A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
769 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 3 Bracelets and 1 Headband (img chunky!)  (Read 859 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kitsue43
Conspiracy Theorist.

Gamers unite!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 25, 2011 01:57:39 AM »

So nice to be back on craftster! I've missed you guys ♥  Grin
Using my summer to finally get rid of my stash of odds and ends.  Wink

Spiffy new bracelet I made this afternoon : ) ♥ followed this tute with some alterations: http://www.studs-and-pearls.com/2010/08/diy-braided-chain-bracelet.html?showComment=1308883403339#c8914995365290019192
Close up:

Totally cut my thumb while making this :p

Made a nice headband out of some lime colored yarn, and matching elastic from an old dollar store hair-tie.

Totally gonna make one in a cream and rust color  Smiley Maybe I'll dye some yarn?

Jet-setting bracelet! Smiley Made this one from the other half of the gold chain from the first bracelet, braided some blue suede strands, worked the charms from a set of dollar store old wine glass ring markers into the weave pattern and finished it with some sewn-in glass beads. I added the little blue bow button at the end because it reminded me of Hello Kitty : ) ♥
I have a tiny passport charm I want to add, but it's have no way to be attached. I'll have to glue it to something. so this is not yet complete.

lol this one is an old bracelet from my days when I thought I could actually braid friendship bracelets. I cannot. So this was a sad attempt at the bottom of my box for a few months. Decided to finish it and do some loose braids with a button closure. This may or may not see the light of day depending on how ridiculous I decide it looks  Tongue

haha although blurry, you can see my near effort at the beginning and lack thereof everywhere else.

And if anyone's curious, the "wallpaper" in the back is actually a poster that I painted to relieve some stress back in high school. I highly reccommend painting to everyone! Smiley thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sora: I've... I've been having these weird thoughts lately. Like...Is any of this real... Or not?
Antidigger
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011 07:57:09 AM »

I'd never have thought of using wine charms. What a bright idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Baked Catfish with Green Beans and Sweet Onions
How to Make Orange Chicken Burgers
How to Make Candied Clementines
Tangy Vinaigrette Recipe
How to Make Lemon Meringue Pie
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...