A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
694 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ivysaur  (Read 987 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GundamGirlWing
« on: June 12, 2011 04:37:32 PM »

Here's my next Pokemon plushie, Ivysaur! 1 evolution down, one to go. Hope you like it. The pattern's on my blog here http://gundamgirlwing.blogspot.com/2011/06/bulbasaur-trio-part-2-ivysaur.html.

And now, onto the pictures!

Ivysaur and Bulbasaur

Ivysaur alone

Ivysaur sideview

Ivysaur backview
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knittxchick
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011 05:16:34 PM »

Too awesome! I'm gonna have to make them.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
raeraethejetplane
Take me out 2 the black Tell them I aint comin back

RIP Blue kitty Jan. 1994 - April 2010

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011 05:20:16 PM »

Very cool! They look wonderful. I think I might make the evolutions as a series of gifts for my brother (depending on time and money). I looked through your blog and couldn't find the pattern for Bulbasaur. How much yarn does this take? Can I make then with small skeins like Sugar N Cream (95 yard) sells?  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlmostDawn
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011 06:20:02 PM »

Ivysaur is just as adorable as Bulbasaur!

I'm so jealous of your ability to work with yarn. Wonderful job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.sewallegorical.com

Stalking me?: http://pinterest.com/allegorical/

50 in 2011: 14/50
Sketchbook Project 2012: Untitled
GundamGirlWing
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011 08:51:44 PM »

Thanks all.

To raeraethejetplane, I used a 35g worsted weight yarn for the main body--I think it was 3 skeins, I'm not positive exactly how many I used and it may have been for Ivysaur and Venusaur both, it's been a while so I'm not completely sure. But in terms of yardage, it was about 60 yards per skein. You can definitely use yarns like Sugar N'Cream, but bear in mind that the gauge and thus the size of it will most likely be slightly different from what I did, so the amount of yarn that you use will probably be different too.
     My advice, if you're trying to save money would be to get 1 skein of a yarn like Red Heart Super Saver versus a couple of smaller skeins like that and then if you do run out you won't have to worry about having a different dyelot. Of course, then there is the issue of color as well, you may prefer one brand's color over the other. That's my thought, I hope it helps. There are probably other people around here who can weigh in on yarn issues better than me though.
     And here's the link to Bulbasaur http://gundamgirlwing.blogspot.com/2011/02/bulbasaur-trio-part-i.html. If you do decide to try it, good luck! Let me know if you need anymore help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
raeraethejetplane
Take me out 2 the black Tell them I aint comin back

RIP Blue kitty Jan. 1994 - April 2010

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011 09:02:13 PM »

Thanks! I can see how getting the right shade is difficult. You did an incredible job on both and I hadn't noticed that the colors where "wrong" until you mentioned it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kitiza
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011 09:39:06 PM »

I used to be (and I guess I still am) a fan of the original Pokmon so this is really cool! I would like to start making all the Pokmon also but I just haven't had enough time... Can't do everything, I guess. But maybe during the summer I could finally have time for few of them at least. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GundamGirlWing
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011 02:46:43 PM »

Thanks! I can see how getting the right shade is difficult. You did an incredible job on both and I hadn't noticed that the colors where "wrong" until you mentioned it.

No problem. Bulbasaur is definitely the hardest Pokemon, color-wise. That darn blue green.

I used to be (and I guess I still am) a fan of the original Pokmon so this is really cool! I would like to start making all the Pokmon also but I just haven't had enough time... Can't do everything, I guess. But maybe during the summer I could finally have time for few of them at least. Smiley

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Winter Weather Skin Survival Tips
Special Scents for Your Valentine
ELLE Fashion Olympics: Haute Couture Makeup Challenge
Take the Perfect Selfie Every Time!
The Best Drugstore Face Moisturizers
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...