A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 305,026
Currently Running With Scissors:
709 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Finally Finished my Beatles Teesha Moore Bag!!! (PIC OVERLOAD!!)  (Read 6490 times)
Tags for this thread: teesha_moore , beatles  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

teachart
« on: June 15, 2011 12:26:56 PM »

I've been working on this bag on and off for a year- and it's finally finished! Confession: my original intention was to make this and give it to my sister-in-law last year for the christmas holiday. BUT... after about 30 hours of working on it, I fell in love with it and decided if I was going to spend so much time on a project I deserve it! After all, how often do us crafty people make things for ourselves?? So as I worked along I incorporated tons of the things I love.

Onto the many Pics! And if we've had the chance to swap- be on the look out for some of the goodies you send me on the bag! It's loaded with swap treasures!  Grin

Shot of the front

I printed out the squirrel on fabric backed with freezer paper, then thought he looked cold so I embroidered a sweater on him Wink
The butterfly pendant (peeking out of the hole on the brown flowery fabric) is from onecrazymom. I know there are also some goodies from Tree27 sewn on there too (The number 9 and others that don't show up too well in the photos).

back of the bag

one side- I used a Jenny Heart pattern for the sexy lady. There's also a bit of thrifted tea towel (3rd from bottom), a Chippy (Check out Tim and Eric!!) and a vintage elephant button from my grandma's collection (all of the buttons came from her collection)

The other side- again, grandma's buttons, Jenny Heart embroidered squares, The little Mexican man came from a tea towel with a hole on it. The bottom square is a maze with a cat and a mouse button from FrankSpinello. There's also a fabric flower from onecrazymom and some star beads from suereal.

See that little mustache pouch? I sewed that on the back of the sexy lady- I call it my stache stash Smiley. I received that it the 44cent swap from runningnaked

And I promised you the Beatles! Here they are!

Printed them on vintage material, again backed by freezer paper. I had to mod podge them because the ink didn't set  Tongue

I also lined the bag; I didn't want my stuff to snag any of the treads. I used a lot of thrifted fabric in the bag- felted sweaters, old clothes that I loved but didn't wear anymore. I had a lot of fun trying new stitches. I must have spent 150+ hours on this bag! I wish I could take close-ups of all the squares for everyone to see (the textures are so nice!), but that would be a bit of an over load! I'm in love with it- what do you guys think???!

« Last Edit: June 15, 2011 03:04:59 PM by teachart » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Hellzapopper

Love is the law. Love under will.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011 12:33:52 PM »

This is fantastic. I'd LOVE to have a bag like this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rosie1981

Wanderlust.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011 12:36:16 PM »

Shocked That is absolutely amazing! Thanks for sharing!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kcartwright856
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011 12:36:39 PM »

This is really neat! You can tell that a lot of love went into it. Awesome work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teachart
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011 12:39:46 PM »

Thank you so much for the compliments! I've had three friends already try and "steal" my bag! Good thing I made it ginormus and impossible to sneak away with  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GoldenSunshine
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011 01:54:11 PM »

I loooove it!  Wink I even had to look Teesha Moore up on google a while back and discovered she have a website. I was soo fascinated in her work. I also got to watch the videos how to come up with one of those bags! Too bad they weren't close captioned.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I looking for fabrics! Willing to do a fabric exchange or some kind of swap.

I am up for private swap for Teesha Moore patches!! PM me if  you are interested! :-D
magentarose
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011 02:13:39 PM »

This bag is intense. I love it! And the squirrel is cute  Tongue great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aislynn
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011 03:24:29 PM »

This is gorgeous!  I love the muted colors and all the texture it has.  Absolutely stunning!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
teachart
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011 03:35:18 PM »

Thanks guys!

Too funny you said "intense" to describe this bag magentarose- my husband said the same thing when he first saw it all finished!

And I couldn't get away from the muted colors Aislynn! I tried to use color (I've decided I'm afraid of them by looking at my wardrobe and art work), but I don't know, I'm just drawn to earth tones!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spiderlady
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011 04:09:18 PM »

Okay, that's just an amazing bag!  Wow!  I'm glad you kept it for yourself--we crafters are always giving up our stuff.  You deserve one just for you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am an apologist for the spiders.

Just treat me no differently than you would the Tarantula Queen.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Playing Darts - Keeping Score
Playing Darts - Game Etiquette
Playing Darts - Counting and Around the World
Playing Darts - Burma Road
Playing Darts - 27 and 28
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...