A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 300,947
Currently Running With Scissors:
410 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: July Birthday Swap (Sign up all month!)  (Read 6660 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« on: July 01, 2011 08:18:43 AM »

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT POSTING A LIST (WITH APPROVAL). THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR DISCUSSION; THIS THREAD IS FOR BIRTHDAY LISTS ONLY.

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO. THERE WILL BE A QUIZ. NO,REALLY!

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A PM SAYING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED. YOU WILL NOT BE APPROVED UNTIL YOU POST IN THE DISCUSSION/GALLERY...JUST LIKE IT SAYS IN THE SIGN-UP FORM.

Questions? Please post in the discussion/gallery:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=384199

Swap name: July 2011 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: kaz814
Craftster member who is coorganizing:
Sign-up date range:  July 1-31
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you make a claim

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
You must be 16 years old to swap.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:  This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

1. This swap is list style, like the Ongoing Wishlist Swap.  However, it is NOT chain style. You can choose any birthday Craftsters list that is posted, rather than only being able to pick from the last one posted like in the OWS.

2. This is a medium item swap. A medium item is defined as a craft or recon, etc that takes you two hours to complete OR $20 worth of store bought items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate what it would have cost new.) However, you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.

3. If your birthday is in swap's current month, you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the swap questionnaire filled out and wait for approval. While you're waiting, be sure to post in the discussion/gallery thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=384199

4. Once you have been approved, you July post your list of things that you would like to receive. This is the format for your lists: First post your location and a short bio of yourself, then a list of crafted items you would like, then craft supplies (if any) and lastly you can put a few extras that arent crafted, things like candy or tea. Remember, the more items on your list, the more likely you are to be chosen. The minimum of items to post is five.  Also including your wists, etsy favorites, etc. is a good way for people to get the idea of your likes and style.  If you have any allergies please type them in red in your bio section. Please see "Tips to Creating a Good List" below.

5. Please post lists only in this thread. Discussion can be done here in the combined discussion/gallery thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=384199  Please be sure to post here so that you can be part of the discussion and receive. You will not be approved until you have posted in the discussion thread.

6. Every birthday participant must make at least one claim. You July have up to two claims at a time, unless you are an FOC or a first time swapper, and then you can claim again once your items are received (not when you mail out). New swappers July only have one outstanding claim; they July claim again after their first claim is received. FOC's July have 3 outstanding claims at a time. Claims need to be made from the "crafted" and "craft supplies" sections of a person's list. The "extras" are just that--extra items you July want to throw in if you are feeling generous, but claims cannot be solely extras. Keep it crafty :-) (I'm asking that if you are sending mostly supplies, that you craft a little something for the bday babe, even if it's a handmade card.)

7. You July get claimed more than once, but your minimum amount to claim is one.  It is possible you July not get claimed at all. In this case you will not be provided a swap angel; angels are only if you get flaked on. However I do my best to make sure everyone gets claimed by keeping track of how many times each person is claimed. If possible try to pick someone who has been claimed 0 times versus someone who has been claimed 3 times.

8. If it is not your birthday but you would like to send a birthday present out you July do so.  Fill out the non-birthday swapper questionnaire and send it to me for approval.  Birthday swappers who receive a present from a non-birthday swapper must send a snail mail thank you card.  You will not receive feedback until I hear from the other swapper that they have received a thank you card.

9. When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM both the organizer AND the chosen Craftster.  At that time, please request the address from the receiver for where to send it.  After that, you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.

10. It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#.  It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  If you do not send the appropriate pms you will receive poor communication feedback.

11. When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen. (It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.)

12. If you are sending late you must PM me and  by your send-out date.  If your send-out date comes and goes and you dont PM me, you will receive poor communication feedback.  It should not be my job to hunt you down and find out what is going on.

13. *New Rule* If you are flaked on in this swap you will receive an angel, but only in the amount of packages to which you also sent out. For instance, if you send out 2 packages, and are claimed for 3 packages but are flaked on once, you will not receive an angel because you already received 2 packages, which is equal to what you sent. If you send 1 package and are claimed for 1 package and you are flaked on, you will receive 1 angel.

Please make sure to put July Birthday Swap or something equivalent in the subject line on all communications. The most important thing to me is communication. Please PM me (kaz814) when you send and receive, and please reply to my PM's to you in a timely manner.  

If you format your PMs like this:  
Format for PMs:

Proper label:
"July Bday Swap" and either "Sign-up," "Claim," "Sent," "Received," or "Question"

When sending sent and received pm's include the send-by date, listed in the second post of the main thread, your user name, their user name and the item. Just copy and past the info from the second post if you want!:

Send by July 14
kaz814 to Troublet -- pretty purse

Outstanding claims allowed:
FOCs: 3 at a time
First time swappers: 1 at a time
Everyone else: 2 at a time

Become an FOC~
http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

TIPS TO CREATING A GOOD LIST
It seems that every month there is someone whose list languishes for a while. I want everyone to get picked so here are some tips for a well-round list:

--Make sure your items are actually mediums and smalls. Quilts are not mediums. Large painted portraits are not mediums. Hand knit sweaters are not mediums. This isnt to say that you cant have any large items on your list (some generous soul July have the time and the inclination to choose one of those!), but the majority of the list should be smaller items
--Listing A surprise plus a well filled out Craftster profile and a link to your wists (with a decent amount of items on it) is always helpful in getting chosen
--Make sure to post a variety of crafting techniques. If you list appliqud t-shirts in five various themes and count that as your required five items, that is more like one item for someone to choose, not five. Having various crafting methods (sewn, knit, crocheted, paper crafted, jewelry, etc.) is going to make it easier for people to choose you.
--Check out other lists in past Bday swaps and the Ongoing Wishlist Swap for ideas for things you never knew you wanted!

