A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 299,122
Currently Running With Scissors:
643 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2012 Special Olympics USA Scarf Project Craftalong-CLOSED  (Read 25053 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

yofi
« Reply #120 on: August 16, 2011 09:39:49 AM »

Oooh -- I love the dropped stitches.  And I love the ribbing, too.

I tried doing tiny stripes, just two rows per color, and carrying the yarn up the other side, but it just looks messy when I do it.  I've seen pieces where that technique works great -- just must be something about my knitting.

I'll probably keep plugging away on my 4x scarf out of sheer bloody mindedness.  but it's nice to have something a little more successful, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #121 on: August 16, 2011 06:45:50 PM »

whooohooo, another taker in the scarf-along!!  Grin

After spending all of July crocheting, and this month has been focused on sewing...I'm picking up sticks and not wanting to put them down!!!  Cheesy  I've started a hat this morning and a teddy bear and just c/o for a garter-stitch shawl... Roll Eyes
I'm going to work on sewing tomorrow and then pull out the Special Olympics scarf tomorrow night! =]

THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: August 22, 2011 06:10:39 PM »

Kittymom13 - ooo Scarf-along. I like that  Smiley  Your good about keeping to a certain craft. I jump all over the place and end up making a big mess  Roll Eyes

I have a feeling I might be pushing the scarf further back. Not on purpose but for those of you who are not in the 50 projects CAL, I am getting a new sewing machine that will be coming in a week. My mom surprised me with it, so I am going to be wanting to test that baby out for sure. Also on my needles right now is a sweater for my niece who is only 3 months old right now. I started it back at the end of February on a plane. After I got back from that in April I had a billion things to get done. Anyways, long story short I had to get cracking on finishing the sweater because it is known to run small and I don't know how small(which scares me). She was a big baby to begin with and she is not getting any smaller, so I am going to have to get this one out quick before I add any projects on.  Undecided Buuuuut it's my first sweater so that in itself is exciting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2011 06:39:56 AM »

ha ha It seems each time I try to make a baby hat or sweater, the intended baby is too big to fit it!  I have a stash of bibs, hats and sweaters for "future" little babies...maybe I should make toddler sizes and get them done in a year or two! Cheesy

I finished my fourth scarf and have the fifth one planned...I am tired of knitting so I switched to crochet stripes...

I took pics but forgot to upload them onto Craftster so I can't access them from work! Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yofi
« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2011 03:28:41 PM »

Whoa -- you're starting your fifth scarf?!  I'm impressed -- I thought I was doing well to have one done and two on the needles!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #125 on: August 23, 2011 07:28:57 PM »

This scarf is made half with red and half with blue...I love the middle stitches...knit from one of the patterns that limeriot put on here...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #126 on: August 23, 2011 07:50:57 PM »

What a fun idea to do a half-and-half scarf, alwaysinmyroom!! It looks marvelous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #127 on: August 23, 2011 07:56:39 PM »

It looks better when worn...I started to edge the scarf with opposite colors but that looked even weirder...wrapped around the neck, it looks pretty cool!

I am going to make it using two shades of tan for a friend... thanks, Lime! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: August 23, 2011 09:35:15 PM »

I love that scarf Always! You have been added to the mini gallery  Wink  It inspires me to make one in different colors for myself! Like I need more projects distracting me from the ones I need to do right?  Roll Eyes Oh well I will add it to my 50 in 2012 when that comes up, which is actually closer than it seems with holidays jazz going on and what not.

My sewing machine came today  Shocked Crazy considering it wasn't suppose to come until at least Monday(she ordered it on Thursday). Sadly I have been exhausted today so I haven't got to test it out yet, but soon I hope.

I was thinking that I should probably choose a more simple design for the first scarf considering that the patterns in my head just seem a little overwhelming with my craft load right now. I figure I will be more apt to start it if it seems more simple and involves less interaction. You know, something where I don't have to pay attention to much and can do it when talking to others or watching tv (the way I like it  Wink )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indigo_roses
« Reply #129 on: August 24, 2011 12:41:04 AM »

I should be going shopping tomorrow for craft supplies, I hope I can find the correct colors! I've been thinking up patterns that I could start if I could only find one of thecolors, and one thing I came up with is similar to your half and half scarf! In my head I wasn't sure, but I like the one you made, always. Very nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Ultimate Guide To A Perfectly Curly Hairstyle
Top Products for Oily Skin
How to Get Candy Cane Nails
3 Spices That Speed Up Your Metabolism
Dazzle Her with Diamonds This Holiday
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...