A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,587
Currently Running With Scissors:
544 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 59
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Visitor 14 gallery  (Read 41971 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Anofeles
« Reply #140 on: July 06, 2011 08:00:34 AM »

Ricki in America! Yay! I love all the pictures, as always, and think it's cool that Ricki signed the book too! Cheesy Have a nice time there, HolaKitty! Smiley

Nothing interesting happened here lately, we were planning to visit local museum which was close for years and years because of reconstruction, but they closed it again because of holiday Cheesy So we're going to try it again the day after tomorrow and we also plan to climb Mileovka which is local highest mountain (nothing too high, about 837 m).
Today I went shopping with my cousin because I needed a new dress to the opera house (hopefully we will go to see Czech opera Rusalka with Tesla Smiley).
This is Tesla with local opera house which we passed:

Here's a picture from a car. It's Tesla with Marinsk bridge, the symbol of st nad Labem:

And here's Tesla trying my new dress, I think it fits her well Smiley

And today's lunch, instant Chinese. Nothing great but nobody wanted to cook today Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #141 on: July 06, 2011 08:26:06 PM »

We had in appointment in Saint Paul today, so Pippi and I took the opportunity to climb to the roof of the parking ramp and try to take some pictures. 

We weren't in a good place for sweeping vistas of the skyline or anything, but that big building in the background with the banner is the Xcel Energy Center, which is one of our largest arenas where concerts and sporting events are held.  (It's where the Minnesota Wild hockey team plays.)

We are planning most of our sight-seeing type trips for August when my school term is over, so there will surely be better photos to come!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: July 07, 2011 03:23:38 AM »

No nature photos for me today! Alfred and I went to work at the office again. My boss owns 3 businesses and just closed one of them so it is my job to file and box up all the paperwork. We've estimated that there will be about 300 boxes ...  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Here is Alfred answering the phone for me while I box up the files. He has such a lovely phone manner, he is a credit to you phoenixfiredesigns! You should be very proud  Wink

Alfred trying to build a castle with the boxes

13 down, 287 to go... *sigh*
Note: By the end of the day I had 23 boxes. I only have 5 more days left to finish this! Hopefully with Alfred's help it will all get done!

I feel bad for poor Alfred. Gus is having an amazing time going to the beach, shopping and seeing the FOURTH OF JULY FIREWORKS at Disney!!!  Shocked (jealous!!!) Poor Alfred has arrived in the middle of winter and is stuck in my boring office. Tomorrow i'm baking for my Harry Potter party so hopefully he has fun with that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #143 on: July 07, 2011 01:10:12 PM »

I feel bad for poor Alfred. Gus is having an amazing time going to the beach, shopping and seeing the FOURTH OF JULY FIREWORKS at Disney!!!  Shocked (jealous!!!) Poor Alfred has arrived in the middle of winter and is stuck in my boring office. Tomorrow i'm baking for my Harry Potter party so hopefully he has fun with that!
*chuckles* It's fine. Alfred is a bit of a bookworm anyway so I'm sure he's entertained by the organizing in progress. Plus, I knew it was winter down there so I put his sweater on for him to keep warm. (Though if he gets too warm, it can come off! The sweater was a gift from his last time on vacation so it seemed like the perfect time to premier it!)

And it's not all fun and games around here. Today Gus came with me to the doctor. He was a little nervous when I started talking about shots but when he realized the shot was for ME and not him, he was MUCH more relaxed! Cheesy

There's the (painful!) shot next to him on the counter. Ow... (No really, it STILL hurts. Damned medication I'm on that's putting me in temporary menopause to shrink my tumors so I can have my hysterectomy is really thick and it hurts and burns going in and then is sore for like 24 hours. Boo.) Gus was quite the trooper though watching me get the shot. I told him he was welcome to stay home if he was going to be upset by the doctor's office and such but nope, he said he was there to support me and didn't mind coming with me, especially since doctors are (unfortunately) a big part of what's going on in my life right now. So nice of him!

Funny story: One of the doctors walked by as I was taking the photo and I was like, "Oh, um, don't mind me...I'm doing a photo project..." and she was like, "Oh how cool! Is it like Flat Stanley?" and I was like, "Yes!" and then she told me about someone (er, don't remember who...friend? Kid? Dunno) who did it and put their Flat Stanley on a conveyor belt at Krispie Kreme (chain of stores that make donuts.) So that was cool. Grin
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011 01:11:13 PM by phoenixfiredesigns » THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
Ekioart
Queen of Procrastination

Working on it....No Really, I am......sorta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: July 07, 2011 01:21:14 PM »

Sorry in advance for the avalanche of pics!
I'll post some more later of Penelope's fun at the fair prior to the 4th. ^_^ gotta get those pics off Hubby's comp.

On the 4th, the town of Piggott has a parade and a fair/picnic. Lots of politicians show up, thankfully they got rained out of the fair part...*chuckles*
We got a great seat at the start of the route, so we ended up with a big bag of candies.

