A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,379
Currently Running With Scissors:
520 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dallas Thrift Stores  (Read 6867 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Marys Madness
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007 02:11:28 AM »

Great finds!  My favorites are Goodwill Stores! 

I love junk jewelry and old picture frames!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

moonshinebluebird
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2007 02:59:56 PM »

I actually am planning to post up my thrifting map and reviews but let me see what I can share some now.

I'm in Garland so the beginning of my treasure hunt always starts there.

The New Beginnings Thrift store
. Its in the shopping center at Buckingham and Garland Road (southwest corner). note that it won't say new beginnings, i think it just says resale shop or something.

I just recently went to this thrif store and its on my permanent outing list.  Its a small store, half of it is packed with clothing, some furniture, my favorite part is a small room with lots of random househould items, dishes, etc.  You can usually find a good mix of vintage stuff in there.  As with most stores you don't always find something everytime but sometimes you get really lucky!  I've found the prices very reasonable here for the most part also. There is usually some bins up front where everything is 25cents and it includes a wide variety of random items.  (including frames)

personal finds: I got a brand new generations create a bag thing there for 5 dollars and it had tons of extra inserts in it.

I recommend this one if its not too far a drive Smiley it supports women and children escaping abusive relationships.

Texas thrift store1406 W Walnut St, Garland, TX at the corner of walnut and garland rd

One of my favorite stores, its rather large.  Lots of clothing, a literal mountain of stuffed animals.  I go to this one though for their furniture, craft supplies, and other random household finds.  For furniture they will usually be a little on the high end side at first, if it doesn't sell they quickly start slashing the prices.  They usually have a half price sale on something be it orange tag clothes or furniture.  I've found lots of great furniture here, some needed refinishing, some didn't.  Its hit or miss though, they will have droughts then all of a sudden have a huge delivery. 

Also they have lots of glassware and have found some cute items.  Everyonce in a while I've seen some pirex etc.  Lots of frames.

I love this store, the prices are usually very reasonable.  The service is off and on, but I haven't been treated badly yet.

Loot:

I've scored the most from this store maybe I'll just link to a couple pictures:
 Wooden chest for art. This is amazing and I did pay more than I normally do but I didn't want to wait for the price to go down and have it sold  to someone else! (50 dollars)

Neat decorative bowls under a buck.

knitting needles and box for about 4 dollars... this find made me squeel with delight.

Ok There are a lot more on my list and one especially that I'd like to share (and a couple I would like to warn about!) but I don't want to post too much right now.

If you want me to post the others let me know Smiley otherwise I'll post a link to the reviews when I get them up.  Better organized and more informational reviews I hope. (with maps!)

Sorry this was so long  Tongue I hope its ok to share.  And thanks for the  information on other stores, I'm definitely going to be checking them out thrifting is so much fun! (an obsession maybe)

Micky

*edit* these two are in Garland, the rest I believe that I have to talk about are in dallas Smiley I tend to consider surrounding cities dallas also since we all blend together.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007 03:01:14 PM by moonshinebluebird - Reason: added note » THIS ROCKS   Logged

An ACEO a day for a year
Flickr
Etsy
"A wise old owl lived in an oak..."
Qorla Plankun
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008 01:11:21 PM »

I can't believe noone has mentioned St. Vincent's!

Its basically a MONDO goodwill, complete with public outreach programs and the like, and it is GIANT.  The first time I went, I practically bought the whole store, and I have no regrets.  Although I DO wish I had known about the Weekly Specials the first time I went. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Kimchi With Chef Judy Joo
Pho Recipe
How to Make Asian Ribs
Asian Bites: How to Make Hot and Spicy Thai Salad
Coconut-Lime Chicken With Thai Garnishes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...