A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,548
Currently Running With Scissors:
722 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frumpy floral mess to a fab vintagey frock. Well chuffed. :D  (Read 1316 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TeenageRebelOfTheWeek
« on: June 14, 2011 12:43:46 PM »

YAY!! Another post in a few days - man, I must have been bitten by the crafty bug!! Tongue

Anyhoos, I found this HEEEEEDEOUS tea party frumptastic floral dress in a charity shop for, like, a fiver and thought 'Yep, this needs to be turned into something...' I mean, look at it!! UGH! A bit sad....

But you know how you see something on the rack and immediately know what you you're going to do with it? Fate and all that. Smiley So, like a little kid with a bag of candy, I ran home with it (after paying for it, of course....) and started cutting it up using pattern Butterick 5033 - along with some rescued pink bedsheets for the lining and collar......aaaaaaa nd.....here is the result!!

I kept the original skirt bit - it seems to work okay with it. Smiley It's pretty much two squares sewn together, so I pleated them at the top and stiched it to the bodice. And guess what? The frock fits perfectly! A little too perfect.....a bit suspect....Tongue

This is probably the best thing I have ever done....ever.  The fact that all the lines match, the waistline is even and the collar is even at the front and the back - cause for celebration. Now I can't wait to wear it out. Cheesy!!!!

-x-
THIS ROCKS   Logged

That's all there is and there ain't no more....
I craft, therefore I am.

My band: www.lechatnoir.org. uk
My work: www.outerlimitz.net
DefDonnie

I wanna take over the world but Mom won't let me

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011 02:11:45 PM »

Love the new neckline and glad you also tackled the waist to make it all your own.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cherish the day......
Jannapy
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011 05:16:50 PM »

Great transformation.  It looks very pretty.  May I suggest you shorten the hem just a smidgen?  Maybe right at or right under your knees?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can't do it with duck tape...it can't be done!

http://sundayinthecountry.blogspot.com/
TeenageRebelOfTheWeek
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011 02:04:17 AM »

Great transformation.  It looks very pretty.  May I suggest you shorten the hem just a smidgen?  Maybe right at or right under your knees?

Thanks for the suggestion - think I might do that later today. But I have a thing about my knees - I look dreadful in any skirt that's just above them. Tongue -x-
THIS ROCKS   Logged

That's all there is and there ain't no more....
I craft, therefore I am.

My band: www.lechatnoir.org. uk
My work: www.outerlimitz.net
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Personalized Christmas Stocking
How to Make a Milk Carton Bird Feeder
How to Make a Hand Turkey
How to Make a Diorama
How to Make a Christmas Yule Log
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...