A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,356
Currently Running With Scissors:
465 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Aussie Meet a Craftster swap  (Read 1811 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nilmerg

I'm inspired by all your posts to craft some more

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 22, 2011 05:40:25 PM »

Ok, so I've been really excited about how many active craftsters we have here in Australia and I'd love to catch up with a couple, wouldn't you?!

So here is my idea, although I'm very open to suggestions too:

In the questionaire you will be asked how for you are prepared to travel to catch up. So for me, my closest city is Wagga, but I'd be prepared to travel to Canberra or Aulbury as they are within a reasonable drive too. So I'd list those. There would also be a question about how many people you would be prepared to craft for 1-3? I'm thinking it would be a wist/pintrest type swap with either the number of points to be decided between partners or maybe a 5 point suggested limit? I'd be suggesting a 3 week crafting time, but this would also depend on the date to meet up.

Then would come the tricky part, I would go through the questionaires and put people into partners and also area groups. So if there were 5 crafters prepared to travel to Canberra then I would partner them up and also group them up. So hopefully all the partners could meet at the same time and meet people even if they didn't craft for them. If we had any crafters that didn't have someone close by, then they would be virtually partnered, sending by post and maybe having a skype meet up if the wanted to?

So once partners and groups were set up, it would then be down to you guys to arrange your catch up. I'd suggest a public place, a mall, cafe/resturant and preferably one close to some craft stores so you can do a bit of brousing together! If kidlets will be present, maybe a play centre would be a better venue. I'd also suggest that this was all done via PM and your catch up time or place would not be published publicly until after you have met (this is the wierd old intenet afterall!) although as organiser I'd appreciate to know when you have arranged your date and place just so I can keep track. If it isn't possible for the whole group to meet then there is always the option of just meeting your partner/s.

I think to fulfil the swap requirements and get positive feedback I could only insist that crafted items are exchanged (in person OPR by post). The meet up part would be a bonus because as you know 'life happens' and it might not be possible to fulfil this part and it would be stupid to get negative feedback as a result of that.

Would anyone have concerns about group photos being posted after the meet ups? I think it would be interesting for overseas craftsters to see our Aussie faces too!

Anyone interested? Any suggestions? And concerns?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tanza
Angel in the making....

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011 07:07:33 PM »

sounds great.....anyone else in Perth?

I'd love to fly over East but it ain't gonna happen anytime soon  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
kwiltykate
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011 07:23:59 PM »

Sounds like a great idea nilmerg! I'm in Adelaide, probably wont be able to do any interstate travel in the near future due to the family commitments, but would be interested in a 'virtual' meet up if there isnt another SA craftster.

I like the idea of a gallery with people IN the photo holding their crafted item, would be a bit more personal than a normal swap. Another thought would be to keep it to just ONE spectacular crafted item specifically for your partner - something that would completely blow them away - could be WIST inspired?

I would LOVE a Christmas swap if anyone is interested in organising one? Maybe an Aussie ornament swap?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SilverMoon
Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011 07:39:20 PM »

I'm up for a Melbourne meet, if no one wants to come to Geelong, but count me out for Xmas time - too busy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥ Susan

Pinterest
nilmerg

I'm inspired by all your posts to craft some more

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011 07:48:08 PM »

Yes, I'm hoping that we can avoid interstate travel and do virtual meetups for lone craftsters! Kate, I think I swapped with another Aussie in Adelade once before, I'll look her up and send her a PM about the thread. I'm happy to do something Christmas orientated in a few months.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011 11:50:24 PM by nilmerg » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mod35tBabe
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011 08:12:31 PM »

I'm interested too. I can make it to Canberra pretty easily, plus areas of the Snowy Mountains like Jindabyne or Adaminaby (there's not much else between there and Tumut lol) and I will be going to Melbourne near Christmas time so I could even offer there if the timing is right. I swapped with an Aussie from Brisbane before so I'll let her know too...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please',I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
41 SWAPS COMPLETE
2 IN PROCESS

~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
How Lovely
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011 11:08:05 PM »

This sounds fun! I could do Sydney / Wollongong, I actually met a girl on here the other day and we go to the same uni!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm sweet... Like too much sugar in your tea
~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
Pins: www.pinterest.com/howlovely
Store: www.etsy.com/shop/NostOWLgia
NatACT

My little man - wrapped in mummy's craft :D

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011 12:31:49 AM »

Ummm... I could maybe make it to Canberra.   Wink

But in saying that I am happy to do the standard postal swap. But I do know the best of the crafty goodness that Canberra has to offer so I'm happy either way Smiley

I love the idea of a Wish type swap. Would it run like the Ongoing OWS swaps? (the OWS is my very most favourite swap, lol)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Up for a Personal Swap?

Send me an email Cheesy
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011 01:56:20 AM »

This sounds fun! I could do Sydney / Wollongong, I actually met a girl on here the other day and we go to the same uni!!

And that would be me! I could also do both those locations Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NatACT

My little man - wrapped in mummy's craft :D

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2011 09:08:50 PM »

I just had a thought, what about the Canberra Craft and Quilt Fair.
Those who can make it to Canberra, we could save our pennies and meet there. http://www.craftfair.com.au/Canberra2011/ Its held on the 11th - 14th of August.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Up for a Personal Swap?

Send me an email Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
VF COLLECTIONS: Martin Grant Spring/Summer 2015 - Paris Fashion Week
VF NEWS: Martin Grant Spring/Summer 2015 - Paris Fashion Week
4 Ways to Wear Distressed Jeans
How to Pull Off Wearing a Turtleneck Like Kim Kardashian
10 Moto Jackets for Under $200
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...