A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
608 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Decked Out for Deathly Hallows Part II GALLERY!  (Read 50116 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , harry_potter_swap_gallery  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #180 on: July 06, 2011 05:31:01 AM »

Wow...that wand is beautiful!!!  You are one lucky swapper, bananaleg!  That whole package is amazing!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: July 06, 2011 07:47:14 AM »

My dear partner amor_fati asked me to post pictures of the package I sent her, so here goes...

Edibles:
amor is a vegetarian and prefers store bought foods, so I sent some of Honeyduke's very best Vegan certified chocolate, and some Puking Pastilles from Weasley's Wizard Wheezes (Panda brand vegan licorice bites).

Wearable:
amor really wanted a charm bracelet that represented each of the characters who have died throughout the series.  I thought that if I was making a memorial to them, that I'd prefer it to be serious, but not sad, so I went with black, silver, white and clear beads, with tiny touches of red, yellow, blue and green for each of the Houses, since all of them lost members in the Battle of Hogwarts.  I also tried to have the charms commemorate the best and happiest parts of each of the characters we lost.

The charms include: a full moon for Lupin, wolf for Tonks' patronus, the Hallows symbol, owl for Hedwig, vial of Snape's memories, Hogwarts castle, wizard for Dumbledore (how Harry always saw him, venerable and old in magical robes), courageous token for the trio's journey, socks for Dobby, cemetery gates for  Godric's Hollow, glass eye for Mad Eye Moody, stag for James and a doe for Lilly, Claddagh (symbol of Love, Loyalty & Friendship) for favorite Hufflepuff Cederic, motorcycle for Sirius, and a mischief managed charm for Fred.

To go with the bracelet, a pair of Phoenix Tears earrings:

And to hold her jewelry, a woodburned Order of the Phoenix box:

The pattern was transferred with clear markers, then wood burned.  Stained it in birch and brilliant cherry with wood stain markers, and sealed it with poly.

Accessory:

For the accessory, amor requested a messenger bag to take with her when she goes out bringing her jewelry to shops and boutiques.  She has a very steampunk vibe, so I wanted the bag to represent that, but also look like something that could have fallen out of the Potterverse.  She mostly wears black and brown, so I used black canvas duck for the body, and brown faux-leather for the flap.  It's lined in an antiqued gold, and has burgundy zippers.  The findings are antiqued gold, including the snap on the side cell phone pocket.  All the zippers have charms or tokens attached to the pulls, and the front has a clockwork owl on it, made from various metal bits and bobs.
Front of the bag:

6 pockets on the front of the body:

Detail on zipper pulls, including a Courageous token and a brass lion.

Detail of the clockwork owl:

And since everyone needs a bit of sparkle on their accessories, this is a little piece of purse jewelry to hang off her bag.  Again with a steampunk meets Harry Potter vibe, clock, owl and key charms, red freshwater pearl, red glass heart, and a gear:

Somehow I forgot to get pictures of the tissue holder I made to go with the bag, the Quick-Quotes Quill, and set of HP Puzzels to do at the theatre, or the Hallows bottle cap magnet & Wrock the Vote pin from the HPA.  But I did send similar items to Pinkleo as a thank you for being a wonderful co-organizer, so perhaps she could snap a picture of the Quill and magnet for me.  Wink

If anyone wants copies of the the puzzles I can post them.  I turned them into a PDF and uploaded them to Google Docs, so they are free on the web.  There are word searches, cross words and a sudoku puzzle in there.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011 07:51:05 AM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
luckdragon

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

« Reply #182 on: July 06, 2011 08:22:47 AM »

The charm bracelet made me tear up a little...

The messenger bag is completely amazing!  

And Opaka hand carved a wand?!  How awesome is that?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011 08:28:02 AM by luckdragon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
Lilak Tygress
« Reply #183 on: July 06, 2011 08:24:04 AM »

I can't not believe all the awesomeness that is going on in this gallery.  SO AMAZING!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SiakelA

Summer is finally here again!

Wit beyond measure...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #184 on: July 06, 2011 09:32:55 AM »

Jennigram, you are by far the most awesome crafter I've ever seen. You have such a wide array of talents, and you clearly take pride in your work, always making sure it meets your standards before sending out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: July 06, 2011 10:08:52 AM »

Thanks minithia!  Working in theatre is certainly a big help.  I've needed to learn so many new crafts to complete a costume, that all come in handy later.  Well that, and every time I see a new craft I'm all like "ooohhhhh, I could learn that!"  Seriously, you should never take me to a craft store.  Ask Ex_Gratia.  We'd get lost in the Joann's ETC for HOURS on the rare occasion we let ourselves go.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krafty_Karasu

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

« Reply #186 on: July 06, 2011 10:17:31 AM »

I believe it jennieingram.  lol.  I can get lost in there too, but I hardly ever go to Jo-Ann's Etc. because it's 2 hours away from me.  my Jo-Ann's is just a regular one and I can't really get lost in there.  it's too small to get lost in to begin with.  Tongue  I went pretty much every time I had to go to my doctor up that way, but since I don't see that doctor anymore, whenever I do get to that area, I bypass that Jo-Ann's because I'd get lost trying to find my way there!  and I don't know of any craft stores up by my new doctor.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
NewDay2morrow

Mischief Managed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: July 06, 2011 10:58:52 AM »

Oh my goodness!! There are so many talented crafters here! Now that I'm no longer having swap anxiety/first swapper anxiety I can now look through the entire gallery!! Smiley  Where to begin?!?! You've all made amazing things!! I loved the "Burrow Sweet Burrow" sign, The Snatch the Snitch board game, Hermione's bag, the HP chess set, the Marauders Map tote, those handmade HP deck of cards and the baby Fawkes and Hedwig! And that's only the beginning!

I hope people post recipes! Especially Nycalison's Ton Tougne Toffee meets Cockroach Cluster and Baloo with her many treats! Smiley

This gallery is so inspiring! I can't wait to get working on recreating some of these crafts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: July 06, 2011 11:01:32 AM »

Hmm...  I wonder if we can create a Harry Potter recipes thread....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

« Reply #189 on: July 06, 2011 11:18:06 AM »

Totally stalking this gallery and loving everything! That phoenix box is inspiring, and the clockwork owl on the bag is simply stunning. I'm loving all of the skiving snackboxes too--you're all brilliant!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Woolen Willy Warmer Part 7/21
How to Crochet Adult Size Sock Slippers Part 12/29
How to Crochet a Woolen Willy Warmer Part 6/21
How to Crochet a Woolen Willy Warmer Part 8/21
How to Crochet Adult Size Sock Slippers Part 10/29
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...