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR BIRTHDAY LIST:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER (BIRTHDAY SWAPPERS):

Name of swap: July 2011 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name & Address (formatted for mailing):
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
(If not then you will not be approved.)
Are you at least 16 years old?  Yes/No
Who and what do you claim for crafting? If you do not know yet/it's the beginning of the swap, you have 1 week after being approved to claim someone:
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt.  Yes/No
Have you posted in the discussion thread already? If you say yes and haven't I will not approve you. If you say no I will not approve you. Discussion thread found here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=384199
  Yes/No
Quiz: What do you have to do if someone who is a non-bday swapper sends you a gift?
Quiz 2: How long do you have to send out after making your claim?

If it is NOT your birthday and you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:

Name of swap- July 2011 Birthday Swap (Non-Bday Craftster)
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address, including country and properly formatted for shipping:
Chosen craftster and item (if you know):
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt. Yes/No
I understand that I will be getting a thank you card and not a package for this swap.  Yes/No

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZERS VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Please make sure to post in the combined Gallery/Discussion Thread to keep up with updates:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=384199

Links to Previous Birthday Swap Rounds
May Birthday Swap Discussion and Gallery
May Birthday List
April Swap Discussion and Gallery
April Birthday List
March Swap Discussion and Gallery
March Birthday List
February Swap Discussion and Gallery
February Birthday List
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011 06:48:26 AM by kaz814 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011 08:19:39 AM »

Bday Swappers
(Claims Made/Claims Sent/Claims Arrived at Destination)

audio (FOC) - July 8 - 1/1/1 - 2 gifts coming
badpuppy - July 28 - 1/1/1 - 2 gifts coming
Biochic - July 31 - 1/1/1 - 2 gifts coming
bobbiemay - July 28  FOC - 1/1/1 - 1 gift coming
Burgz (FOC) - July 30 - 2/2/2 - 1 gift coming
calluna (FOC) - July 4 - 4/4/4  - 3 gifts coming
cunning_bunny -  July 26 - 1/0/0  - 1 gift coming[/s]
fishstix43 (FOC) - July 19 - 1/1/1 - 2 gifts coming
leeska - July 20 - 2/2/2 - 1 gift coming

meganlorraine - (FOC) July 11 - 2/2/1 - 3 gifts coming
mom2em (FOC) - July 27 - 1/1/1 - 2 gifts coming
MommyTheMaid (FOC) - July 21 - 2/1/1 - 2 gifts coming
nialew - July 28th - 1/1/1 - 1 gift coming
rosyposie - July 23 - 1/1/1 - 1 gift coming

Non-Bday Swappers

dawn0684 - (FOC) 1/1/1
jnny_heck - 1/1/1
kaz814 - (FOC) 1/1/1

Claims

Sent
Received
Late w/ Comm
Contact Organizer ASAP
Feedback

Send by July 18th
MommytheMaid to audio for purple inchies and Army of Darkness hoop.
mom2em to calluna for unpaper towels.
calluna to Burgz for handspun yarn.
fishstix43 to MommytheMaid for books off her Pinterest and supplies.

Send by July 20th
leeska to fishstix43 for chemistry-themed kitchen towels.
jnny_heck to meganlorraine for embroidery hoop and handmade journal
badpuppy to mom2em for fabric bins.

Send by July 21st
Burgz to leeska for a wisty surprise.
Burgz to badpuppy for a lacy crochet item.
audio to calluna for some paper crafts, maybe a couple teesha moore squares, wist/pinterest suprise.

Send by July 23rd
Biochic to badpuppy for a dog bed.

Send by July 25th
rosyposie to Biochic for a science-y surprise!
calluna to rosyposie for a perpetual calendar.
meganlorraine to cunning_bunny for a travel embroidery case.

Send by July 27th
calluna to Biochic for home decor and embroidery floss.

Send by July 29th
cunning_bunny to fishstix43 for a Serenity t-shirt and supplies.

Send by July 30th
bobbiemay to mom2em for reusable bowl covers.

Send by Aug. 1st
dawn0684 to meganlorraine for fabric bowls.

Send by Aug. 3rd
meganlorraine to bobbiemay for a travel embroidery kit.
MommytheMaid to calluna for a mug rug and Teesha Moore squares.

Send by Aug. 4th
calluna to audio for purple inchies and some ephemera.

Send by Aug. 8th
leeska to MommytheMaid for hoopy goodness.

Send by Aug. 10th
nialew to meganlorraine for metal zippers/supplies.