The parade had your usual, pageant queens, holiday themed floats, emergency vehicles, big {and I mean tires taller than me!} tractors, and some horses, but one thing caught Penelope off guard....
...holiday confusion? What's up with that? It wasn't getting better.
I explained that this town has a huge pumpkin patch and that Halloween is celebrated quite largely here.

After the parade, we ran for the house but not before stopping to visit the Hemingway-Pfeiffer Museum even if just to poke around outside.
They were out enjoying the parade as well.
It rained and so we stuck out most of the rest of the day inside.

Our last day in the area was a special trip. We have a favorite museum in a town near there in Missouri. It's a kids museum and full on hands on. It's a fantastic place.
On the way there, we stopped and said hi to Mater.

First thing we did in the museum was a bit of shopping

then we delivered the mail. and stopped in to the kids cafe for a bite to eat.
Played in the light room, climbed the rock wall, hit on Jefferson, got vaporized on the sun, drove a firetruck, got inside a bubble or two,

built an arch...and watched it fall

and essentially ran a muck. 

Were back in town now, where its a good bit quieter. We came home to find that our pumpkins were blooming.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm bringing sexy back, I think I dropped it somewhere between the donut shop and the Cheesecake Factory.

My etsy shop
http://Ekioart.etsy.com
My Wists!
http://www.wists.com/Ekioart
I blather on about stuff here.
http://ekioart.blogspot.com/
ptarmic wumpus
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You are in room 2

« Reply #145 on: July 07, 2011 03:04:29 PM »

Last weekend Trevor took a tour around a few places nearby, starting with the Cryptologic Museum at the NSA (or next to NSA, they aren't too keen on visitors).  These big planes are near the museum to commemorate casualties of aerial reconnaissance during the cold war.

He also went on a hike at the Patuxent Research Refuge, where he saw his first deer, a muskrat, an osprey, and some herons. Plus this giant mushroom, that reminds me of that kids book where all the animals try to squeeze under the mushroom in the rain.

He also started a blog with lots more pictures: http://trevorgreentravels.blogspot.com/

This weekend we are going to a sort of arts and crafts day camp for adults re-enactors where Trevor is going to help me with a woad vat. There may also be a crab boil and night voyage on a Viking longship, although the latter might wait for a day voyage some other time to get better photos and so Trevor and the camera don't end up in the bilge in the dark. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

missiejean
Just another crafter in this crazy world.

...don't dream it, be it.

« Reply #146 on: July 07, 2011 03:39:11 PM »

Here are a few pictures for Tawd.

Let's see what we have been up to!!

Party at my mom's house, and baby Zoey got a hold of Tawd (unharmed of course Wink)

Dinner with the hubby (hubby is feeding him steak! YUM!)

3rd oh July at the lakefront, Lake Michigan

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!

We're having so much fun!! SOOO many more pictures (saving for the scrapbook)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...I love my husband, he gets out of my way, and lets me craft.

*INTERESTED IN PERSONAL SWAPS!!*
lacey0828
« Reply #147 on: July 07, 2011 04:50:48 PM »

Tawd looks like he's having tons of fun!

Pamela came to Chicago with me over the weekend. Here are just a couple pictures.

She enjoyed the plane trip (much better than being stuck in a box on her way here).

That's right Pamela...safety first!

On the 4th of July we went to see the parade. This is the high school I used to go to many years ago.

Once it got dark we had fun catching lightening bugs. We don't have them in AZ.

Time to put on the glow earrings!

Fireworks!

We were welcomed back home to Phoenix by a giant dust storm (haboob). We were lucky that our plane landed early because the airport was shut down right after we landed. Here it is as we're ready to drive into it.

And here it is as we are stuck in it. The picture only looks blurry because of all the dirt blowing around. We were lucky to be able to see the cars right next to us. Usually you can't see within 2 feet of the vehicle.

Now that we're back, we need to start thinking of some fun things around here to do. It's a bit tough in the middle of an AZ summer, but we'll find plenty I'm sure.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweety28303
"She is Dangerous, She is Dangerous, I'm sure."

« Reply #148 on: July 07, 2011 08:24:01 PM »

Quincy Came With Me To Get My *NEW CAR* I Got A 2011 Ford Mustang = ] He Tried To Talk Me Into Letting Him Drive Home, But Then I Found Out He Didn't Have A Drivers License..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Any quilters interested in a personal swap?
SaralaAnne
Stitch Bitch.

Sitting in my room, with a needle in my hand...

« Reply #149 on: July 08, 2011 04:41:43 AM »

Quincy's not going to want to come home! LoL.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest!

Current Swap(s):
Currently on a swap break...
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 59 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make the Perfect Tempura With Tadashi Ono
Indian Ghee Recipe
Indian Seasoned Dal Recipe
Indian Dal Recipe
Indian Paneer Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...