I had been wanting to do a Stars & stripes dress since last summer. After searching the net, thrift stores, and Supermarkets I finnally found this crinkle cotton dress on sale at Old Navy and I had to get it.
Not a childrens dress but I couldn't find another model.
To achieve stripes I cut rubberbands in half, poked them though the dry gauze and tied them securely.
I then wetted the skirt of the dress in very hot water wrung it out and placed it in the dye bath for two days.
For the blue I purchased wood star cut outs from joanns and metal spring clips from home depot. I folded the dry bodice in half with the sides touching and clamped the stars down. The middle star is a bit flubbed, I put half the fabric in the clamp and hoped for a more symetrical effect
Sorry for no pics of the blue they got deleted in a phone reboot .