Send by Aug. 13th
kaz814 to nialew for supplies.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011 06:31:20 PM by kaz814 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011 04:54:40 PM »

Hi!  I’m Alicia!  I’ll be 23 on July 19th and I’m currently working on a Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry at the University of Wisconsin.  I live with my WoW head boyfriend and his crazy cat Jezebel.

Likes:  lots of color! (especially blues and greens), argyle, anything food or cooking related, sciencey things (chemistry especially of course), using old, unloved things to make new, useful ones, wolves, video games (Luigi is my favorite!), BOOKS (fantasy FTW), faeries, Ireland, and RPG’s (World of Darkness specifically)

Dislikes:  Super pink and cutesy or death/goth things.  Also, the color orange (it’s fine in small amounts, just don’t generally like it as the main color).

No allergies here!

Crafts

Anything from my pinterest would be loved, as well as anything inspired by the things on there, or my likes, or really anything you just love to make! 

A shirt with “No power in the ‘verse can stop me” from Serenity stenciled on it.  Can be however you want to do it except for cutesy. Women’s M for a regular tshirt (“juniors” shirts are way too short on me), if it runs tight/short – then L.  (Long sleeve shirts are good too!) - Thanks cunning_bunny!

Homemade lotions/body butters- I have eczema, so anything with dry skin love would be great (please no soap though, full up on that at the moment!). 

Very simple braided wire ring, with or without a small stone/bead.  Either size 9 for a thumb ring or size 7 for a regular ring.  My favorite example is on my wist.

Cute herbal sachets- anything that smells good, but lavender is my favorite.

I would love a lunch bag in any of my themes, big enough to hold a midsize Tupperware.  Lined with oilcloth/vinyl/something washable would be especially good.

Wool socks-knitted, crocheted, made from felted sweaters, whatever!- (US women’s size 10).  I live in WI.  Warm socks are a must. Grin

Tie-dyed anything!  Clothing especially, but if you incorporate it into something else you make for me, I’m sure to love that too!

**Some sort of handmade journal/blank book.  I would be using it as a planner, so the pages could be left completely plain on the inside.

Stitch markers for crochet, but not the keyring (split ring?) type –I’d like an open fishhook type hook.  Anything in my colors or themes for the actual dangly bits!

A votive holder like this.  Nightmare Before Christmas just like this would be great, or something cool from one of my other themes.

Anything related to:  Good Eats, Back to the Future, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (specifically Spike or Willow) or the Tenth Kingdom

Craft Supplies – I totally support reusing supplies, so used is always more than okay!

Latchhook yarn in any color other than white, black, or browns.  A mixture of all of them would actually be best, so if you have leftover/unused from a latchhook kit, I would love you forever!

Regular yarn! Anything non-scratchy would be great, please no novelty yarns.  Handspun obviously would be epic! I’ve started learning to make amigurumi as well, so smaller balls would be fine too!

Fiskars 45mm rotary cutter replacement blades

Tailor’s chalk (preferably white, but any color would be good)

Clear quilter’s ruler or curved rulers

Sewing patterns of stylish women’s clothing or any fantasy-type costumes: pattern size is approximately 16-18 ( I have some specific ones in mind, but won’t list them here, just pm if you want exact ones I like!)

Books (as always, used is fine):  Sew Serendipity, The Feisty Stitcher, Amigurumi Two! or Amigurumi Toy Box, Fit for Real People, ReSew, The Sewing Bible, any books on pattern drafting

A small shelf with lots of compartments to make a whimsy display

A simple key stamp (handmade or storebought).  I am looking to make a surcoat like this

A small scrapbook (somewhere around like 8 x8”?)  with a kelly green cover.

A cut of soft grey fabric-I’m thinking jersey, but anything soft would do to serve as the base for a Nintendo controller body pillow

An 8 x 11 canvas

Fabric- plain cuts large enough to make clothing in things like wool, linen, nice cottons.  I have lots of crazy polyester prints, but I want to make some nice classic basics. 

Any sewing (not quilting) magazines you would want to get rid of, especially Threads and BurdaStyle (the one in English)

Serger thread - Basics like black and white would be nice, but if you need to destash colors I would use those too!

The Renaissance Flowers and Leaves Cloak Clasp from Twin Roses Designs

Cotton clothesline/cord to make fabric bowls with.  This stuff goes like water, so I will take absolutely as much as you want to send me!

Some little thread snipper scissors that I can hang around my neck and not have to go searching everywhere for in the middle of my project. 

Rit Dye- any color, any amount. 

Big ol’ argyle sweaters that I can recon into sweater vests for me. 

Extras

Energy/granola bars (store bought or homemade)
Any black teas or hot chocolate
Any of your favorite recipes (especially if you make delicious ethnic foods)!!

Thanks in advance to whoever makes my wish come true!!

