A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
728 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing ATC Swap for July 2011  (Read 14721 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #230 on: August 02, 2011 03:42:10 PM »

When my husband and I lived in Washington we called soda "pop" or "soda pop", but when we moved to California people made fun of us when we said "pop" so we have trained ourselves to just call it "soda"  Smiley But I still like saying "pop" when I can get away with it Wink

I grew up in Washington State.  And when I was little we had a chain of cheep soda stores called The Soda Pop Shop Stop...(I think..not sure about the Stop part..).  You'd pick out a flat of what ever you wanted, and then return the bottles next time you went back.  Not bad tasting stuff as I remember.  But it makes me think that is why it's still soda pop up here...though not sure if you meant DC or the state Grin

Washington state  Smiley and I used to live in the town of Vancouver... so that was real fun trying to explain to people; "Yes, I live in Vancouver, Washington... not Vancouver Canada, and not Washington DC... Vancouver, Washington"  Roll Eyes Someone in Tennessee once tried to argue with me that Vancouver Washington didn't exist... I decided not to believe them  Wink

LOL I understand.  At one point I lived in Vancouver Can. and my sisiter lived in Vancouver Wa.  My Daddy like to tell folks we both lived in Vancouver.....5 hours away from each other Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

« Reply #231 on: August 02, 2011 03:43:30 PM »

I have cards to share!!
So sorry for my slacking in posting pictures!!
here are the three ATC's I received this month!

#1 - Curse words that aren't by ChameleonHound
#2 - Sewing Stash by Kartiana
#3 - Crime Scene after SWAT and cleanup by jmiller614 (SUPER ingenious by the way Smiley )

I love them all!!

thanks folks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tynwia
Reduce, reuse, recycle it into something useful.

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 02, 2011 03:45:10 PM »

Please tell me what the dino is made from, it is certainly no polymer clay i have ever come across...
Umm... well actually it's just paint. I cut the dino from cardboard and dumped paint on him and set it in front of the fan to dry. It was some really old paint I had but the perfect color and I was at a loss as to what to do to make him look like a balloon... I actually tried a balloon but I soon found out that balloons and glue don't cooperate at all. I always have these great ideas that I find out later aren't so great lol. I love to use things in a new way Smiley

Here is an ATC from gozer that I totally forgot to post! I've had it a while Sad
Fairy House

I love the little raindrop window in the door and that is not all....

The door opens revealing the inside of the house!!!!!!
I really adore it!!!! Thanks gozer. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/tynwia
I have a button addiction.......
Up for personal swaps Smiley
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

« Reply #233 on: August 02, 2011 03:45:41 PM »

All three of those are cool!  I think I'll start useing "BUCKETS!" now Grin

And that little tree house is sweet.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011 03:46:47 PM by suereal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #234 on: August 02, 2011 03:57:17 PM »

Ooo that fairy door is so cool!  The hinge looks so realistic!

I live in Washington state, as well, and I call it pop!  Mmm mmm pop!  I didn't even realize there were so many different ways people call carbonated beverages in different places.  Way cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
ChameleonHound

Odds 'n ends are my specialty.

Beware the Platypirates and their tri-corner hats.

« Reply #235 on: August 02, 2011 05:30:23 PM »

Nice fairy door Smiley
I know people from the mid-west that call it "pop"; friends from MI and WI swear by "pop", and the people I know in St. Louis battle about pop and soda.
And as for "buckets", that was inspired by my last job which had a unique combination of a multitude of 5-gallon buckets, lots of messes, injuries from critters and accidents, and plenty of small children and parrots around to imitate any colorful language you express.

Okay, enough of that. I got 2 more ATCs!
This one is from gozer, for my pirates theme:

"A Pirate by Any Other Name"

And this one is from Margiepoo, for my "unfashionable fashions" theme:

The Side Pony Tail!
(She also sent me the extra and this adorable card Smiley

Thanks to you both! I'm thrilled at the variety in my collection at this point Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever happened to the ongoing hoopla swaps?
Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

don't worry, be happy. for realz.

Mo' bettah you live Hawai`i

« Reply #236 on: August 02, 2011 05:34:23 PM »

The octopus actually looks more transparent in real life... it's drawn on a thin clear sheet of cellophane (I think..?).
I actually printed the image off the computer and used a technique called packing tape transfer. I'm not really that good at drawing! Cheesy

Wow,Brackish Potato,  I'm impressed with how well you cut it out too!

All these cards are amazing... still so glad I decided to get into these swaps!!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011 05:47:04 PM by Mountains and Clouds » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.mountainsandclouds.com/stellas-trip-to-oahu.html
MY ADDRESS HAS CHANGED AS OF APRIL 2014.  PLEASE PM ME FOR AN UPDATE IF YOU NEED IT! : )
Eamea
« Reply #237 on: August 02, 2011 06:11:17 PM »

... and the people I know in St. Louis battle about pop and soda.
I live in St. Louis, and I'm a soda girl. Smiley

I got this pinup card from raeraggs yesterday.  There's a touch of glitter on the letters and the smoke.  Isn't she fun?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's one in every family, and I'm an only child.
suereal

« Reply #238 on: August 02, 2011 06:40:31 PM »

The oddest part of the soda, pop, soda pop issue is that folks would give others a hard time about what ever they call it!  It's still all carbonted sugar water Grin

I'm trying to get organized in Real Life so I have not joined in a few months but y'all are making me miss this swap tons!  Everything is very cool and well thought out Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

muddy21
« Reply #239 on: August 02, 2011 07:04:46 PM »

The oddest part of the soda, pop, soda pop issue is that folks would give others a hard time about what ever they call it!  It's still all carbonated sugar water Grin

Doesn't anyone anywhere (besides New England, that is) call it tonic?  Not just for tonic water, but for all the fizzy drinks?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw the Lowercase Calligraphy Letters - I, L, J, R, F, T
How to Draw the Lowercase Calligraphy Letters - P, B, K
How to Draw the Lowercase Calligraphy Letters - N, H, M, U, A, D, G, Q
How to Draw the Lowercase Calligraphy Letters - Practice Sentences
How to Rule the Page for Capital Letter Calligraphy
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...