A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,034
Currently Running With Scissors:
577 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Finally Finished my Beatles Teesha Moore Bag!!! (PIC OVERLOAD!!)  (Read 6148 times)
Tags for this thread: teesha_moore , beatles  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

teachart
« on: June 15, 2011 12:26:56 PM »

I've been working on this bag on and off for a year- and it's finally finished! Confession: my original intention was to make this and give it to my sister-in-law last year for the christmas holiday. BUT... after about 30 hours of working on it, I fell in love with it and decided if I was going to spend so much time on a project I deserve it! After all, how often do us crafty people make things for ourselves?? So as I worked along I incorporated tons of the things I love.

Onto the many Pics! And if we've had the chance to swap- be on the look out for some of the goodies you send me on the bag! It's loaded with swap treasures!  Grin

Shot of the front

I printed out the squirrel on fabric backed with freezer paper, then thought he looked cold so I embroidered a sweater on him Wink
The butterfly pendant (peeking out of the hole on the brown flowery fabric) is from onecrazymom. I know there are also some goodies from Tree27 sewn on there too (The number 9 and others that don't show up too well in the photos).

back of the bag

one side- I used a Jenny Heart pattern for the sexy lady. There's also a bit of thrifted tea towel (3rd from bottom), a Chippy (Check out Tim and Eric!!) and a vintage elephant button from my grandma's collection (all of the buttons came from her collection)

The other side- again, grandma's buttons, Jenny Heart embroidered squares, The little Mexican man came from a tea towel with a hole on it. The bottom square is a maze with a cat and a mouse button from FrankSpinello. There's also a fabric flower from onecrazymom and some star beads from suereal.

See that little mustache pouch? I sewed that on the back of the sexy lady- I call it my stache stash Smiley. I received that it the 44cent swap from runningnaked

And I promised you the Beatles! Here they are!

Printed them on vintage material, again backed by freezer paper. I had to mod podge them because the ink didn't set  Tongue

I also lined the bag; I didn't want my stuff to snag any of the treads. I used a lot of thrifted fabric in the bag- felted sweaters, old clothes that I loved but didn't wear anymore. I had a lot of fun trying new stitches. I must have spent 150+ hours on this bag! I wish I could take close-ups of all the squares for everyone to see (the textures are so nice!), but that would be a bit of an over load! I'm in love with it- what do you guys think???!

« Last Edit: June 15, 2011 03:04:59 PM by teachart » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Hellzapopper

Love is the law. Love under will.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011 12:33:52 PM »

This is fantastic. I'd LOVE to have a bag like this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rosie1981

Wanderlust.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011 12:36:16 PM »

Shocked That is absolutely amazing! Thanks for sharing!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kcartwright856
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011 12:36:39 PM »

This is really neat! You can tell that a lot of love went into it. Awesome work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teachart
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011 12:39:46 PM »

Thank you so much for the compliments! I've had three friends already try and "steal" my bag! Good thing I made it ginormus and impossible to sneak away with  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GoldenSunshine
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011 01:54:11 PM »

I loooove it!  Wink I even had to look Teesha Moore up on google a while back and discovered she have a website. I was soo fascinated in her work. I also got to watch the videos how to come up with one of those bags! Too bad they weren't close captioned.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I looking for fabrics! Willing to do a fabric exchange or some kind of swap.

I am up for private swap for Teesha Moore patches!! PM me if  you are interested! :-D
magentarose
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011 02:13:39 PM »

This bag is intense. I love it! And the squirrel is cute  Tongue great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aislynn
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011 03:24:29 PM »

This is gorgeous!  I love the muted colors and all the texture it has.  Absolutely stunning!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
teachart
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011 03:35:18 PM »

Thanks guys!

Too funny you said "intense" to describe this bag magentarose- my husband said the same thing when he first saw it all finished!

And I couldn't get away from the muted colors Aislynn! I tried to use color (I've decided I'm afraid of them by looking at my wardrobe and art work), but I don't know, I'm just drawn to earth tones!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spiderlady
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011 04:09:18 PM »

Okay, that's just an amazing bag!  Wow!  I'm glad you kept it for yourself--we crafters are always giving up our stuff.  You deserve one just for you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am an apologist for the spiders.

Just treat me no differently than you would the Tarantula Queen.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jesse Hackett Sculpts Recycled Instruments
Tristan Eaton Recycles Garbage Into Art
Incredible Sculptures Made Out of Butter
Mattia Trotta Transform Metal Wires Into Art
Meet Burning Man Sculpture Artist Marco Cochrane
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...