« Last Edit: July 07, 2011 12:46:44 PM by fishstix43 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mom2em
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011 05:30:48 PM »

My name is Christine.  I live in Delaware.  I will be 33 on 7/27.  I have been married for 7 years (6/13/04).  I am a stay at home mom to 2 wonderful daughters--Emma (11/14/07) and Abigail (6/16/11).  I am a huge animal lover and have 3 dogs and 3 cats.  My favorite animals are dolphins.  Im a vegetarian and would prefer to not receive anything made from animal products.  I love reading, scrapbooking, trying my hand at other crafts, being outdoors, swimming, etc.
My favorite color is purple..  I like paisley prints.  I don't like the color yellow or neon colors.  For scents I like vanilla and tropical and food scents.  I don't like mint anything.

Crafts:
Fabric organizer bins--receiving from badpuppy, thank you!
Oven mitts (not pot holders)--country/farm animal theme kitchen
Reusable bowl covers--receiving from bobbiemay, thank you!
Diaper bag w/lots of pockets-an owl print one like on my wists would be awesome!
Natural lipbalm, bubble bath, lotion
Fabric birthday banner in girly prints (that says Happy Birthday)
Mini wallet
Nesting or stacking toy
Monogrammed bath/hand towels w/a C (white or blue)
handmade stamp w/the name Emma on it
See more ideas on wists and etsy favorites (links in signature and profile)

Supplies:
Jewelry making supplies--necklace chains, ring blanks, etc (I'm good on beads though)Scrabble tiles and bails
Button maker
Postcards/posters of famous artwork & landmarks/buildings
Kids craft kits
Shea butter, Jojoba oil
Blank playsilks to dye
Shrinky dinks
Snap pliers/press & snaps
Wet felting how to kit/supplies  
Waldorf doll making kit
Medium and large polymailers
black film canisters

Extras:
loose teas
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011 07:38:22 PM by mom2em » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Christine~
Proud SAHM to Emma (11/14/07) and Abigail (6/16/11).
http://www.etsy.com/people/mom2em/favorites?ref=pr_faves
http://pinterest.com/mom2em/
Geniale
Formerly known as Burgz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011 08:31:48 AM »

Hey all! I'm Jenn, signing in from Canada Grin Ill be 28 on July 30th! My cat and I share a tiny apartment, so I prefer practical over decorative items. My favourite colours are all shades of purple and turquoises, along with greens and coral, but I like most colours in general (though I'm not fond of yellow or neons) - I just love colour. I'm always trying new things, experimenting new crafts and recipes (I love to cook).

I adore prisms, textures, nature, light, transparency, comfort (if something's not comfortable, I won't wear/use it), quotes, organization, sweets, wood, glass, patchwork, quilted anything... I'm a pretty reserved person and don't like attracting too much attention to myself (some is okay) though I love whimsical and outlandish things in my home. For a general impression: I prefer silver over gold or bronze, matte over shiny, delicate over bold, sweet over salty, bright over dark, happy over morbid, life over death, grown-up over childish, quiet over loud, neat over messy, necklace over bracelet, soft over rough, light over heavy, cluttered over bare.

I don't care for vampire, skull, morbid, bling, retro/pin-up, cutesy, or brand/character/tv-show related items. Please, no wall art or bath/beauty products. I have no allergies but am vegetarian. I wear a womens size small.

Feel free to visit my tumblr for inspiration (surprises are welcome)!
The links are provided only as examples. Items are in no particular order. Big wishes are in bold (but I'll take anything Wink).

Crafted Items:
  • Hip-Hop Pullover Tunic
  • Quilted Purse or Messenger Bag (with a strap long enough to go across the chest)
  • Something with the Dr Seuss Quote Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.
  • Sewn Water Bottle Holder in turquoise and magenta
  • Sword Necklace
  • Cookie Stamp (if someone knows how to carve stamps, a handmade handmade cookie stamp would be awesome)
  • Smurfette Tee
  • Feather Hair Extensions
  • Decorated Recipe box, that'll fit lots of 3x5 note cards
  • Altered Hoodie
  • Ear Cuff, Threader or Multiple-Piercing Earrings (I have 2 holes)
  • Embroidered Tee (could be a different embroidery, preferably fitted)
  • Fun cat bed
  • Living Necklace
  • Handspun and/or hand-dyed Yarn Thanks calluna! More is always welcome.
  • Pattered Wool Pants
  • Etch-a-Sketch Laptop sleeve (ask me for dimensions)
  • Pebble Rug
  • Scratch pad or pole (for the cat)
  • Scrabble Cushions
  • Semi-Precious or Natural Stone Pendants/Necklace, or other Simple Necklaces (examples: Sweet Mod Lariat, Quartz Necklace with Bird)
  • Sleeveless Vest (several examples on my tumblr)
  • Vintage-Style Locket with a large compartement (or small container for carrying pills that can be attached to a keychain)
  • Suncatchers, Prisms, Crystals, and/or Mobiles
  • Yarn Holder (examples: Yarn Owl, Travel Caddy, Apron Caddy)
  • Vinyl Laptop Decals (my laptop is black)
  • Matching set of 2 Keychains and Holders (something like the Sparrow Keychain)
  • Fabric-Covered Binder NEW!
  • Tabletop Ironing Mat NEW!
  • 6 x 10 in Mousepad NEW!
  • Fabric-Covered Binder NEW!
  • A bag or water bottle carrier in the style of this Teesha Moore Pillow NEW!
  • Ruched Top NEW!

