A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 300,923
Currently Running With Scissors:
542 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Home+Crafty Person=awesome  (Read 589 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

schultebunny
~*~ Little Firefighter Girl ~*~

It's not a matter of size, but a matter of heart.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 29, 2011 01:58:22 PM »

*NOTE: pictures to come in the next day or two, when I finally get the keys. Cheesy*
I am moving into a new home (well, it's an older home, but it's new to me!)
and, for the first time, I'm able to paint the walls any color I want!
the problem is, I'm out of ideas (I'm worrying about my college class that's starting in August, and all crafty ideas have disappeared Cry)
I have, so far, decided on doing the outside-but-still-inside laundry room in bright yellow with bright white trim (it was a porch, that was closed in and made into a laundry room) and it has 3 windows and a screen door in the little 8'x8' area. (it's a bright room to begin with, what with all that natural sunlight)
the front bedroom is currently a VERY dark greenish-blackish color, and it's incredibly depressing to be in the room (can you believe that it used to be a little girl's room?  Shocked) I know I want to re-paint it a blue-ish color, but a very bright, light blue color, with bright white trim. this is going to end up as the "big-kid's play room"- where both my darling SO and I will spend most of our time; him playing video games on one side of the room, and me crafting on the other side of the room. it's going to have a largish desk for his computer, a tv & tv stand in a corner, a couch somewhere in there, and my craft desk/table when I get one (yay! I get to UPGRADE from the kitchen table!!!), and I will most likely be nearest the closet (pictures to come, when I can get over there to get started changing everything!) so that I can store all my crafty stuff in it, and hide it away (it's a walk-in closet, so I'm excited!)
the bathroom needs to be re-done, for sure, as there is a wooden window sill in the shower Shocked I'm actually going to have a professional do that bit, because it's an older home, and I don't want to mess something up. I want to repaint the wall (what isn't tile-but I'm thinking that I want to tear the tile off and just have a regular wall- but that will have to wait for next year, or whenever I can have the money to spend again. Cheesy
the back bedroom is currently a plain tan/neutral color, which is boring, and I want to repaint it too, but I don't know what color. I like the brighter/lighter colors, and I like the color pink, and my SO likes the color dark blue. but I'm clueless at this point.
the kitchen is pretty big, and eventually I want to put an island in the middle-but again- that's later. I want to paint the walls a bright, light green (think pastel neon green), but I have no clue what to do with the cabinets, which are the same ugly color as the front bedroom. I'm out of ideas for the cabinets. Sad
and of course, the living room. I want it to stay neutral, but I think I'm going to re-do the paint on the walls, or maybe make it a little bit brighter, and of course, re-paint the trim with bright white. I'm wanting to take this idea --> http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=358033.0 and put one behind the couch in the living room (rather, where the couch will be once we are settled) and change it with the seasons-I love that idea!
*whew* I have a lot of work ahead of me, but I'm glad it's a pretty small house (perfect for just me and my SO).
anyway, I need help/advice/ideas, anything! I badly want to do something-I've only ever lived in apartments, so this is a HUGE deal to me-I can make it my own!
please (and thank you!) to a great crafty community!  Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Working on getting back into swaps after some crazy two years!~

Please help me with my "patchwork" station blanket! I would love to get fire department patches! Thanks!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Half Persian Chainmaille
How to Spiral Chainmaille
How to Examine a Diamond
How to Make Simple Friendship Bracelets
How to Wire Wrap Jewelry
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...