A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,309
Currently Running With Scissors:
435 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP Round 29 - Lughnasadh 2011 (Sign ups 06/15/11 to 6/22/11, Sendouts 07/25/11)  (Read 10431 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

spazgirl1981
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Betsy Snow White

I took up croquet today and I'm on fire!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2011 08:52:57 PM »

Being kidnapped by Gypsies is an amazing excuse for being away from the swaps for a bit. Smiley Your troupe is gorgeous and I am completely jealous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Saturn
The Ditzy Gypsy

Dance first. Think later.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2011 01:27:35 PM »

Thanks Spazgirl!  Grin

Is there any sort of discussion group for WWP anywhere?

Welcome and Merry Meet IceKibby!

Generally the swap thread (as in, the one you're reading now) is more talkative about all things WWP and swap related. It's what has made this group so tight-knit and enduring. WWP swaps have been going strong since 2008, mostly due to the closeness of this little community within Craftster, and the willingness of the several great organizers we've had in the past that have kept it all running as long as it has been. I still can't comprehend that this is Round 29! Before 2008, these swaps were held off and on by different people, the first technical Wiccan swap considered to be WWP Round 1 was in 2005! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=27096.0

I guess that makes me some sort of WWP historian, lol!

But this community is fantastic! So if you have anything WWP related or craft related, this is definitely a great place to discuss it. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently in:
WWP Round 29 Lughnasdagh 2011 swap!
Date to send item by: 07-25-11
Icekibby

Leopardprint Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2011 05:03:58 PM »

Wonderful to hear, Saturn! I look forward to being part of things here. I love the group at the ATC forum I hang out at, but sometimes I really want to make something other than an ATC, chunky page, or bookmark. Cheesy

I can't wait to participate more often. I've been trying to fit it in all year so far and only now managed to get that mystical alignment of eligibility, time, and courage. lol I've already come up with some suitable ideas ready to meld with my partner-to-be's preferences.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist: http://www.wists.com/IceKat

Will swap for 1:12 exotic & magical dollhouse furniture and accessories, amigurumi, magical poppets.
Saturn
The Ditzy Gypsy

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2011 05:25:53 PM »

That's awesome Smiley I think ATC's, chunky pages, and interesting bookmarks would be great additions to a Book of Shadows, though!

Totally understand about the mystical alignment of eligibility, time, and courage! When I did my first swap I was definitely fret with swap anxiety, it all worked out though!

In other news, I just found out that the psychic place 5 minutes down the road from me is also a metaphysical shop that sells candles, crystals, books and other witchy stuff--now I just have to sum up enough courage to go check it out on my own! I always feel so awkward going to a new shop for the first few times, sometimes it sucks being a solitary, lol! My other shop I go to is such a long drive from me I hardly ever get around to going...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently in:
Icekibby

Leopardprint Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2011 05:40:28 PM »

It's very true, these items are great additions for a BOS or other sort of magical journal.

Don't be afraid to go into a shop like that. If they don't make you feel welcome, they don't deserve your business. We're really lucky here because I'm part of a public temple, and the high priest owns the Occult Shop downstairs so all the staff are members of some sort. I have been in shops, though, where the energy was just not nice. I actually had to pull over once after leaving such a place so that I could ground into a tree because the energy felt as though it was clinging to me. Just be aware of how you're feeling (aside from the general anxiety of going in alone). Aren't there other solitaries nearby who might go with you? Or an open-minded friend?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist: http://www.wists.com/IceKat

Will swap for 1:12 exotic & magical dollhouse furniture and accessories, amigurumi, magical poppets.
hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2011 08:44:32 PM »

Nice history, Saturn!

We missed you!   Kiss

I think I may do as Wulf is doing, haunting the thread. I am trying to not overdo it right now, but I am SO keeping up on our little community!

I just cleared a LOT of weeds outta my garden....6 garbage cans worth or so, including a small oak we cut down. I'm pooped.  Smiley

I visit my local "hippie shop" since they have crystals and stuff. I would love to have a metaphysical shop around here but I try to get everything between the hippie shop and the health food store since there isn't one around!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2011 11:04:48 PM »

Saturn, you're very much a historian lol

As for me, I finished moving into my aunt's place about two hours. I'm so worn out lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/lunaestrelladesign/
Deviantart: http://melonpan-alichan.deviantart.com/

Will happily do personal swaps Smiley I'm busy so I may be a bit slow, but I do enjoy swapping <3
FinRaziel
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2011 07:13:41 AM »

oh how ive missed the WWP swaps...im going to have to sign up for this one.

hi everyone! hope you have all been well  Smiley
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011 07:14:02 AM by FinRaziel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

make a friend swap: planning/crafting
one tiny stuffie round 5: crafting!

15/50 projects in 2011: link

wists.com/FinRaziel
holistic knitter
Current Swaps:

Peace comes from within

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2011 11:27:37 AM »

I'm in ;0)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Saturn
The Ditzy Gypsy

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2011 12:41:45 PM »

Don't be afraid to go into a shop like that. If they don't make you feel welcome, they don't deserve your business. We're really lucky here because I'm part of a public temple, and the high priest owns the Occult Shop downstairs so all the staff are members of some sort. I have been in shops, though, where the energy was just not nice. I actually had to pull over once after leaving such a place so that I could ground into a tree because the energy felt as though it was clinging to me. Just be aware of how you're feeling (aside from the general anxiety of going in alone). Aren't there other solitaries nearby who might go with you? Or an open-minded friend?

Unfortunately, I really don't know any solitaries--one of the reasons why I should really hang around places like this more, lol. They have meditation classes I should go to once in a while--I tend to operate on a very high level of stress, so it would probably be good for me mentally/physically as well. Only problem is that their classes have already started and they seem to run in courses so I'll have to wait until they start up again. Tongue I'll make it there this week--new goal!

Also, Happy Litha everyone!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently in:
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Peachpit TV: Photoshop CS3 - Make It Rain
How a Pixel Gets its Color - Bayer Sensor
Overlay Adjustment layer in Photoshop
How to Edit a Composite Image
How to Read a Target Using Adobe Lightroom
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding
Spotlight on: Smoothies with Recipe Goodness
Pamper Yourself!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...