difference is that this time I remembered to take pictures! And being the summer and the 4th of July I decided to make S'more cupcakes. I do have to say though that I do not like s'more cupcakes with a chocolate cake base. Lots of people do, but I am not one of those people. So these little guys have a graham cracker cake base with melted chocolate on top and a marshmallow buttercream frosting. Then I put chunks of chocolate and little marshmallows on the frosting. They ended up tasting really good but I was a little disappointed that my apartment was too warm so my frosting wasn't doing what I wanted and looked deflated. Oh well, as long as they taste good, right?  Smiley

graham cracker on the bottom of each cupcake

I put a square of chocolate on top when they came out of the oven so it got soft. I then spread it around and let it finish cooling.

And they are topped and ready to be eaten!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As children, we all live in a world of imagination, of fantasy, and for some of us that world of make-believe continues into adulthood.
- Jim Henson
jl409
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011 07:23:29 AM »

Yum!!! I too, have been looking for a good smore cupcake recipe without a chocolate base. I'm a little confused on the layers of the cupcake.  You used a graham cracker base but what did you use for the actual cake?  And I see you put the chocolate on top of the cupcake.  Did you put the buttercream directly on top of the chocolate?  Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Goomba
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011 09:01:24 AM »

Yum!!! I too, have been looking for a good smore cupcake recipe without a chocolate base. I'm a little confused on the layers of the cupcake.  You used a graham cracker base but what did you use for the actual cake?  And I see you put the chocolate on top of the cupcake.  Did you put the buttercream directly on top of the chocolate?  Thank you!

From the photos of the melted chocolate layer, it looks to be just a yellow cake which to me makes the most sense due to it's more dull taste.
You can add the butter cream to the chocolate layer however, I would let it rest first until the chocolate comes back together or else that would be super difficult.

also, for warm weather frosting I use this
    1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
    1/2 cup (1 stick) butter softened
    1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
    4 cups (approx. 1 lb.) confectioners' sugar sifted
    2 tablespoons milk
    2 tablespoons cornstarch
the shortening and extra corn starch will help stabilize everything (due to shortening having a higher melting point) it is also recommend to use Cream Of Tarter but the amounts allude me at this time.

anyhow, great job on these.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.
karwash
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011 10:37:52 PM »

Hey jl409 just to answer your questions, I first put a layer of graham crackers with a little butter on the bottom of each cupcake. The cake itself also has graham cracker in that too.

1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs, about 2-3 whole grahams
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
350 for about 20 minutes

For on top of the cake, I put a piece of chocolate on right away until it got soft and spread it around. I then let them cool completely before adding the marshmallow buttercream.
The cupcakes are not ones with picture perfect domes but the taste is there.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As children, we all live in a world of imagination, of fantasy, and for some of us that world of make-believe continues into adulthood.
- Jim Henson
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
John Irving on Abortion and Gay Rights in His Novels
Steven Ujifusa on His Book A Man and His Ship
Garret Kramer Talks About Stillpower
Sherry Jones on Her Novel Four Sisters, All Queens
Beach House Memories Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...