A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,312
Currently Running With Scissors:
533 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Norton Clay Grinding Wheels  (Read 204 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

palerider126
« on: March 09, 2015 08:58:55 PM »

I have a lot of Norton Clay grinding wheels. They range between 4 to 6 inches in diameter. Lets deduce they are not usable as intended, what other ways could they be used besides lining the inside of my garbage can?

ty
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jazzminh
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015 08:44:43 AM »

I wonder how thick and heavy the wheels are. Could they be hung up as a mobile/wind chime? Decorated to serve as paper weights? Do you have enough to use as markers or borders in the garden?
Stacked around a wood pole they could make the base of a small table. Maybe place on the bottom of large planters instead of stones for drainage.
In any event, before throwing them out try advertising on Craig's list or the like - people (like me!) sometimes find a use for the weirdest things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
palerider126
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015 05:36:34 PM »

I wonder how thick and heavy the wheels are. Could they be hung up as a mobile/wind chime? Decorated to serve as paper weights? Do you have enough to use as markers or borders in the garden?
Stacked around a wood pole they could make the base of a small table. Maybe place on the bottom of large planters instead of stones for drainage.
In any event, before throwing them out try advertising on Craig's list or the like - people (like me!) sometimes find a use for the weirdest things.

It says 5/8 inch thick on each wheel. But they are used, so its slightly less than that.  I was thinking that they would make great row markers or borders as well. I did not think of them using them as a a replacement for stones in the bottom of pots....  Ty

Hopefully, there will be more great ideas.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Vidal Sassoon Hair Guru and Mr. Wash and Go Dies
How to Create the Rockettes French Twist Hairstyle
3 New Hair Products to Help You Look Beautiful
How to Use Dry Shampoo
How to Easily Stop Frizzy and Static Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mother's Day Fridge Clip
Robin crafts! Hello spring!
I Scream, You Scream...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...