A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,318
Currently Running With Scissors:
441 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2012 Special Olympics USA Scarf Project Craftalong-CLOSED  (Read 28818 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Your life is what you make of it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2011 07:29:02 AM »

That was a great thing to do!  I keep forgetting the colors, ha ha...I finally just printed it all and stuck it in my purse--going to look for yarn today!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2011 05:38:15 PM »

Good idea to print it! I hope you found some yarn. I am going camping for the holiday weekend so I am more than likely not going to be going out anywhere that has this yarn, but you never know!  Luckily I've got plenty of time (my deadline is Jan 23rd).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2011 06:53:00 PM »

I picked up yarn today. Of course, I left the list of colors on the table, but I remembered Cherry and Soft Navy, so I was all set. They had both in stock (and on sale!), so I got a skein of each. Now, I just need to pick out a pattern! If I can locate my 300+ crochet patterns book, I may crochet up a swatch to see how it looks and to get the width right.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
AlishaMisha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2011 09:28:23 PM »

I picked up yarn today. Of course, I left the list of colors on the table, but I remembered Cherry and Soft Navy, so I was all set. They had both in stock (and on sale!), so I got a skein of each. Now, I just need to pick out a pattern! If I can locate my 300+ crochet patterns book, I may crochet up a swatch to see how it looks and to get the width right.
Awesome! Did it happen to be a store that was around here so I can get a chance to get my skeins on sale? (and other could for that matter)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2011 07:37:35 AM »

thank you for starting a thread for this,AlishaMisha!  And it is great to see some familliar faces, too! *howdy!* =]

I did this a couple of years ago when the colors were blue/white.  A local lady was collecting them and having a bit of a stitch-in at the Barnes and Noble. =] 

I'll check the sites and see about getting the yarn this weekend, too.  It is really hot/humid here this weekend and our plans were to go camping...but I think that we will stay home afterall.  Hope everyone has a good weekend-stay safe! Happy Stitchin'!
=]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2011 09:13:26 AM »

Awesome! Did it happen to be a store that was around here so I can get a chance to get my skeins on sale? (and other could for that matter)

My LYS is AC Moore Wink I'm guessing the yarn will be on sale until at least Saturday (2 for $5, which isn't a huge savings... so you could do better with 2 visits and 2 40% off coupons, depending on how close you are... but I was there and it was in stock).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Your life is what you make of it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2011 09:20:31 AM »

I had no luck at Joann's yesterday!  They had some of the red but none of the navy!

I am going to try AC Moore this weekend...2 for $5 sounds great and AC Moore will skip the tax if you tell them it is for clothing in PA...we have no sales tax on clothing so fabric and yarn used for clothing is tax exempt!

btw--no way I am weaving in all the ends of a stripey pattern!  I will carry the colors along the side...I hate weaving in... Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011 09:21:27 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2011 09:24:47 AM »

btw--no way I am weaving in all the ends of a stripey pattern!  I will carry the colors along the side...I hate weaving in... Cheesy

The number of ends I have to weave will help to determine my pattern. If I can work out the math right, so that all of my colors start and end on the same side, I may attempt to carry them as well. Good idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlishaMisha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2011 01:01:30 PM »

kittymom13 - ooo a veteran! We planned on going camping as well as I stated before, but I got woken up this morning(we were suppose to leave today) and was told that was are going to leave on Tuesday instead because of a repair to the camper that needs to be done. But on the upside instead of just camping for a few days we are now camping for a week. Though I will be having my internet with me as it is portable so you will still be seeing me on here, so you can't get rid of me just yet  Wink  Cheesy

craftADDchick - Thanks for letting us know! We have 2 AC Moore's here and they are both an hour away. Which normally isn't a problem as I travel to Portland, ME a lot, so it may be a hit or a miss depending on where our free time takes us this weekend.  I am going to try JoAnn's first(coupons) then Walmart. After that AC Moore and Michael's because of distance.

alwaysinmyroom - duh Alisha! I always forget about carrying. Probably because I never do it because I am always stuck with a pattern that I don't have the privilege to use that technique.  Tongue

« Last Edit: July 01, 2011 01:10:22 PM by AlishaMisha » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ollieorange
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2011 07:10:47 PM »

Mine won't be too fancy, but I'm totally in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Introduction to Vibrato on Violin
Vibrato Exercise on the Violin - Sound Waves
How to Play My Tractors Sexy on Violin Fiddle
How to Play The Adams Family Song on Violin
How to Play Somewhere Over the Rainbow on Violin
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...