A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,732
Currently Running With Scissors:
579 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Decked Out for Deathly Hallows Part II GALLERY!  (Read 71153 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , harry_potter_swap_gallery  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Samantha_McKay
Artist, Siren, Immortal, Goddess, Mother, Wife, Geek, Writer

You and me, time and space. You watch us run!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #420 on: July 15, 2011 11:45:40 PM »

I hope that nobody minds if I post this here as well. It wasn't part of the swap, I made it for myself. But it turned out so well I had to share.

I didn't wear this to the midnight show because I was dressed up as Bellatrix in my overly complicated corseted ensemble with 800 feet of awesome hair that wasn't mine, figured I get some more use out of it since I bough it solely for a convention lol. But I did wear this to the second showing I went to today with friends.

It's a freezer paper stencil painted with black acrylic paint. I dabbed the paint on that way to match it to the sleeves. It looks better in person.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Helen Magnus: No killing!
Nikola Tesla: Said the woman with a gun to a vampire.

The Doctor: Shout if you get into trouble
River Song : Don't worry I'm quite the screamer.. now there's a spoiler for you .
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #421 on: July 16, 2011 05:40:21 AM »

Dear Potions Students,
Everyone in Potions Class should have feedback.  Please check your profile.  If something is amiss, PM me, and I shall take care of it.  Thank you for a wonderful swap!

Sincerely,
Professor Pinkleo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interrobam
she-who-is-relatively-good-at-several-things

as human as humanly possible

« Reply #422 on: July 16, 2011 06:09:57 AM »

SPOILERS FOR THE MOVIE SPECIFICALLY

(Also when Neville said he was going to confess that he likes Luna, I might have yelled out 'YEAH!' and fistpumped.)

I thought i was the only one who screamed and fistpumped for that!!! Ahhh!!!
I'm so happy that it happened!!!

And the awkward smiling aftermath moment! D'aaaaawwwww! Grin

Oh man the awkward aftermath was the best! I have to admit, I never completely forgave JK for not making them a couple, but that moment made it all alright.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mini Halloween Swap: Package: SENT and RECEIVED

Pinterest
whats_her_name
« Reply #423 on: July 16, 2011 07:00:35 AM »

I received an amazing swap package from Whats_Her_Name  today.  And let me tell you! Anyone who gets her for a partner in future swaps is super lucky! Shes got skillz!

Thanks for the awesome swap!

So glad you got it before ONE of your trips to the movies!  Smiley  I had a lot of fun with the swap and I loved writing the scroll of parchment most of all - the storyline of a Death Eater on the run was so much fun!!  I'll have to post everything I wrote, but it's on my other computer right now...

Now it's MY turn to say a BIG thank you for the swap!!  I have seriously been turning my house upside down and I can't find my camera's memory card.  I think I have to check my son's toy box...  Funny how things often wind up in there...

Anyway, I received my parcel earlier this week - I've been getting up at 5am to work and going all day and night until I fall into bed around 9:30 or 10:00 with screaming headaches.  Not fun.  But I do wedding stationery and bridal season is in full swing, so that's how it goes...

So first, I received an awesome D.A. t-shirt.  The DA is freezer paper stenciled, I'm sure and it's done with a coppery glitter paint - so fun!

I also got a wand - MY FIRST WAND!   Alas, since I'm a squib, it doesn't do anything for me...  Sad

Then, there was an AMAZING loaded charm bracelet!!  It's got charms of the sorting hat, a raven (I'm in Ravenclaw), "Mischief Managed", a wand, Rowena's diadem, a phoenix, a spell book, a cauldron, an owl, and 5 picture frames (I think I'll add pics of Harry, Luna, Neville, Ron and Hermione before I go to the movie).  And not only is there a charm bracelet, but she made matching earrings.  So fun!  The earrings have the raven and wand charms on them. 

The treat is Butterbeer Brownie Snitch pops and I'm really looking forward to trying those.  I'm going to the movie tomorrow night, so I've been saving them.  Grin

And if that's not all, she also made a "Mischief Managed" t-shirt for my son and a Ravenclaw diadem (beaded headband) for my daughter.  I haven't shown them yet because I want everything to be in perfect condition when I finally get to take a picture, but I know they'll think they are "cool"!  (My son's favorite new word).

