A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,697
Currently Running With Scissors:
508 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 59
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Visitor 14 gallery  (Read 42388 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LovelyMiss
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #240 on: July 24, 2011 08:18:43 PM »

We've been baking in the record heat wave that has hit a lot of the country this past week.  As a result, we spent a lot of time in the nice, air conditioned house.

Pippi got a little bored with not being able to go outside, so she stole my camera to take some self portraits with her new friend, Frost the doggie.

She also helped me put away some supplies I got in recent swaps.  Since stickers were my favorite thing to collect as a kid, we thought this could be our "childhood" entry this week.

The one thing we did go outside for this week was the delivery of our new bed.  Pippi's well-known strength came in handy while moving out our old mattress set.

Much more fun and adventurous things are in the works now that my semester is winding down at school!  
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011 10:43:28 PM by LovelyMiss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

whatthepuck
« Reply #241 on: July 24, 2011 08:50:23 PM »

Friday Mal went the the Carolina Hurricanes Summer Fest. It was a little hot.

We didn't stay very long and it was starting to get dark so I don't have very many good pictures. He did get to meet Stormy (the mascot) and Chubby (the AHL team affiliate mascot.) He even got Chubby's autograph.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Swaps:
Kids Craft
Altered Puzzle Piece
Mini 13 DoH
July ATC 7/3/0

Would love to personal swap for Blythe granny square hat(s)
phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #242 on: July 24, 2011 09:03:25 PM »

Whoo hoo! Hockey! Grin (I've touched the Cup too for what it's worth. Came on tour here a few years ago and we got our picture taken with it. Love wouldn't touch it but I'm like, screw that, I'm never going to be in the NHL, I'm touching it!! Grin )

It's too darn hot to do anything outside (and, it being Florida, it's unbearable like this for months not just a few days! Boo.) but we were bored today so we headed out to downtown and wandered around IKEA. Found a ottoman I want that matches our brown leather chair. It was $79 though so it has to wait for now. (Boo also.)

Not the most exciting day but it was free, air conditioned and got us out of the house so it fit all our criteria. Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: July 24, 2011 09:41:08 PM »

IKEA!!! One of my favorite places!

When my friend and I travelled the world we tried to go to as many Ikeas as possible. I like that no matter where you go, you can always trust Ikea to be exactly the same  Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011 09:44:06 PM by beckashell » THIS ROCKS   Logged

beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: July 24, 2011 09:42:39 PM »

I didn't see many challenge entries this week. Was it too difficult?

Here's the new one:

Sorry that it is a bit hard to read! It should be EASY PEASY to get a photo to enter this week!

"SOMETHING CRAFTY" Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: July 24, 2011 10:51:09 PM »

Three posts in a row.... sorry!!

Week 4 photo challenge: childhood

When I was younger I used to LOVE dressing up in my Grandmother's gaudy costume jewelry. When Alfred and I were shopping the other day we found an amazing deal at the op shop. Bags of beads and buttons for just $6. The bag was HUGE and full of beads from broken necklaces. Some of them are gorgeous, some are not, but we have been having such a great time looking at them all. I think Alfred has stashed a few away to take home with him!  Cheesy Cheesy

Alfred and the box of beads.

Close up of a few of the beads.

Week 5 photo challenge: something crafty

Today Alfred helped me with some hand-sewing. We were stitching felt letters onto the bags of my Girl Guides. Here he is relaxing on the lounge, sewing and watching Gilmore Girls.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

hockamama
« Reply #246 on: July 25, 2011 04:35:43 AM »

Sorry for the delinquency!  This past week has been so hot, like living in Hades, that we haven't really done much of anything, so this pic is from a couple of weeks ago...and as I was loading it, I realized that it's kinda blurry.  Sorry folks, this menopausal gal ain't goin' out if she doesn't have to  Tongue

THIS ROCKS   Logged

A work of art is the unique result of a unique temperament.
  ~Oscar Wilde

wistpinterestfacebook
Lilibet
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #247 on: July 25, 2011 06:53:26 AM »

Bubbles went to Italy! And boy, she had a blast, if I say so myself Wink. I made over 600 pictures. *ahum* So, for those who like it, an overview.

