A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,967
Currently Running With Scissors:
709 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dallas Thrift Stores  (Read 6902 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sheeshoo
« on: March 17, 2004 12:24:24 PM »

I put "Dallas Thrift Stores" into google and got amazing results - see for yourself.

Do any of you know any of these? I'd love to hear of any reviews or recommendations.

I personally love the Goodwill at Shiloh and Beltline in Garland/Richardson. I find some really fun stuff there. I had a ball going through the necktie bin. I picked up several for around a $1 or less each that I am sure I'll make something out of.

And for clothes - I love the Buffalo Exchange on lower Greenville in Dallas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bombshell
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2004 08:43:38 PM »

First post.. Smiley

I love Garland Road Thrift (appropriately enough, on Garland Road) ... it's like the Wal-Mart of thrift stores, it's got everything.  

Ditto on the Goodwill on Shiloh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sasto
I am too a queen--my pantyhose say so!

God save the queen-sized!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004 01:52:46 PM »

If you're willing to drive to Lewisville, there's a monster thrift store on 121 west of I-35. It's called Rethreads & it is HUGE! I've tried to hit every thrift store in the metroplex & that is far and away the best I've found.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's all true.
(Except of course, for the lies.)
squaretangle
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2004 09:04:24 AM »

The BEST vintage store in Dallas!

If you are coming of 75 get on Henderson and it will be on your left on the corner of the street right after Cuba Libre (I think).  I also love Mariposa and Once Upon a Time on the right. 

These gals are also crafty!  They make awesome jewelry and skirts.  I got all the girls in my family something for Christmas there last year.  I just got my cousin this kick @ss skirt made of old T's with a Frida Kahlo right in the crotch area.

Check it out, the place is tiny but I know you will get lost for hours looking at everything.  Here is their web site. http://www.pandemoniumltd.com/

-Lety

PS:  My family keeps telling me to take them but I don't want to give away my SPOT, you guys are privilaged to get this info.  Smiley  Ciao!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every artist was first an amateur.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Scott Adams
TheThriftShopper.Com
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006 06:25:29 PM »

I have a national directory of charity thrift shops that I hope you'll find useful.

http://www.TheThriftShopper.Com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't forget to look in your local thrift stores for your crafting supplies. Please check out my national directory of thrift stores at www.TheThriftShoppe r.Com for your shopping convenience.
justjenn81

Sitting in my corner of Texas!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006 10:25:13 PM »

I have tried thriftshopper.com and a lot of the information is outdated and there are a lot more stores that aren't listed.  Do you rely on others to help you update it or what?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CFeld80
I AM A MOM!

Nothing like crafting and being a mom!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006 06:42:45 AM »

What a great post!  I'm in McKinney!
Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Peace with the Past, Faith in the Future, Spirit in the Soul.
explodingfruit
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006 01:45:58 PM »

ahab bowen is a FANTASTIC vintage place. and all their prices are so reasonable.
2614 Boll St Dallas, TX 75204 in uptown.

also, i accidentally discovered several very large thrift stores one afternoon because i took the wrong bus.  Roll Eyes i'm not sure of the exact addresses, but they are at gus thomasson and ferguson. near the walmart.

and also, (during the day and WITH OTHER PEOPLE, it's not a particularly nice part of town)m wandering up and down jefferson st. in oak cliff, i found 4 thrift shops and a salvation army.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Buffy_want_beer7
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007 02:58:49 PM »

There's a pretty good thrift store on Skillman north of Northwest Highway.  It's kid of hidden in the corner of the shopping center on the right. 

If ya'll need better directions, let me know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
skizzlemonsterrawr

MizCrmpit at your service

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007 11:03:11 PM »

the BEST BEST BEST vintage store in town is dolly python in uptown.  they have the best selection of vintage clothing and the best prices.  while pandemonium is amazing...i do have to say dolly python out shines.  they have different collectors set up boothes there and sell their items, but the stores owner is always willing to work out a deal for you on the clothes.  you can get perfect condition dresses bags and shoes there for under forty dollars.  ive gotten chanel scarves for 12 bucks just to name one of the many good deals. 

the address if you like
Dolly Python, 1916 Haskell
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Braid Styles for the Red Carpet
How to Do a Waterfall Braid
How to Do a Braid Like Anne Hathaway
How to Do a French Braid Dutch-Style Aka Inside Out or Reverse Braid
How to Do a Fishtail Updo
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...