Thanks so much, Samantha_McKay, for everything it was WONDERFUL swapping with you!!  (And I promise that I will find that damn memory card sometime today and get pics up in the morning tomorrow...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zigg13pra

You underestimate my power

« Reply #424 on: July 16, 2011 03:03:26 PM »

I saw the movie last night in 3D.  Ended up with a headache from it (from the constant focusing front and back and such) but it was neat to see it that way.  The theater left the lights on the ENTIRE time.  Was annoying and you could see it off the glasses.  They got the harry potter 3d glasses but gave them only to people who went to the midnight release.  This theater here is horrible. Sad  Still a good movie though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #425 on: July 16, 2011 04:49:56 PM »

We've been at the cinema today and saw the movie in 3D! My son finally persuaded me to take him with me (he only can go if he's with a parent as the movie is rated), and I made him put on his Hogwarts outfit. It was so worth it, he was so cute! I had to drain the colors for this pic, because he recently changed his favourite house from Gryffindor to Ravenclaw, and we got the house crest in this swap (thanks again Abbeeroad), but don't have the matching scarf and tie yet.

Sorry about the blurriness.
The movie was epic. We were having a great time!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011 04:51:25 PM by Ruby Copperhead » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #426 on: July 16, 2011 05:54:58 PM »

Yay Ruby Copperhead!!!  GREAT PIC!!!!

AAAAAANNNNNDDDD....I RECEIVED from Ruby Copperhead!!  YAY!!!  The package actually made it in plenty of time for the premiere, but I was away all week.  I just got back today...so NO, I have not seen the movie yet, hopefully going TONIGHT!!  Thanks for all the spoiler alerts!  Grin

OK, so prepare for some awesomeness!!!!

First off, here is the handsomely decorated box:

Some action shots of the hat she made my son (LOVE!!!!):

How cute is this!?!?!?!

Not one but TWO scarves!!!!  A Ravenclaw House Scarf (I've wanted one forever!) and a Luna scarf which is just too pretty!!!!

Some Weasley's products.  Love buttons from Lavender Brown (these are HOT!! but delicious!) and Ravenclaw Candies from Malfoy:

Also some cool eyeball looking candies that my son was interested in:

Action shot of him tasting it:

And last but not least a Ravenclaw pride banner!!!  I love this!  I think I'm going to display it at work:

Thank you SOOOOOOO much, Ruby!!!  I love it all!!!  You have killer yarn skills!!!!  This was an awesome swap and I'm lucky to have had such an amazing partner!!

Thanks to all for making this swap ROCK!   Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Icekibby

Leopardprint Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #427 on: July 16, 2011 06:19:03 PM »

I couldn't participate, but I've been happily 'wistingalong' with you all. What a fabulous swap! I even got inspired to make a couple things for my honey, but I can't mention what they are until she gets them because she may read this thread too.

Thanks for all the eye candy!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist: http://www.wists.com/IceKat

Will swap for 1:12 exotic & magical dollhouse furniture and accessories, amigurumi, magical poppets.
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #428 on: July 16, 2011 09:08:09 PM »

Just got back from the movie!!!  All I'm going to say is I think I'm in love with movie Neville, haha.

That's not too spoilery, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Interrobam
she-who-is-relatively-good-at-several-things

as human as humanly possible

« Reply #429 on: July 16, 2011 09:38:56 PM »

Just got back from the movie!!!  All I'm going to say is I think I'm in love with movie Neville, haha.

That's not too spoilery, right?

Neville is just the best. Some of my favorite Neville related quotes:

Neville Longbottom shaves with the sword of Gryffindor.
Neville Longbottom planted the Whomping Willow.
The Sorting Hat is no longer used at Hogwarts; students are sorted based on how long it takes them to cry in the presence of Neville Longbottom.
When Harry and Ginnys children were conceived, Ginny was thinking of Neville. So was Harry.
Neville Longbottom doesnt bow to hippogriffs. Hippogriffs bow to Neville Longbottom.
Thestrals can only see Neville Longbottom if theyve witnessed someone dying.
Merlin got an Order of Neville, Third Class.
Most people can slam doors. Neville can slam Floo powder.
If someone replaced the Mirror of Erised with a picture of Neville Longbottom, no one would notice.
Dracos hairline isnt receding, its actually running away from Neville.

(okay I'll stop now)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mini Halloween Swap: Package: SENT and RECEIVED

Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do the Graffiti Letter A
How to Do the Graffiti Letter S
How to Do Flare Graffiti
How to Draw a Toucan
How to Make Graffiti Painting
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!
Meatless Monday: Zucchini Pineapple Loaf

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...