A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,684
Currently Running With Scissors:
618 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: a bad time to swap- when you are out of town for awhile!  (Read 1404 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

blupaisan
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crayyyyyyzeeeeeee about cats!!!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/WackobelleEarrings

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 22, 2011 01:01:44 PM »

I have had to resend things twice in the past few weeks because my stuff seemed not to be getting there. Only to find out, after resending, that the person was out of town or out of the country for a long time. (several weeks.) I think that if you know you are going to be out of town for most of the swap, you should either say this up front so we can all be warned, or wait for a better time to join a swap.  thanks for listening. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It were lightnin'...
amigurl55

I already did!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011 06:52:35 AM »

Agreed!  If you're going to be out of town for an extended period of time, don't swap.  In my last swap, 2 swappers went on a short vacation (few days) and didn't think it was important to mention that to anyone.  The least they could do is let us know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I told you: I only wrote that poem to test my printer!

My etsy shop: http://dollycouture55.etsy.com
Larissa-Rasputin
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011 06:43:41 PM »

Ep!  With mail costing what it does, that would suck.  Very inconsiderate of them for several different reasons.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest (much larger than my wist)
My Wists

Interested in personal swaps Smiley
GeekySweetheart
Tutorial Contributor

Personal Swap me!

Who you callin' scruffy lookin'?

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011 02:40:25 AM »

oh my gosh, bad stuff! it's bad enough that they didn't let you know, but to leave it to the point that you have to resend is just horrendous!  Sad Sad some people *faceplam*

x GS
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ThreadOrYarn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011 09:43:58 AM »

I have had to resend things twice in the past few weeks because my stuff seemed not to be getting there. Only to find out, after resending, that the person was out of town or out of the country for a long time.

Huh they didn't say if it arrived or not but you had to re-send anyway?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Willowe
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011 11:06:26 AM »

I have had to resend things twice in the past few weeks because my stuff seemed not to be getting there. Only to find out, after resending, that the person was out of town or out of the country for a long time.

I know some of the papercraft swaps say that you have to resend if it doesn't arrive. For example if you send in a plain envelope, thus can't get a DC# and have no proof that you sent beyond you saying that you did. Maybe that's the case here?

And bluepaisan I agree with what you said completely. If I know I'm going to be going on extended vacations I PM the organizer to check that it's okay if I join the swap before even filling out my questionnaire. That way they can decide whether it would just be too much trouble, or they at least have advance notice that I'm going to be away. I'm sorry your partners weren't considerate enough to let you know they weren't going to be around. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
     -None Smiley

My Etsy
My Pinterest
ThreadOrYarn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011 01:07:50 PM »

I know some of the papercraft swaps say that you have to resend if it doesn't arrive. For example if you send in a plain envelope, thus can't get a DC# and have no proof that you sent beyond you saying that you did. Maybe that's the case here?

I understand that, I've had that happen to me too and I've re-sent things after my partner said she didn't get it. I'm just a little confused about resending before the partner says 'yes or no' if it arrived.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011 06:55:10 PM »

I understand that, I've had that happen to me too and I've re-sent things after my partner said she didn't get it. I'm just a little confused about resending before the partner says 'yes or no' if it arrived.

Yeah... I don't think anyone should have to re-send without knowing for sure if the item wasn't receive. When that has happened in swaps I've organized I always open a help desk ticket and as far as I can remember no one had to resend if the receiver never confirmed if they did/did not receive. With no communication it should just be assumed they received. That's my thinking anyway
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
Annchen

Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011 12:33:26 AM »

A swapper I sent to went MIA and didn't say if they received or not. It was international and the receipt was nowhere to be found (I must have accidentally thrown it out) but I still got positive feedback since the organiser took my word for it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amigurl55

I already did!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2011 01:40:27 PM »

Do those MIA get negative feedback for never saying if they received or not?  I hope so, but the swap feedback system is somewhat lacking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I told you: I only wrote that poem to test my printer!

My etsy shop: http://dollycouture55.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bermuda Travel Guide - WaterLot Inn
Snack Recipes
Beef Brisket Recipe
Super Bowl Food
Healthy Super Bowl Food
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...