A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,451
Currently Running With Scissors:
411 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I Heart Bicycles Swap (signups to 6/30; sendouts 8/15)  (Read 4021 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rangerbeth
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2011 11:22:52 AM »

DO IT P.KOK! Do it. Seriously. Do it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

missmlissa
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2011 10:39:03 AM »

Yay!  I can't wait to get started!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
karizmatic
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2011 08:06:41 AM »

ollieorange - thanks for the birthday greeting!!!

speaking of bikes... i have not really checked messages in the last couple of days because for my birthday, my husband and i took our bikes on the train and headed south for some warmth (i live in san francisco and it was in the low 60s this weekend and going south gives us another 10 degrees), then took a meandering ride back, exploring a whole bunch of little cute neighborhoods along the way.

and while i'm at at, pics of my babies:
1983 Giant RS920 (Used this when I was commuting in LA)

This year, talked my husband into getting a bike and when he did, I realized how heavy mine was, so I ended up getting another one, too (Specialized Dolce)

I am having trouble letting go of the green one, but i've been eyeing one shaped more like this (i want one in red, though):

so i'll probably have to sell the Green Giant to make room.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.karizmatic.com
nerd. serial hobbyist. militant friendly.
gingerpeachy
Will swap for heart-shaped buttons

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2011 11:51:44 PM »

fancy bikes! i love them Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly known as Sinellia.
little-cupcake
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2011 01:40:56 AM »

I love the last one! Mine is like the last one but old and decorated with a lot of flowers! You know the kind of bike tourist make pictures of if the go to Amsterdam (Really happened..)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pleas visit my website at www.designwolk.com!
missmlissa
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011 10:30:09 AM »

Are we showing our baby pictures?  Yay!

This is my baby.  Her name is Bad Kitty.

We also have a tandem bike but I find it really hard to relinquish control to my SO and vice versa. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
karizmatic
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011 11:39:33 AM »

missmlissa that Bad Kitty is a beaut!!! (is that a flourescent green chain guard?!) LOVE LOVE LOVE!

little-cupcake - the basket with flowers is EXACTLY why i want one of those! i have total bike vanity and can't put it on my roadie. i even have vanity for my roadie - made a custom seat bag for my bike to match my white/grape paint (white bag, purple zipper, purple fabric interior with sparkly purple pockets)... a recent bike conversation in my house:

husband: "so, basically, you want a $500 basket?" ($20 basket, $480 bike to put it on)
wife (me): "yes."
husband: "um. ok."
wife: "that or take apart and have the green one custom painted, find the time and leave a bunch of bike parts laying around while i change the handle bars, upgrade cables, replace cranks and gears, THEN put a basket on IT. then my basket would cost more like $800 - $1000. what do you think?"
husband: "um. ok."

ok - i'll shut up now. (sorry - just really bikecited!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.karizmatic.com
p.kok
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2011 12:44:50 AM »

my bike isn't really cool, it's just a generic trekking bike from an Austrian sports equipment store. My father bought it for me when my original bike was stolen 5 years ago. that one was awesome, they literally don't make bikes like that anymore (it was a Slovenian company that produces skies and tried it with bikes for 2 years but that didn't really go that well. but they were really pretty and with awesome equipment and very cheap). I haven't been really sporty since then, until this year when i was more or less forced to start riding the bike to work (well, not having a drivers license does that to you:)). Now I really want this one. Really want it.

http://www.thetristore.com/products/VitaSport2011.jpg

but it costs more then my monthly salary so I have to convince my father to buy it for me:)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011 05:04:32 PM by jungrrl - Reason: please do not hotlink images » THIS ROCKS   Logged

missmlissa
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2011 07:06:02 AM »

missmlissa that Bad Kitty is a beaut!!! (is that a flourescent green chain guard?!) LOVE LOVE LOVE!

little-cupcake - the basket with flowers is EXACTLY why i want one of those! i have total bike vanity and can't put it on my roadie. i even have vanity for my roadie - made a custom seat bag for my bike to match my white/grape paint (white bag, purple zipper, purple fabric interior with sparkly purple pockets)

AND she has florescent green rims too!  That's the part that gets hoots and hollers all over town: "Hey!  I like your rims!"  Grin

I think we need to see a pic of your bike all done up with its accessories!

I'm also bicycle vain.  Since she has such a distinctive colour scheme I tend to want everything to be black, green and white or (now) tan.  Even the bike trailer for my little guy matches!  I was a little heartbroken when my seat broke and I had to get a new one and THE one was tan but its a really nice seat with a built in light and it doesn't look bad on her.

My SO collects old bikes like trading cards.  He just loves to find 'em and fix 'em.  It's not unusual for us to have 5 or 6 on hand.  But we usually end up as bike fairies finding the best home for each one.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
karizmatic
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2011 12:10:54 PM »

hey, bike peeps! just wanted to check in and say hello! when do we get partners? i'm already so excited!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.karizmatic.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 19/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 15/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 16/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 17/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 14/30
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...