In the car, between me and my sis, as we have just left our house in Belgium. Still fresh, still excited!

En route, next to a car with, well, let's say, geeks Tongue. They were guarding the car like hawks, communicating with each others via walkie-talkies, whilst going to the bathroom. Straaaange.

And we drive... It was a 11/12 hour drive to Italy, Diano Marina. When we drove to Italy, we slept in a hotel, to make it less dangerous for my dad, who's the only driver.

And so this was after the night in our Etap hotel. It was good to take a rest because I cannot sleep in a car, but boy, the matresses were soooo hard. Anyway, it was worth every penny though, with a decent shower and a good breakfast.

Aha, the Alps!

A quick stop in Ormea (after we totally lost our way in Italy and spent two hours driving through nothing but rice fields) where we say a Medieval spectacle. This thing with flags is something we do in Belgium as well, and it is said to be very very old. Just to be sure, each guy is working with two flags. Pretty impressive!

Just because I LOVE this shot!

Our first trip was to Finalborgo, and my sister can be seen here (can you see here), carrying Bubbles.

Oh, a harness. Bubbles loved it and begged for a picture. What could I say?

My lovely family, without the brother who stayed at home. Yep, we were in Italy, and what do you eat there? Icecream!

Which one is real?

A typical streetview in those tiny Italian cities. I have loads of pics like this, but I like them all...

A hallway under a cloister. I loved it there, nice and cool, with a gentle sea breeze.

Couldn't this be a postcard?

They like old in Italy. This one has a specific name, but I cannot spell it, really can't.

A view up in Triora, a witch village. I'm still reading up on what exactly happened there, but according to the legends, witches lived there, and were hanged/burned. Wonderful village, very spooky as well.

Oh, and complicated as well. You get easily lost there.

A mountain view from Triora (the way towards the village was scary!), with a setting sun. Just below where I'm standing was the witches so-called meeting place, where they played ball with children's heads. Nice.

*ahum* a bit of gushing rain.

And so we decided to visit Genoa. And I think you might like this, as this is the *fake* house of Christopher Columbus. We didn't go in, because it was beyond tiny, and very expensive to get inside.

Sneaky! We saw plenty of nuns, and Bubbles and I just couldn't help ourselves.

This is a bit of a teaser pic, because I don't know how well everyone here knows this movie...

Bubbles in Cervo, right before my camera died. A fisherman's village, with an impressive church. Yep, I have a lot of church pictures. Do you mind, Nat?

On the way back, we decided to go OVER the mountain, instead of going under (the tunnel cost us, the first time, 32. A ridiculous amount of money). It was wauw, I know no other words. Very impressive drive, awesome views, dangerous, and deadly cold! Can you see the road we're about to follow? Here another view: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/ideliesje/Bubbles/Itali2011564.jpg

On top of the mountain (where I also bought souvenirs for my lovely partner) it was coooold! Close to freezing. So my sister got dressed up Tongue. You most know that we left Italy when it was something like 30C.

To end up in less than 4C. *shivers* And the wind made it even colder!

Oh, and this was the mountain we 'climbed'.

I did not know this, but apparantly, a bag of crisps doesn't like a drive up that height. Once we were beyond 1500 m high, the bag just exploded. Just like that....

Lots of pics, but I want everyone to see!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lilibet/pins/
RhymeswOrange
please excuse her for the day, its just the way the medication makes her...

« Reply #248 on: July 25, 2011 07:04:05 AM »

What beautiful pictures.  Italy looks lovely....now to add to my list of places to visit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think my cat is sending me subliminal messages...
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: July 26, 2011 03:31:40 AM »

Amazing photos of Bubbles and Italy!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 59 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Saint Jude Film
T.C. Boyle on Incorporating Environmentalism in Art
Looking Under the Surface of a Renoir Masterpiece
‘I Am 8-Bit’ Art Show Opening 2008
The Comics Run: Justice League Number 6
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...