A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 307,988
Currently Running With Scissors:
224 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Decked Out for Deathly Hallows Part II GALLERY!  (Read 92249 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , harry_potter_swap_gallery  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lrigrem

<3 HP, Twilight, Halloween

View Profile WWW
« Reply #410 on: July 15, 2011 02:29:18 PM »

I honestly thought the coolest part in 3D was all the little stuff: the fog & mist swirling, the ashes falling; that kind of stuff looked really neat to me.  The fight & Gringotts scene was cool, but I honestly liked the little details way more.  I was amazed how it looked having the little ashes flying past me.  I had crappy seats in the front rows, though, so the big stuff might have been better if I was further back.  I got in line around 9:45pm, and heard almost immediately that they were letting us in early to take seats.  Which would have been perfect if I had the tickets, but my friend had them & was running late, so I had to let everyone go in front of me.  Tongue  Didn't matter though, we still had a great time!

It was a fantastic night.  I gave some chocolate frogs & peppermint toads out to people in line & had my picture taken with strangers b/c I dressed up (school uniform, slytherin scarf (thanks sdelnegro514!), and floor length black wool cape lined with green satin, not to mention my puff & monster book of monsters that came with me in my purse!).  It was BRILLIANT!  I'm a little sad that I don't have any pictures of me, but maybe I'll be able to find them online somewhere... Smiley

Maybe we should be putting :::Spoiler::: alerts on posts that give details on what happens in the movie.  I know at least one person mentioned they can't see it until next week.  Maybe make the font for that part yellow or some other light color so it's not as easy to read without highlighting the text (I see we can't do "white" font colors for invisible text)?

The 'Astronomy Tower" costume?  Wow, that's amazing!  I hope you got photos!

The entire package from Noxika is amazing, the Hagrid doll is FABULOUS (I think it's my fav doll I've seen done. period.  he is AWESOME.), and I love the potions earrings (I HAVE TO FIND THOSE LITTLE BOTTLES!) & the DH celtic knot?  <3  I wanna hug that shirt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ask a Gentern who they prefer, ten out of nine will say "The Pavi!" <3 Oghr!
Repo! The Genetic Opera R3 Swap
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=401054.0

http://pinterest.com/lrigrem/
Audania1
I really want to go to Disney World again

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #411 on: July 15, 2011 03:23:36 PM »

I agree that there should be a  spoiler warning. Maybe something like this: SPOILER  . I saw the movie last night and loved it, though I did nitpick about the book, but it does kind of suck to accidentally read something when you haven't seen the movie yet.

Anyway, i LOVE the package Noxica sent! I think I need to do a private swap with her Wink.  Also love the Hagrid! And anyone who has Pinkleo for a partner should have known they would get spoiled! I should know, she was mine last round. Wink Love that Luna sweater! And the Celtic deathly hallows symbol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got tons of new stuff in my store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyWyldChild?ref=ss_profile
My Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/audreynh/
Noxika
« Reply #412 on: July 15, 2011 06:32:36 PM »

Aw, thanks for all the lovely feedback guys!  Kiss

That ABC's bag is amazing! Was it handpainted?
[/quote

It was stenciled with shiny gold fabric paint- which, all those little letters on an A4 sheet of paper - rather ambitious for my first attempt at stenciling I think. lol.

And yes, *Spoiler Warnings* would be good - I haven't seen the movie yet.  Cry Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Interrobam
she-who-is-relatively-good-at-several-things

as human as humanly possible

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #413 on: July 15, 2011 06:36:18 PM »

So. I just got back from seeing the movie. And I have a story.

SPOILER FOR THE GENERAL PLOT BUT NOTHING SPECIFIC TO THE MOVIE

I was in the theater, totally engrossed in the final battle. Just as Molly was opening her mouth to deliver the famous 'Not my daughter' line the screen went black and the fire alarms went off. Every one of the fans in the pretty packed theater, some of who were in costume, started freaking out, but we all filed out anyway. I was pretty mad because this place was infamous for false fire alarms, in fact I've had four movies interrupted that way in the past. Luckily when I went to customer services the guy said they would be starting the movie where it left off (probably feeling that a Harry Potter Fan riot was imminent if they didn't) so I rushed back in. They had some issues starting it again, twice they did it without audio and once they skipped ahead a scene. They eventually put the sound on and rewinded it to about ten minutes before the scene where it had stopped. We all just started clapping anyway because we didn't want them to mess it up again.