Supplies:
  • Ball Winder
  • ModPodge
  • Fabric Paints
  • Metal Paint (not spray) for this project
  • Fun-shaped Cake Moulds
  • Printable Shrink Paper
  • Any Beads or Findings for European Bead/Pandora-Style Jewellery (especially chains for bracelets)
  • Fabrics and/or Interfacing
  • Self-Healing Cutting Mat
  • Metal or wood purse frames
  • Natural Fibers(for making felted soap and needle felting)
  • Embroidery Starter Kit
  • Vintage Doilies
  • Specialty/Novelty Yarn (self-striping, wool/bamboo/cotton, feltable, sock, Noro etc.)
  • Prisms
  • Crochet Magazines, any (old or new)
  • Gorilla Tape NEW!
  • Felting Needles NEW!

Extras:
  • Anything thatll facilitate the life of a lefty
  • Smurf Figurines (for my collection)
  • Laser Pointer
  • Sweets

Kiss Thanks in advance!!! And happy birthday all Kiss
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011 09:29:48 PM by Burgz » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Each one of us has a fire in our heart for something. Its our goal in life to find it and to keep it lit. " - Mary Lou Retton
meganlorraine
-Meg

Do what you like: Like what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011 07:03:01 PM »

Hello All! I am Megan and I will be 26 on July 11. I live in Northern Virginia. I've never done this birthday swap thing, but it should be fun. I've been married for about 11 months now and my hubby and I just bought a new to us house and are enjoying the start of our life together. My craft room is a glorified closet because I can't manage to stay organized.
Likes: creativity, writing, reading, young adult fantasy, dogs, cats, cute stick figures, bold colors like teal, burgundy, burnt orange, and forest greens
Dislikes: Pastels (seafoam, lavender, etc.), creepy, gore, too much vulgarity

Crafted items
Embroidery hoops for my new hoop wall (See this board- http://pinterest.com/meganlorraine/beautiful-artwork/) (THANK YOU JENNY, keeping up because you can never have too many... )
Handmade journals (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=374372.0 , http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=375835.0 , anything colorful, hand bound, creative, and/or useful is welcome.) (THANK YOU JENNY, keeping up because you can never have too many... )
Inspiration shrine
pottery bowls (like-http://www.etsy.com/shop/sacredspiralpottery)
fabric bowls
Hoodies that have fun graphics on them (L)
Art inspired by my animals
6x6 quilt squares
Tough dog toys (she's a chewer!)
Lap Quilt
Handspun yarn
Small stuffies of- cats, yetis, dogs, pigs http://www.etsy.com/shop/alexzcreations?ref=af_you_favshop
Anything giraffe inspired (clocks, stuffies, giraffe in a jar...)
G.I. Joe inspired garden gnome
Ipod arm holster for Nano
Pintrest or wist inspired things
Pin- http://pinterest.com/meganlorraine/pins/
Wist- in signature

Supplies- Which would be much appreciated!
Double point knitting needles (anything but 8s)
ZIPPERS (metal or coil- not molded plastic or invisible please)
Thread of any color
Bias tape
Piping
Buttons
Embroidery Floss
Embroidery hoops
Quilting rulers
Fabric! (batiks, cottons, wool, chiffon, canvas, preferably at least 1/2 yard...an old suit jacket would be welcome too)
Sewing patterns- bags, size 20-24 clothing
Knitting or crochet books
Procion MX dyes
Soda ash
Walking foot for Singer Sewing machine
Vintage notions
lego earrings
Fabric scissors

Extras
Glow in the dark stars
Writing books
Any craft book...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011 06:31:45 AM by meganlorraine » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I need bottle cap earrings with pictures of my kitty. Will swap anything for them!!!!!!

Pinterest- http://pinterest.com/meganlorraine/

I love personal swaps and would love some help making quilt squares. Let me know if you're interested!
calluna
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011 07:49:32 PM »

Greetings! Im a 4th-of-July baby, but please, in the name of all things sacred, do not make me something red-white-and-blue or USA-themed... Ive had enough of that to last a lifetime!  Cheesy I'm born-n-raised Californian, and this year I turn 31! Child-free, single, unemployed, introverted, weaning myself off of antidepressants, my dog recently passed away, and Im staying with my parents in an overly toxic city as I try to find a job elsewhere. Its a weird time.  Smiley

I'm very much a mix of "earthy" and "up in the cosmos", somehow. I am left-handed, left-leaning, non-pierced (no earrings, please), with very little storage space. My style is completely eclectic, though  definitely not modern. Though I adore homemade foods, Id recommend not sending any edibles or things that can melt or spoil in hot weather; its blisteringly hot all around these parts in July. Allergies: cig smoke, mold/mildew, and cat-spray. Feel free to send me clean regiftings and hand-me-downs.

My Craftster profile has lots of info and links. On Ravelry and Pinterest Im "callunacraft". The bloody Pinterest is brand-new so I have a lot to add still. My Wists are still valid as well.

Thanks to audio for a surprise package!!

