A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,480
Currently Running With Scissors:
423 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing ATC Swap for July 2011  (Read 15427 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jmiller614
« Reply #220 on: August 01, 2011 10:09:34 AM »

Oh man. I hate getting super cute pet cards. I always want to keep them but don't really have a use for them. I want a puppy after just looking at that guy!

But great ATCs!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bakeneko
« Reply #221 on: August 01, 2011 02:50:51 PM »

It is generally referred to as cloacal breathing.  Turtles don't have an anus, technically it is a cloacae. Just thought I would supply some turtle butt facts Smiley

Wow, what excellent ATCs! I love the chicken at the beach.
Here's an ATC that gozer made for my "Random Fact" theme:

Did you know that?
I believe the term is "anal breathing/anal gasping" - when I took marine bio, we learned that sea cucumbers do it too.
Thanks gozer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

don't worry, be happy. for realz.

Mo' bettah you live Hawai`i

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #222 on: August 01, 2011 06:59:45 PM »

Whooo I came back home this week to a full mailbox!

Here they are, in no particular order:

From Kartiana, for "Morning Hair":

I love the little drawing! (also, the part that looks black is actually silver foil paper... )

Next, from Brackish Potato, for Cephalopods, we have "Ghost-opus":

The octopus actually looks more transparent in real life... it's drawn on a thin clear sheet of cellophane (I think..?).  The background swirlies are silver also!  Beautiful background!

Then, from Seabound23, for fireflies:

It's called "As long as we have each other"--- awww! Omg I'm going to cry, but it's so lovely!

She also included a doodle card!

Then, from MargiePoo, for "hot air balloons:"

She took the picture at a hot air balloon show!  Yay! I love the colorful border too!

And one more from MargiePoo, for lilypads, we have "Lily Lady:"

I love the color scheme!  I'm always amazed at how Margie can create so many different feelings and themes within her distinct style!

Thank you soooo much, everyone, for the awesome cards!! Sooo happy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

muddy21
« Reply #223 on: August 01, 2011 07:40:15 PM »

miknessevie received my card recently but her camera isn't working, so here you are...

My claim was for "old Bible story pictures." I had just been rummaging through some children's books on my bookcase and among them I found one that was mine in the 1950s.

The one color picture in the book (miknessevie says it's of David with his sheep)

and the title page -

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Brackish Potato
« Reply #224 on: August 02, 2011 09:35:30 AM »

The octopus actually looks more transparent in real life... it's drawn on a thin clear sheet of cellophane (I think..?).
I actually printed the image off the computer and used a technique called packing tape transfer. I'm not really that good at drawing! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists.

"Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!" -Dr. Seuss
blupaisan

crayyyyyyzeeeeeee about cats!!!

« Reply #225 on: August 02, 2011 12:50:41 PM »

I have two great cards to show off -
The first from muddy21 on my local expressions theme : sometimes soda is listed as tonic, in other places it is exlixer!  I wonder if anyone still calls it pop.  And there's also soft drinks...  anyone abroad have an interesting addition?

I love old ads and this has two in it.  I also love wordy backgrounds.
Thank you, muddy21.

Next, something obscure that happened in 1963, by tynwia:

I love this! It features the vintage logo, which always turns me on, and she added strings because it is a balloon in the Macys parade. Please tell me what the dino is made from, it is certainly no polymer clay i have ever come across...
thanks, tynwia!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It were lightnin'...
kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

« Reply #226 on: August 02, 2011 12:56:58 PM »

When my husband and I lived in Washington we called soda "pop" or "soda pop", but when we moved to California people made fun of us when we said "pop" so we have trained ourselves to just call it "soda"  Smiley But I still like saying "pop" when I can get away with it Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
SilverMoon

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #227 on: August 02, 2011 02:11:52 PM »

here we call it soft drink or lemonade. Even the flavours that aren't plain lemonade.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #228 on: August 02, 2011 02:31:56 PM »

When my husband and I lived in Washington we called soda "pop" or "soda pop", but when we moved to California people made fun of us when we said "pop" so we have trained ourselves to just call it "soda"  Smiley But I still like saying "pop" when I can get away with it Wink

I grew up in Washington State.  And when I was little we had a chain of cheep soda stores called The Soda Pop Shop Stop...(I think..not sure about the Stop part..).  You'd pick out a flat of what ever you wanted, and then return the bottles next time you went back.  Not bad tasting stuff as I remember.  But it makes me think that is why it's still soda pop up here...though not sure if you meant DC or the state Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

« Reply #229 on: August 02, 2011 03:11:37 PM »

I grew up in Washington State.  And when I was little we had a chain of cheep soda stores called The Soda Pop Shop Stop...(I think..not sure about the Stop part..).  You'd pick out a flat of what ever you wanted, and then return the bottles next time you went back.  Not bad tasting stuff as I remember.  But it makes me think that is why it's still soda pop up here...though not sure if you meant DC or the state Grin

Washington state  Smiley and I used to live in the town of Vancouver... so that was real fun trying to explain to people; "Yes, I live in Vancouver, Washington... not Vancouver Canada, and not Washington DC... Vancouver, Washington"  Roll Eyes Someone in Tennessee once tried to argue with me that Vancouver Washington didn't exist... I decided not to believe them  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair Stylist for a Day Backstage at Thakoon Fall 2013 Runway Show
"Hair With Hollie": How to Create Big Cheryl Cole-Inspired Hair
How to Get a Straight-Off-the-Runway Hairstyle in 30 Seconds
Do You Shampoo Too Often?
Celebrity Hair Style: The Lob Trend
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...