A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,741
Currently Running With Scissors:
523 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2012 Special Olympics USA Scarf Project Craftalong-CLOSED  (Read 22559 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #220 on: October 26, 2011 11:36:34 AM »

oh dear--my friend who was going to do this project with me has to back out due to personal stuff...so she asked if I wanted her yarn...uh...YES! Cheesy  Guess I will be crafting along for a little longer... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #221 on: October 26, 2011 03:27:25 PM »

indigo- your scarf is fantastic! What pattern is that? It reminds me of a bunch of GDs put all together. And, alwaysinmyroom, free yarn! Definitely worth the extra crocheting time Wink

My scarf still awaits its photo shoot...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
indigo_roses
« Reply #222 on: October 26, 2011 03:39:50 PM »

indigo- your scarf is fantastic! What pattern is that? It reminds me of a bunch of GDs put all together. And, alwaysinmyroom, free yarn! Definitely worth the extra crocheting time Wink

Thanks! It's the diagonal box stitch, I'm pretty sure there's a link to how to do it on the first page, with a sc border around it (to hide where I carried the yarn when making color changes).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #223 on: October 26, 2011 07:00:10 PM »

Thanks! It's the diagonal box stitch, I'm pretty sure there's a link to how to do it on the first page, with a sc border around it (to hide where I carried the yarn when making color changes).

I'll have to check it out for another scarf. I'm only going to be able to make one for the Special Olympics. I have so many irons in the fire right now, I can't believe it (or figure out how I let it happen...).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: October 29, 2011 09:38:36 PM »

alwaysinmyroom - and just as you think you are done you just get draaaaaaaagged back in. Just the way we like it  Cheesy

kittymom13 - Thank you and thank you for the link! Looks perfect for this project!

indigo_roses - congrats on your first scarf! It came out awesome! And oh no about your heat! I hope it is fixed by now or at least soon anyways!

craftADDchick - ugh, I know what you mean. I am already anxious about December coming and I have a buttload to do before then. I've got the double whammy with birthdays that month

Anyone else getting snow? We are forcasted for 5-10" and it is only our first snow fall of the season! And best of all it's been snowing on my birthday!(this never happens) I have decided that since I am now prehistoric I am going to be a T-Rex this year  Grin Okay, okay I am only 23 but I need an excuse to be a T-Rex okay?  Wink

Update: The power has gone out. I hope none of you (assuming some of you got snow) have your power out!

« Last Edit: October 29, 2011 10:58:40 PM by AlishaMisha » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

« Reply #225 on: October 30, 2011 08:58:36 AM »

NE got another whallop! Unbelievable...and power outages...YiKeS!  Shocked

The cookies sound wonderful and a great way to heat up the home, too! =]  I'm in a baking kind-of-mood.  Good ole' chocolate chip cookies for us.  And a way to say 'Thank you'! for watching our kittehs!!

I love the latest diagonal scarf!  Great stitchin! =]

I've only gotten a little ways on my latest S.O. scarf...today it is getting pulled out while visiting w/friends. Pic to come tomorrow. 

Hope everyone is well, warm, and happily keeping fingers busy w/projects! =]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
indigo_roses
« Reply #226 on: October 30, 2011 11:44:23 AM »

Thanks for the compliments! And yes, I have heat now. All better! My power went out during the storm, but it came back on after about 30 seconds. Phew!

Due to the snow, however, I didn't have to go to work on Saturday. At the time I didn't have much with me, but I had thrown my red and blue yarn in my bag. So, I'm about 3/4 of the way done with my next scarf! I haven't taken a picture of it, I think I'll probably wait until I finish it, which will probably be soon.  Tongue This one's a more lacy one that's done horizontally - just a few looooong rounds instead of lots of short rows!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #227 on: October 31, 2011 03:38:24 PM »

I lost power at midnight on Saturday, which also means no heat, so I'm at my sister's house. The town I teach in got seriously hammered, so we had no school today and none tomorrow. June is really going to suck...

I did bring the scarf with me to show my sister, and I realized that if I can use her camera, I may be able to get a decent photo while I'm here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

« Reply #228 on: October 31, 2011 04:22:25 PM »

Happy Halloween!  Grin

No goblins are visiting this country house...so I'm scarfin' up candy and working my LasT row of the scarf!!  I haven't even pulled out my camera from last week, so I'll be posting a FO later tonight...after I locate said camera.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #229 on: November 01, 2011 06:38:47 AM »

Here are the scarves I made all bundled up, ready to ship!  I sent out last week and I got my confirmation from UPS that they had arrived...they do not send out confirmations, so I would suggest you send your scarves UPS or with a DC if you want to know that your scarves made it to the warehouse!  The Pennsylvania site has a running tally of how many scarves they have received so far!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Boone Tavern Pork Chops Recipe
Party Caramel-Coated Popcorn Recipe
Party Chocolate Coated Popcorn Recipe
Slow Cooker Roast Beef Sandwich Recipe
Inviting Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...