My wishlist (not in any order of preference) :

Crafted:

From yarn:
- a delicate, dark-colored (or any shade of brown) snood (http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/hair/snood.htm)
- plarn flip-flops
- THIS HAT! I love it! I have a bunch of cloches on my Wists but this style would look better with my long hair. (I'll go around begging for cloches again once I know I'm cutting off my hair Smiley)

From fabric:
- roll of reusable fabric non-paper towels Thank you, mom2em!!
- something recond from t-shirt(s) (for shirts, I need my belly covered, without rips/tears, and for it to stay on both my shoulders. There are examples of non-shirt t-shirt projects in my wists)
- a tiny garland/bunting without words
- a rag rug, any style or size, just not in white (or else it will look dirty within a few days on the floor!)
- microwavable heating pack for keeping my feet warm in bed
- a reconstructed hippy-gypsy garment, such as an apron/smock top, a longish skirt or a shirt made of doilies(I'll send measurements)
- a cute mug rug Thank you, MommyTheMaid!

From mixed media or whatever suits you:
- anything similar to what can be found in the Steampunk Charm Swap
- A tiny piece of artwork based on my late cocker spaniel; Id provide images for inspiration if someone claimed me for this
- shawl pin or sweater clasp
- throw-pillow cover (just one, and Ill buy the pillow myself), crafted in your specialty (i.e. patchwork, embroidery, needlefelted, covered with buttons, crocheted, etc)
- a very simple shrug
- a decorated wall-mountable mirror, such as the Ikea Malma type
- a calorimetry, scoodie, or button-up spats, in brown or gray
- a 4x4 "chunky page", an ATC, a few inchies, or a tip-in art journal page (any size)
- a fairy/gnome door I can leave at the base of a tree. Or other tiny signs of residency in nature, such as those created by Knickertwist: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=383477.0
- any small item done in the style of Teesha Moores fabric bookcover tutorial --or even just 1-2 of the separate little embellished squares that I can sew onto my own project. I know the time and energy that go into those little buggers! The Craftster craftalong board is here. Thank you, MommyTheMaid!
- small embroidered panel, not within a hoop, that I could incorporate into the aforementioned Teesha Moore fabric project
- a mixed media cuff bracelet
- bloomers or other "unmentionables", long or short
- A piece of jewelry that serves a practical purpose (yay functional steampunkery) -- such as a pendant, ring or cuff with a working compass or a thread-cutter
- an Altoids-type tin repurposed into something nice-looking and useful, like an emergency candle, a sage smudging kit, a first aid kit, etc.

Supplies:
- BIG wish: luscious batts/roving/cleaned fiber for hand-spinning in absolutely any colors, even those I say I don't like (plain undyed fiber is fine, too; I can dye and/or card if necessary)
- Glue Dots, any variety
- other add-ins for spinning into art yarn (any colors or lengths).
- BIGGEST wish: any kind of spindle for hand-spinning. Top whorl, bottom whorl, supported, Turkish, Russian, CD-on-a-stick, anything. I <3 the one I have but its wearing out, and Id like to experiment with other spindles.
- left-handed pinking shears
- small reusable muslin or mesh baggies for herbs, tea, etc.
- a cheapy plastic cuff/bangle bracelet that I can wrap with my handspun yarn.
- mother-of-pearl buttons or beads (no need for any quantity or size, I just like mother of pearl!)
- small frame pendants/charms, the kind that can hold a tiny photo.
- gold dimensional puff paint, and/or any colors of glass paint, so I can make these
- a backstrap loom, or a peg-loom for weaving (yeah, a fancy weaving loom would be fine too, but these are more in the "medium" range.  Smiley)
- a small amount of poly-fil or batting (natural or synthetic materials)

Or:
- something to help in coping with rough times
- something that inspires wonder or adventure
- Something uplifting, promoting healing and wellbeing, from any world religious/spiritual or health tradition. i.e. prayer flags, buddha statue, goddess candle, shrine, milagro, zen fountain, massage supplies, guide to chakras or meridians, etc. Just no spell-casting or conjuring of the spirit world, please
- Something inspired by Amelie
- something that will help me learn and practice herbalism
- something useful for travel, backpacking or tent-camping (check with me 1st to see if I already have what you'd like to send, though)

Extras:
- Loose tea. Interesting bagged tea is fine too, but I just found a tea strainer at the thrift store so I'm excited to try it when the weather cools down!

Thanks and much crafty love!  Kiss
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011 10:39:19 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
audio
Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

Galactic Empress Audrey The Nerdy

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011 10:03:24 PM »

audio's birthday wish list

Hi! My name is Audrey. I live in Ohio, USA. My birthday is July 8, and I’ll be 20 this year! I’m a college student studying Physics. I’m a huge nerd. I love (I’m obsessed with) science and science fiction. I love color, especially purple, grey, black, and green.

PLEASE check out My Pinterest for more ideas. I have tons of examples of what I like and all my boards are organized really well!

Crafted Items
My list is in a particular order. The things I want most are at the top, but I do want everything on this list, so don’t feel as if you can’t choose something from the bottom. If you want to make something that is not listed here or on my pinterest please pm me first. I do not want anything that is mature in theme, so no nudity or vulgar language (I know I have some of that stuff on my pinterest, but please don’t make me that). Thank you!

