A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,061
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Albert Cuyp market pictures and findings!  (Read 2590 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chicnjoy
« on: June 14, 2011 11:56:17 AM »

Hi, I wanted to share with you some pictures and findings I made at the Albert Cuyp market in Amsterdam this week.
It might not deserves a topic but I can't find the right place for that, so please forgive me.
Enjoy!

More pics on my blog: http://chicnjoy.blogspot.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IdlersDesign
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011 01:23:32 PM »

Lovely! If you like meeting another craftster, we could go there together another time as I live very close to Amsterdam too. Si tu veux.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

`No one should do for me that which I can reasonably do for myself´ D.H. Lawrence

pinterest
chicnjoy
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011 01:16:36 AM »

Yes I would love to, hum tu parles Francais! Where are you come from?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smallhold
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011 01:41:03 AM »

Oh! That cupcake fabric.
Might have to make a trip to Amsterdam just for that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Hi, my name is Smallhold and I compulsively collect looms."
"Hi Smallhold."
LunarPowered

Crafty, Culture-Conscious, Creature-loving Cowgirl

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011 03:08:12 PM »

Thank you for sharing! I may be coming to Amsterdam, from Canada, on my way to see my sister in Tanzania and it is wonderful to know where I might find some crafty people. I am really nervous about travelling alone but this section of Crafster has helped calm some of my nerves...thank you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Loves: Grandmother Moon, Pretty, Dragons, Water, Weather, Plants, My Handsome Cat, Life, and Sugar Skulls....ok and Star Trek TNG Smiley~
smallhold
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011 03:45:56 AM »

Lunar, when are you planning on being here? Maybe we could organize a small get-together for you.
I'm leaving the 21st and might not be back until half december. But other Craftsters are out there  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Hi Smallhold."
LunarPowered

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011 08:27:59 AM »

My Goodness Smallhold, that is the sweetest thing I have ever heard! I hope to come at the start of my trip which would be in the first few weeks of December. If i decide to come at the end of my trip, it would be in January.

I will keep posted as things fall into place. What will the weather be like at that time of year? Any suggestions you have for a solo traveller to take in I would appreciate any advice or thoughts. I will also need to find somewhere to stay that is not too expensive but is comfortable. Any advice is Welcome!

I love Craftster and Craftsers Smiley
Thank you,
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Loves: Grandmother Moon, Pretty, Dragons, Water, Weather, Plants, My Handsome Cat, Life, and Sugar Skulls....ok and Star Trek TNG Smiley~
smallhold
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011 04:39:55 AM »

Aw heck girl, Dutch people are usually friendly. I'll be here in january, won't be able to read internet after the 21st of september till half december.
We've had people crash on the couch from all over the world so if you are short of cash and in need of a place to rest your head, feel free to give a shout. It's in Hilversum, not far away from Amsterdam.
Idlersdesign can vouch I'm a perfectly innocent grandmother... wait, that sounds like little red ridinghood  Grin  And we do have a German Shepherd dog, grin.
I used to travel loads in my younger days and was happy to be able to have a free place with a washingmachine from time to time.
No worries lass.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Hi Smallhold."
LunarPowered

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011 09:01:14 AM »

Well Smallhold that is wonderful. I do think I will be there in mid December instead of January. I will PM you my e-mail address and with any luck we will be able to meet when you get back in Mid December. Again of you know of any place that would be not too expensive but comfortable for me to stay I would appreciate any insight.

I hope we get to connect while I am there! Wherever you are off to, have a great time Smiley

L.P.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IdlersDesign

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011 11:28:27 AM »

I'd be happy to join you girls in Amsterdam! I live at only 15 minutes from Schiphol (Amsterdam Airport) and I'll also be happy to help out finding you a place to stay. How long will you be staying?

@chicnjoy; I'm from Leiden, but I'm a French teacher.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

`No one should do for me that which I can reasonably do for myself´ D.H. Lawrence

pinterest
LunarPowered

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011 01:28:02 PM »

Well hi there! I have a friend who suggested a hostel that is very clean and quieter than many hostels. I will get the name again and see if you have ever heard of it.

Im excited to meet some Craftsters, I have never met another one in person and to think of meeting Smallhold and IdlersDesign all the way in Amsterdam is so thrilling!

If I book the flight I am looking at, I will be there only a week....this trip Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IdlersDesign

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011 01:44:24 PM »

In a week you can see a lot of Amsterdam, no problem  Wink Just send me and or Smallhold a PM so we can exchange contact info to meet up. Should be fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Easy Lemon Pudding Recipe
Ice Cream and Mixed Berry Popsicle Recipe
Save Time With Pre-Scooped Ice Cream
Turn Your Arnold Palmer Into a Delicious Dessert
Homemade Zebra Cake Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...