A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  It's time to vote!  Which Craftster member rocked dollar store crafting?  Cast your vote here!
Total Members: 305,673
Currently Running With Scissors:
360 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Multiple Duct tape projects...image heavy :)  (Read 23718 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DTchick
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2005 06:13:44 PM »

Here's the tutorial for the butterfly mirror. I made it by hand and then my scanner broke....so I didn't make another one yet. I wanted to see if it was readable before I got started on the two-colored purse that seems to be so popular.

Sorry it's such a terrible quality. I'll do better next time. If you really can't tell what it says, let me know and I'll draw up another one using the computer this time. This is the first tutorial I've ever done, so I wasn't quite sure how to do it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't cause commotions; I am one.

I didn't recognize you without the handcuffs.
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2005 06:26:39 PM »

I love that beach bag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
hakue
Creative Chaos

You can't put that on a steak and eat it!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2005 06:46:48 PM »

Could you just type out what the words say so that it's easier to read?  The pictures are fine, but the letters are blurry. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art."
Tom Stoppard  

Horrah for quotes! Cheesy
DTchick
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2005 07:04:45 PM »

Could you just type out what the words say so that it's easier to read?  The pictures are fine, but the letters are blurry. 

Yeah....*grabs paper*

Materials: Square mirror from the craft store, velcro, glue, 2 colors of duct tape.

Step one: cut the foam and cardboard to be the same size as the mirror.

Step Two: Use a long strip of duct tape to connect the cardboard and foam around the mirror(In other words...the mirror should be sandwiched while you are taping) Leave about six inches off of the end of the foam end.

Step Three: Take the mirror of the middle and open it up. Us tape to cover the other side. (there sould be no cardboard or foam showing.)

Step Four: Trim the excess tape away from the sides. Glue the back of the mirror to the cardboard side. (I used HOT glue, but I've never tried anything else)

Step Five:" Put tape over the edge of the mirror and fold it over to the back side. (Only on three sides...)

Step Six: Stencil your design out of the other color of duct tape. The EASIEST way to do it is to make a solid sheet of tape, cut the design out, and use glue or clear packing tape to attatch it. Attatch the design to the back side of the foam piece. Cut/shape the end of the extra tape if you want to (I did) and attatch the velcro.

That should be it. If anything needs clarification, let me know. I'll be more than happy to help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

6iggle

art. fashion. love.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2005 12:16:23 PM »

Shocked wow.. thats so awesome!!
the watermelon and butterly ones are my fav Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

----------- >8

✯My ART Etsy!✯  www.paulinasu.etsy.com
✯My CLOTHING Etsy!✯  www.iiiNa.etsy.com

✯My Website!✯  www.paulinasu.com
ffancypantss
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2005 11:49:33 AM »

HOORAY FOR COOL DIABETICS! I am one myself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let there be songs to fill the air...

www.limabeads.etsy.com
dooney
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2005 12:05:27 PM »

off-topic, but i just tried those smoothies skittles and i love them, but my very very favorites are wildberry.
on-topic, your creations are neatly done and very imaginitive. kudos!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DTchick
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2005 11:36:54 AM »

Okay guys...here is the long awaited tutorial for the two colored purse. I had a lot of things come up this summer...and then band camp, so please don't be too too mad at me.

Two- Toned purse Tutorial by DTchick.

Materials: 2 colors of duct tape, scissors, stapler, posterboard (or something similar), possibly some Goo Gone. (Optional...velcro)
NOTE: Youll probably want to use your lighter color on the inside. If you dont, your bag ends up looking like a dark hole. Sorry I dont have actual pictures...I dropped my memory card into my computer...its gone.

1. Start by making sheets of duct tape. Lay your light color down first, sticky side up. Make sure it overlaps a little with each new piece you put down. ((image 1)) After you finish putting down all of the light colored tape, but the dark colored tape down sticky to sticky, still overlapping. If your purse is going to be the same size as mine is, you should end ups with two sides that are 9" by 6" (side A) and two that are 6" by 5"(side B). To make the bottom, measure a piece of posterboard or cereal box to be 9" by 5". Cover on side of it with on color, the other side with the other. (I use the poster board to make the bottom stronger) You should end up with pieces like this ((image 2))

2. Make sure all the sides and the bottom are facing dark side up. Put the bottom piece under t he sides so it is being overlapped the equally on each side. Attach each side to the bottom using dark colored tape.  When all the sides are taped on flip it over and attach using light tape on the light side.

3. Connect all the sides with light colored duct tape.

4. Make the straps to the length you want. Put one piece of light tape and one of dark sticky sides together and cut it in half. Staple (for strength) the dark side to dark side, light side to light side. Cover the staples in a piece of tape. (So you dont jab yourself later)

5. (Optional) I made a velcro closure for mine. I made a strip of tape like the handles (only thicker) and stapled it to one side. I put a velcro dot on the other side of the purse. That keeps the purse closed pretty well.

I hope that makes sense. If it doesn't....then reply here or PM me or Email me. Hopefully I'll be able to make sense of what I wrote.

Oh yeah...

((IMAGE ONE))

((IMAGE TWO))
THIS ROCKS   Logged

owalkerjillo

Ve**ns rule :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2005 02:02:54 PM »

what brand of tape do you use? I dont' think duck brand makes the muted pink and blue you've got in that two toned purse. I'm very interested Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DTchick
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2005 02:54:48 PM »

what brand of tape do you use? I dont' think duck brand makes the muted pink and blue you've got in that two toned purse. I'm very interested Cheesy

Maybethe picture is bad...I used Duck Funky Flamingo for the pink in that purse. I usually just shop around to see whatI can find. That blue isn't really duct tape; it's double stick tape I got at Big Lots. I thought it was duct until I opened it. (darn unmarked Big Lots tape...) so I ended up covering my entire purse in clear packing tape. Maybe someday I'll buy some better colors off of the 'net. I hear Tapemonster is good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Extreme Website Makeover - Introduction and Project Background
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use the Patch Tool
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Create Textures and Patterns
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Healing and Fading
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - The Healing Brush and the Options Bar
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Reusable Dryer Sheets
Tute Tuesday: Painted Background
Easy Summer Salads

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...