A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,042
Currently Running With Scissors:
438 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Janome Hello Kitty Sewing Machine  (Read 917 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shannon1976
« on: April 21, 2011 09:35:06 PM »

OK, I admit a lot of the reason I wanted it is because it is HK.....Does anyone own this machine and if so, I have questions about the tension for different materials and if yours binds up a lot (thread from needle binding in bobbin). I am wondering if I am doing something wrong  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AugustBell
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011 06:37:46 AM »

Hey someone has given me a Janome Sew Mini machine so I've been looking into the Janome machines a lot lately.  I found a video on youtube that explains the Janome tension setting....just search for it. I'm at work otherwise I could find it for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chloelicorice
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011 09:51:45 PM »

I have a Janome and mine does the same thing even though it's practically brand-new, and in perfect condition.

Here's a tip. The manufacturers tension setting is 4. The manuals don't have a chart, or any kind of a tension guide to tell you how to set it for what type of project so you have to kind of guess. For general sewing set the tension to 2. The manufacturer should set it that way but they don't.

My Janome jams up a lot and sometimes skips stitches; that is just the way these machines are. They are mid-priced, and I don't think the quality is up to par. I understand why you bought the Hello Kitty model; I almost bought that one. If it really bothers you and if you have the money, then upgrade.

Brother makes inexpensive machines that are pretty good. When people say that Brother machines suck, it is probably because they didn't take care of it, or they bought theirs used, and the machine was broken when they got it. If you don't have much money get a Brother, but don't buy another Janome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mrsflibble

will work for yarn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011 05:11:13 AM »

I have a Brother and a Jones (brother's budget range) and both are second hand and excellent. I can understand why you bought a hello kitty sewing machine, they're adorable but personally I'd prefer to get a better machine and some vinyl HK decals from ebay Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lique
My Motto: If you can't find it, buy another one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011 09:04:58 PM »

I am a major Janome fan and have had great machines so far. I bought my daughter the green HK machine and after some reading found out that it needs metal bobbins to work correctly for some reason. I use her machine all the time and it sew great for such a basic machine.

Try the metal bobbins.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Make This Stir-Fry With Leftover Chicken
Noodle War at Umang 2013
Shrimp Pad Thai Recipe
Coconut Mango Rice With Chicken
Vietnamese Sandwich With Marinaded Beef and Red Cabbage Coleslaw
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!
Meatless Monday: Vegan, Raw, Gluten Free Chocolate Bars

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...