The good news was being put through this experience weeded out the less hardcore fans and everyone who was left felt so unified that we all gave a standing ovation once Bellatrix actually died.

SPOILERS FOR THE MOVIE SPECIFICALLY

(Also when Neville said he was going to confess that he likes Luna, I might have yelled out 'YEAH!' and fistpumped.)

END OF SPOILERS
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011 06:42:25 PM by Interrobam » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mini Halloween Swap: Package: SENT and RECEIVED

Pinterest
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's a long story.

« Reply #414 on: July 15, 2011 06:44:27 PM »

Spoiler-free post:
There is so much awesomeness here! That book of solitaire games looks fascinating. Must Google them.

Ex_Gratia 's book full of games sure was a treat at the movie last night! Our theater was very nice to us. We got in just as it was getting too dark to see and they left the lights on inside until it was time to start so everyone could see, take pictures of costumes, etc.

Ps- did anyone else notice the unusual quiet on here last night and this morning?  Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011 07:49:51 PM by Calabaza » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ZombriNation
« Reply #415 on: July 15, 2011 07:40:07 PM »

(Also when Neville said he was going to confess that he likes Luna, I might have yelled out 'YEAH!' and fistpumped.)

I thought i was the only one who screamed and fistpumped for that!!! Ahhh!!!
I'm so happy that it happened!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Your past is just a story. And once you realize this it has no power over you.
sarabunny

Addicted to Swapping

« Reply #416 on: July 15, 2011 07:44:14 PM »

I thought i was the only one who screamed and fistpumped for that!!! Ahhh!!!
I'm so happy that it happened!!!

And the awkward smiling aftermath moment! D'aaaaawwwww! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TimetravelingArchaeologist

Artist, Siren, Immortal, Goddess, Mother, Wife, Geek, Writer

You and me, time and space. You watch us run!

« Reply #417 on: July 15, 2011 11:37:08 PM »

I received an amazing swap package from Whats_Her_Name  today.  And let me tell you! Anyone who gets her for a partner in future swaps is super lucky! Shes got skillz!
Sorry for the pic overload.

A lovely Pair of S.P.E.W. socks. Though I'm not so sure I'd free a house elf. With small children in the house they are needed lol. (noticed the sticker after I took the pic)
These will be getting lots of use when I sit at my desk because I have an a/c vent next to my feet. Also on trips home to Alaska.

An AMAZING! purse to help me blend in with the Muggles while on the run. That was brilliant because my current dragon hide bag is a dead give away for a Witch. I promptly put everything I normally carry with me inside and it all fits nicely. So no worries about not being able to add an extension charm.

and the inside

Next up was a stationary set. I don't know if I can bring myself to write on these lol. They are awesome!
Note cards (with envelopes)

Notebook with my real name on it Smiley  I forgot to take pics of the inside, but the paper is lined with a faded image that matches the cover.

And some lovely Chocolate Frogs. Made by Elves with only the best Chocolate lol. I adored these and shared with a friend of mine this evening while watching the movie in 3D. They came in handy because I'm pretty sure we were surrounded by Dementors since we were feeling pretty sad with all the deaths.

All together now...

Thanks for the awesome swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the middle of the journey of our life I found myself within a dark woods where the straight way was lost. - Dante Alighieri, Inferno
TimetravelingArchaeologist

Artist, Siren, Immortal, Goddess, Mother, Wife, Geek, Writer

You and me, time and space. You watch us run!

« Reply #418 on: July 15, 2011 11:45:40 PM »

I hope that nobody minds if I post this here as well. It wasn't part of the swap, I made it for myself. But it turned out so well I had to share.

I didn't wear this to the midnight show because I was dressed up as Bellatrix in my overly complicated corseted ensemble with 800 feet of awesome hair that wasn't mine, figured I get some more use out of it since I bough it solely for a convention lol. But I did wear this to the second showing I went to today with friends.

It's a freezer paper stencil painted with black acrylic paint. I dabbed the paint on that way to match it to the sleeves. It looks better in person.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the middle of the journey of our life I found myself within a dark woods where the straight way was lost. - Dante Alighieri, Inferno
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #419 on: July 16, 2011 05:40:21 AM »

Dear Potions Students,
Everyone in Potions Class should have feedback.  Please check your profile.  If something is amiss, PM me, and I shall take care of it.  Thank you for a wonderful swap!

Sincerely,
Professor Pinkleo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Placemat Shoulder Purse
We Can Do It!
Meatless Monday: Squash and Onion Galette

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...