A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
682 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What are you making for Halloween 2011?  (Read 1509 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

anitacj
wist:anitacj77

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2011 08:11:49 AM »

Does anyone realize it's only 4 months til Oct?So I was wondering what everyone is doing/making for halloween?So if you are realllly into halloween Smiley.Put your ideas here.Like costumes,pumpkins,decorations or whatever.The more the merrier.Or if you're stuck with a project put it here and perhaps the peeps of craftster can help.So share people  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

look at wists for my likes & dislikes
supertink
Where's my pixiedust?

Fantastic!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011 03:22:48 PM »

We'll probably do a couple of pumpkins, maybe a autumn wreath to use up to Thanksgiving.

As a Halloween costume I think this year I'll be Rosie the Riveter. Not sure about hubby or the boys yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Disneyphile
ashgraykitsune
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011 04:45:11 PM »

*evil grin* Well, now...I'm a cosplayer by trade, so every day's Halloween for me and my crazy family....but for the holiday, we're going all out. I'm Halloween Town Axel, my husband's a Dark Halloween Town Riku, and for work, I'm breaking out the fifteen foot diameter spiderweb of lights.

Also on the list are homemade pumpkin votives to light the garden, a new set of pin(pumpkin)cushions for all the ladies and gents I know who make their own costumery, and tons of Harry Potter and fantasy inspired confections. Also, probably a 'The cake is a lie' pumpkin cake.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Erzsabet
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011 09:06:27 PM »

I'm planning on making an Autumn Fairy costume, but the part that's holding me back at the moment is the wings. I had the idea to do them from branches and leaves, but I've never made wings before, and have a feeling this might be out of my reach.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I hate it when my party can't start cause Ke$ha didn't walk in.
rabid.dustbunny
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011 01:52:53 PM »

My sister suggested that some Halloween projects would cheer me up.  She is absolutely right!  So, I'm thinking something in papier-mach... something really big.  So what if I don't have anywhere to store it in November, right?  Maybe it's time to troll old Martha Stewart magazines (her earlier years were very inspired Halloween-wise)
I'd also like to do a bunch of those little white Miyazaki tree spirit guys to put under the tree.  OR giant glittery mushrooms for the front yard with great big fuzzy spiders. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The mighty oak was once a little nut that stood it's ground.
Alexus1325
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011 02:41:05 PM »

I'm tempted to make a cardboard-box robot for my front yard. I've never decorated for Hallowe'en, aside from pumpkins (uncarved, so I could make pie!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FeliciaSlayDCRG
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011 03:49:21 PM »

My daughter wants me to make her a Rapunzel and she wants Daddy to be Eugene (Flynn Rider).  My son wants me to make him Boba Fett, and we haven't decided what I'll have time to make.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whatthepuck

I don't know what's going on here.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011 10:32:16 AM »

I'm going to be a Halloween princess (I've said this for the last 3 years.) I'm making ornaments for my Halloween tree. Some embroidered felt Day of the Day, polymer clay stuff somethings, creepy cute monsters..... Not sure what else I'll make. I'm in the Mini 13 Days of Halloween swap. I'm sure I'll get some ideas from that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Swaps:
Kids Craft
Pendant
Halloween in June
Altered Puzzle Piece
Mini 13 DoH

Would love to personal swap for Blythe granny square hat(s)
kstaron
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011 10:22:29 AM »

My daughter wants to be witch, a pink one. And we decided the baby needs to go as her familiar, a black cat.  I'll likely be making a few more tombstones for the graveyard, another giant spider or two, and i need to paint the giant spiderweb I made in glow in the dark paint. I'd also really like to rig up a life sized witch for the front yard too. I've got a few dozen halloween projects on my wists, so we'll see what gets done.  I'm still hip deep in ren faire costumes at the moment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GrimmEverafter
Monster Maker

I live under your bed!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011 10:37:35 PM »

I mentioned it in Alexus1325's thread, but I'll be a fortune teller for a haunted house I was hired at.  Debating on making it a troll, but it all depends on what the boss says of the initial sketch I have so far ^^  Also have to help my sister with hers, she needs a crazy prosthetic made that involves a bald cap and a LOT of hardware @_@

As for Halloween itself, since my little brothers go trick-or-treating, I will be making a secondary 'Tree Monster' costume to walk with them.  Might end up finding some friends who'd be willing to hang out with me, though, so I can hand out candy instead.  Or have a little bucket around my neck so I can get candy still  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We all have a cute, creepy, and/or downright scary monster deep inside of us.  Don't be afraid to let it out!

My deviantART: http://grimmeverafter.deviantart.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Black and White Images in Photoshop
How to Use the Blending Modes in Photoshop Part 2/2
How to Use the Dodge Tool part 2/2
How to Use the Dodge Tool part 1/2
How to Correct Eye color in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...