- Purple Inchies Multiple Claims Welcome! I want to do a giant purple inchie display like llisaredd did. Thanks MommyTheMaid and mxer145!
- Evil Wizard Shirt Grey shirt please. PM me for measurements.

Nerdy Hoopla - Hooped needlework for my scifi hoopla wall.
-   Dr Horrible’s Sing Along Blog: Anything
-   A Very Potter Musical: Draco is my favorite.
-   Harry Potter: I’d really like a fun picture, maybe in felt or something. I don’t really have any favorite quotes from HP. I Like: Slytherin, Pureblood, Snape, Hermione, Draco, Potions, Thestrals, Death Eaters, Dark Mark, Bad Guys, Spells, Dark Magic, etc
-   Army of Darkness: “Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.” or “Hail to the king, baby.” Thanks MommyTheMaid
-   X Files: "I want to believe" or "The Truth Is Out There"
-   Doctor Who: Weeping Angels w/wo quotes "The Angels Have The Phonebox." or "Don't Blink"
-   Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: “The mere thought hadn't even begun to speculate, about the merest possibility of crossing my mind.” or “Oh no, not again.” (Bowl of Petunias)
-   Firefly: "No power in the 'verse can stop me."
-   Battlestar Galactica (New)
-   Star Wars (Original Trilogy)
-   Star Trek (TOS)

- Vintage Space Invaders Embroidery Wall Hanging
- Doctor Who Finger Puppets: Eleven w/ fez, River Song, Weeping Angel, Dalek, Tardis, The Silence,  Jack Harkness, Face of Boe, etc
- Dr. Horrible Finger Puppets: Like the Doctor Who ones but of Dr. Horrible, Penny and Captain Hammer
- River Song’s Journal
- Dr. Horrible’s Red Coat: PM me for measurements.
- The Moon: Craft me something of the moon.

- Pinterest Surprise

Supplies

- Vintage Space Age Stuff
- Vintage Metal Number/ID Tags
- Ephemera/Paper/ Collage Supplies
- 1 Yard Amy Butler Love Pink Tumble Roses
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011 05:39:19 PM by audio » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MommyTheMaid
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011 12:49:33 PM »

My name is Lissa and I live in Colorado, USA with my husband and three kiddos.  I am obsessed with skulls, turtles, and crafting.  My home is slowly filling with homemade awesomeness and Craftster has been such a huge part of that. I am vegan and I am slowly moving my kiddos in that direction, so please do not send us any leather items or treats made with milk.  I try to keep my life and home as eco friendly as possible so I am all for used or recycled items as long as they are clean and useable.  I love black and darker colors and don't really wear a lot of color. I am not a fan of pastels, neons, or florals. My ears are guaged and I rarely wear jewelry, although I do have some pieces that I do or would wear. I guess I consider myself a "gippy" (gothic-hippy) with a really good splash of 50's housewife who dreams of being a pin-up.    

My wists and my pintrest is really full with ideas and I would love a surprise inspired by anything on them.

We have rather severe smoke allergies, so if it can't be washed easily in the washing machine, please pass on claiming us if you smoke.  Thank you!

CRAFTED ITEMS

hoopla hoops for my wall - tons of ideas on my pintrest, anything you think I would like

Car Organizer - http://www.etsy.com/listing/44001892/kids-car-seat-organizer-retro-black-and  any print or color - does not have to be this long

Scrabble style pillows that say LOVE - I will totally stuff them when they get here.

solid black Wrap pants (women's size L)

size 3T muscle shirts in boy prints (not baby prints though please)

fun place mats for adults or kiddos - we prefer the kind that is two pieces of fabric stitched together, turned, and topstitched.  No interfacing or padding needed. Please wash fabric before sewing so it won't shrink on us.

fun cloth napkins - embroidery, fun print, whatever.  Would prefer nothing too light in color though. No need for matching sets.

cloth menstrual pads - I need the longer size in any type (pantyliner, heavy, regular,) I would really like for them to have wings and resin snaps but this is not neccesary.  If they do have wings, I can find a way to get snaps on them, just please no velcro.

Bagsket - http://pinterest.com/pin/25416033/  I love these fabrics but would also love skulls, pin ups, polka dots etc.,

hooded bath towel  for either my 6 year old DD or 3 year old DS - http://www.etsy.com/listing/62440078/personalized-superhero-towel
http://www.etsy.com/listing/51152882/one-eyed-purple-monster

small cloth labels that say "Mommy the Maid" fo rme to sew into clothing or other items I make

dinosaur ami or 3D plushie - would like it to be big enough for my son to cuddle with at night http://littleblackteapot.blogspot.com/2011/05/stuffed-dinosaur-with-sewing-pattern.html

meerkat ami or 3D plushie - here is a knit one http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-meerkat-family-toy-knitting-pattern

lemur ami or 3D plushie - http://pinterest.com/pin/25449324/

Batman ami or 3D plushie -http://pinterest.com/pin/9345208/

Lorax ami or 3D plushie

Knit Bats - any color, I am collecting these for a cute garland and can send pattern http://pinterest.com/pin/49133308/

creepy rag doll - I am so in love with every doll this talented lady makes (except the clown, clowns freak me out) http://pinterest.com/pin/19229577/

