A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 304,861
Currently Running With Scissors:
620 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: super colour crochet blanket! - now with square scheme on pg 4  (Read 15087 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bluegirlPA
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2006 07:28:36 PM »

i am totally in awe.  that is probably the most beautiful granny square afghan i have ever seen.  you did an incredible job!  i can not even imagine the time you put into it.  Woohooo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hjo101
Lost in a sea of yarn

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2006 03:37:50 AM »

wow that is so amazing. i wish i would have the patience to do something like that. keep up the good work
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Arya Stark
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2006 11:30:51 AM »

That is so gorgeous... both the afghan and the shirt.  I love granny squares too, I used red and black thread to cover a purse for my mom once... but I only did about 12 squares and it seemed like it took forever!  I've been on the look-out for a beautiful afghan to make my sister, and this one tempts me, but I don't know if I have the patience for one this intricate Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Loving life being a full-time wife

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2006 07:38:34 PM »

Wow, that is gorgeous!  I've made granny square afghans but with larger squares and that was tons of work and lots of ends to sew in - I can't imagine making something with all those small squares.  You have more patience that I do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Listener15
Just call me Listy

Keep me away from Craftster will ya! Ha!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2006 08:05:37 PM »

Shocked WOW!  That is absolutely amazing.  I love the colours and to think of making all those squares!  I'm still really new and am scared to change colours let alone granny squares. Talk about inspiring.  And I totally understand the whole crocheting to relax/get over an ended relationship, that's why I learned to crochet, cheaper than therapy (though with the way I'm buying yarn not by much heh) and it's productive!  This afgan is wonderful.  I would love to see other things you have done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eirle

Ph.D. complete. Back to crafting!

« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2006 08:11:53 PM »

Both projects are really beautiful! Thank you for the patterns. I can't wait to try it out!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Dare to Dream. Dare to believe in what is possible and instill in others the same sense of possibility." -C. Fiorina 2004
eirle

Ph.D. complete. Back to crafting!

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2006 01:11:26 AM »

So, I decided to try the pattern by myself and I'm utterly stuck on the third round. How do you make the leaf shape? I've made the assumption that the two slashes mean double crochet (since the one slash = single crochet worked out fine), but I don't know how to make the inverted triangles. I've looked alllll over. Help?

(I thought it was better to ask this in the forum rather than PM since I thought other people might want to know too...)

Thanks for the inspiration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Dare to Dream. Dare to believe in what is possible and instill in others the same sense of possibility." -C. Fiorina 2004
mynta
Tutorial Contributor

True Mistress of Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2006 03:02:24 AM »

Oooh, what colours in the blankets. Like candy, sunshine and fruit! Grin Grin Grin
That top is beautiful!!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

..yes, it IS like that! U should see my Craftingroom. Chaos, just chaos and Im the only one who can master that room.
Kaka

brazillian grrrl

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2006 11:10:15 AM »

Oh, thank you all soooo much!
Im planning to do some purses and cluches with this kinde of squares.. ill post it as soon as possible!
 Kiss
So, I decided to try the pattern by myself and I'm utterly stuck on the third round. How do you make the leaf shape? I've made the assumption that the two slashes mean double crochet (since the one slash = single crochet worked out fine), but I don't know how to make the inverted triangles. I've looked alllll over. Help?

(I thought it was better to ask this in the forum rather than PM since I thought other people might want to know too...)

Thanks for the inspiration!
Oh Eirle, im glad you tryed the pattern, but once english is not my first language, I didnt understand you well... sorry! You tried out the top pattern wright? Please, PM me and youll try to answer your question, ok? And then I can post and explanation here, for the others who didnt get it... Bye!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Faianne
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2006 09:08:11 AM »

I love your blanket!!!! I've never crocheted before but i plan to take it up soon and once I become pro, your blanket is the first thing I'll try. I love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fury Series by Elizabeth Miles Book Trailer
Fury Book Series by Elizabeth Miles
The Smartest Kids in the World and How They Got That Way
Running Like A Girl by Alexandra Heminsley
5 Steps to Becoming a Runner
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...