Swap name: Craft This Tote (and fill it)!!
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Leslieshappyheart and susanab
Sign-up date range: June 26-July 9, 2011 at noon
Date to send item by: August 1, 2011
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): NO
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Additional Age requirement? NO
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Mod if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YESDetails of swap:
Who wants to have fun sewing this cute little tote bag? I know I do! In fact, I already did, when I made the one in the picture!! This is a free pattern from Wendi Gratz at Shiny Happy World; the link is here.
This is a very small tote, just 7.5" x 8.5" (big enough for your lunch, or a small work in progress, or a child's coloring book and crayons)--but it is a blank canvas for creativity! You would be free to embellish it any way you want to match your partner's tastes (embroider, paint, stencil, appliqué, glue, etc) then fill it with goodies. These could be store bought or hand made, or a mix of both. They should be in the 1 to 2 point range, with a minimum one point’s worth of goodies (two hours or less of crafting time; or $10 or less for purchased items)
When sewing, please stick to the pattern size; but feel free to add anything you want to the tote (a pocket, for example).
You may choose to have one or two partners.
Please post to the thread at least once a week so we know you are still with us!
Remember to pm your partners and your group organizer when you send and receive, and post pictures in the gallery when you receive, asap.
If you want to participate, send the following information to BOTH organizers; you can copy and paste this on the “send to” line: “Leslieshappyheart”, “susanab”
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Craft This Tote (and fill it)!!
Your real name (including middle initial)
Mailing address, including the country, written exactly as your package should be addressed
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
ADD OTHER SWAP SPECIFIC QUESTIONS HERE...
Do you have any allergies?
Are there allergens in your home?
Do you have dietary restrictions?
Would you like one or two partners?
-- colors/color combinations:
--styles (vintage, modern, etc):
--themes (pirates, nature, etc):
2. Least favorite
-- colors/color combinations:
3. Describe your personal style:
4. What type of crafts do you like to make?
5. Are there any crafted items you would love to get?
6. Are there any crafted items you would not like to get?
7. Are there any craft supplies you can always use more of?
8. Do you have any jewelry preferences?
9. T-shirt size; wrist size?
10. Links to your wist, pinterest, and/or etsy favorites:
11. Is there anything else you want to tell your partner?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE. Send your info to both of us; you can copy and paste this: “Leslieshappyheart”, “susanab”
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find other rules about participating in a swap.
AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:
5. Bunnie Boo
7. mistressH--first-time swapper!
8. lorelei--first-time swapper!
10. little-cupcake--first-time swapper!
11. mommai--first-time swapper!
17. holistic knitter
28. mich_p--first-time swapper!