A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 300,938
Currently Running With Scissors:
682 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: faux pulido!!! a very (dead) potter embroidery...(plus cricut friendly pattern?)  (Read 8484 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

erica_tattoos
« on: July 03, 2011 10:34:41 PM »

so when i angeled for miss cassettetape in the dia de los muertos swap, i came up with this lil goodie. first of all, she's a huge fan of harry potter; even had a potter themed wedding! and i have wanted for a long time to embroider one of jose pulido's drawings... wouldn't it be cool, i thought, if pulido had actually done some potter-themed designs?!?!? a quick search left me empty-handed.  Sad so i decided that i would do a pulido-impersonation!!!! here's what i came up with!!!

close-up

with the hoodie and tshirt i had a friend print (teamwork!) for cassettetape and her husband:

and finally, the pattern, by special request of ms PirateColey! if anyone uses it, i'd love to see pics!  Cheesy

inspired by this guy! http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8H6lsifcsxI/TOoKjpi2hjI/AAAAAAAAAYY/_uAa_x51Wg8/s1600/Star-Wars-Mexican-Traditional-Art-6-1024x1024.jpg

*on request* a slightly more cricut-friendly version???  Wink

« Last Edit: July 06, 2011 07:54:02 PM by erica_tattoos » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Antidigger
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011 11:19:25 PM »

Wow, I am in awe at your design skills. How very unusual and what a stunning design.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
PirateColey
Pirate Owl Ship Captian!

Craft hound.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011 08:48:52 AM »

Thanks, Erica!! I'm almost done with my version (I stole the pattern off the swap gallery)... I'll post it when I'm done. Smiley  And thanks again for sharing. You did a great job combining several of my favorite things. <3 <3 <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cookimistress

I live in my head too much

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011 06:31:54 PM »

I am so freaking in love with this! I WAS going to get a tattoo of a self-sewing needle sewing a lightning bolt on my ankle next week - but I LOVE this SO much that I'd rather get this! Would that be ok???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

erica_tattoos
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011 07:03:33 PM »

I am so freaking in love with this! I WAS going to get a tattoo of a self-sewing needle sewing a lightning bolt on my ankle next week - but I LOVE this SO much that I'd rather get this! Would that be ok???

that would be awesome! just make sure you get an AWESOME artist to do it or i'll come for you in your sleep!!!! hahaha!!!!  Grin i wanna see pictures!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nostephot
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011 06:26:36 AM »

I used the image..... was able to convert it and cut it in my cricut .... it is not as detailed as the original because in the cutting I lost a lot of smaller pieces... but I am still in love with it!  I made it for a friend who I am visiting in a week.... but I am not sure that I can give it away.... so I am going to make a few more......  here is the pic

THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!!!!  You made some HP geeks VERY HAPPY!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/nostephot/

My Old Wist http://www.wists.com/nostephot

I am open to personal swaps!  I would love to do one for Halloween!
erica_tattoos
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011 06:50:51 AM »

I used the image..... was able to convert it and cut it in my cricut .... it is not as detailed as the original because in the cutting I lost a lot of smaller pieces... but I am still in love with it!  I made it for a friend who I am visiting in a week.... but I am not sure that I can give it away.... so I am going to make a few more......  here is the pic
THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!!!!  You made some HP geeks VERY HAPPY!!

it's sweet tho! when i first glanced at it, i thought it was a lino cut print! gives it a cool look! you know, you might try retracing the pattern so that the robes aren't filled in.... might help u keep some of the detail! =) what do you do to an image to convert it for a cricut? maybe i could help make it more cricut-friendly... (my mom just bought a cricut for her store - i have a feeling i'm gonna need to know some of this stuff! Wink )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nostephot
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011 07:20:48 AM »

there is a program called Make The Cut and that is what I use because you can upload a jpeg image and it will cut it.  that is the only program that does it easily..... there are SO many small pieces that it is a little hard to cut and so I have to repiece them when I iron on the freezer paper..... I am cutting another now because I KNOW I have to make one for each of the friends I am going to visit.... basically it needs to be slighly simpler image with larger cuts for it to be cricut friendly..... not sure if it is possible
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/nostephot/

My Old Wist http://www.wists.com/nostephot

I am open to personal swaps!  I would love to do one for Halloween!
erica_tattoos
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011 08:33:23 AM »

well, maybe wait til this evening if you can to cut more, i'll see what i can do!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cheerupem0kidx0x
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011 11:53:30 AM »

That is so cool!! I was planning on painting a sugar skull design onto my end table already, and as I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan I think I will use this idea!! Thanks so much for sharing, Ill post pics whenever I get it done Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon SD770 IS: Set for Macro/Close-up Scene
Canon SD770 IS: Set for Landscape Scene
Canon SD770 IS: Set for Kids/Pets Scene
Canon SD770 IS: Set for Fireworks Scene
Canon SD770 IS: Set for Dusk/Dawn Scene
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...