Poppet - any size, color, theme, etc.,

bunny slippers in black or pink for US ladies 10

crocheted or knit market bags - I would really prefer the ones with a square or circle bottom as they usually carry stuff better - I like this one http://www.canadianliving.com/crafts/crochet/crocheted_eco_friendly_carryall.php

wool dryer balls

hand spun yarn

ceremaic yarn bowl

mugs with something I like drawn on it - pin ups, skulls, octopus, turtles, etc., No need to match, in fact I think I would like random ones anyway.

mushroom wreath - http://pinterest.com/pin/46100695/

SUPPLIES

PUL fabric - any color/print

CP soap making supplies

any pattern on my Ravelry wish list - http://www.ravelry.com/people/MommytheMaid/queue?wishlist=true

any of the books in my pintrest list - http://pinterest.com/mommythemaid/books-i-lust-for/

super hero crochet pattern http://pinterest.com/pin/9345208/

Mad Hatter crochet pattern - http://www.etsy.com/listing/46441316/mad-hatter-pdf-amigurumi-crochet-pattern?ga_search_query=mad%2Bhatter&ga_search_type=user_shop_ttt_id_5622832 (He is the only one I am missing)

Kid's undies pattern - http://www.etsy.com/listing/77071465/pdf-sewing-pattern-the-little-fishies?ref=v1_other_1

vintage character sheets

XL Men's button down shirts with cool or unique prints

Vintage or vintage style tees in adult sizes - I will be using the front panel with the logo for a patchwork skirt so small holes and stains not in the way are totally cool. I would love to have beer, cars, products, bands, pretty much anything vintage-y that is not political, drug related, or religious.

embroidery hoops - any shape, size, or color

diecuts from the Batman Cricut Cartridge (or similar)

4.5" I-Spy squares - even just one or two really helps me out

etching creme

markers for drawing on ceramic

Ruffler or Walking foot for my Brother machine

single fold bias tape - all colors

ice pop molds - used or thrifted and clean is fantastic

Snap Pliers for KAM snaps

KAM snaps in any size or colors (I am using my friends pliers at the moment, but she lives kind of far)

Serger Thread - would love 3 or 4 of one color, I could really use red but would love any color

Extras

fun cookie cutters

really yummy and simple vegan recipes

vegan baking recipes that you enjoy
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011 09:20:59 PM by MommyTheMaid » THIS ROCKS   Logged

leeska
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011 09:57:13 AM »

Hi, My name is Lisa and I will be 30 on July 20th.  I currently work as a polymer chemist in Ohio, USA.  I am married (coming up on 7 years, man time flies) and I have 2 wonderful kids a 2.5 year old son and an 8 month old daughter.  No allergies. My general style is casual/comfortable but fun/eclectic (think anthopoligie).   I have an Elvis-themed bathroom (black and white and red), just putting that out there.

Likes:  Bold colors, food smells (vanilla, peppermint, citrus, cucumber/melon, ect), retro geometric patterns (boomerangs, sunbursts, ect), science (retro atoms, bubbling flasks, ect), graphic botanical or floral or paisley patterns (like Amy Butler's and Heather Bailey's funky fabrics).  

Dislikes: Pastels, heavy floral scents or spicy scents like sandwood or patchouli, pin-up girls, scary things, real cutesy stuff.

I have a huge wist: http://www.wists.com/Leeska
I update it often with lots of ideas, anything based off of that would be awesome.

UPDATE: Thanks for the wisty surprise Burgz!

Crafty suggestions:
     A sunburst style mirror (see wist)
   Faux sheep skin rugs  http://www.younghouselove.com/2010/02/feeling-sheepish-part-2/
   Table runner made of vintage/dollar store doylies (I have one on my wist you can look at, its a few pages in)
   Feathered fasinators-style headbands or clips
   An infinity dress or top in black, black and white stripes, leopard print or a jewel tone would be awesome.  I especially like the version with detachable straps to have better bra hiding abilities.  (See pixie24 version on pg144 of this thread http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=104089.1430)
   A shrug type thing or wrap style cardigan (http://blog.megannielsen.com/2009/12/how-to-make-a-wrap-cardigan/)
   Mini guest soaps (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=965.0)
   Re-usable coffee cozy
   Jewelry: I love jewelry especially earrings and necklaces - chunky, funky pieces, rather than delicate sweet ones lots of inspiration on wist
   A basket like this one (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=162810.0)
   Other random stuff for my home I would like include pillow covers, tea towels, napkins, place mats, an apron, pretty dishes or bowls, etc)

Supplies!
   A beginners guide to soap-making (Id love to start making HP or CP soap, but I have no idea what supplies I need or where to begin)
   Jewelry making supplies (old, broken, damaged is cool too)
   Crafty books or magazines (used is fine)
   Embroidery floss or hoops
   Fabric
   Shrinky dinks

Extras!
   Candy or other snacky-snacks
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011 06:40:31 AM by leeska » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swap it like it's HOT...I do personal swaps.

http://www.wists.com/Leeska
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter J
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter L
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter K
What Is Graffiti Bubble Style
What Is Tagging in Graffiti
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...