A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,205
Currently Running With Scissors:
430 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Granny's Daughters Swap R8- SU CLOSED!; SO July 18, 2011  (Read 8607 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ffrogg526
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2011 05:31:31 PM »

You should totally come join us meggy!  Its highly additive and they're sooooo easy to make!  I got crazy productive on this swap today and it doesn't close for another week and a half!  Out of 3 partners (120 squares) I only need 27 more!!  That doesn't include ones I made that are varigated. 

CraftAddChick - just out of curiosity do we have anyone so far that's interested in the varigated twist?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2011 08:23:06 PM »

CraftAddChick - just out of curiosity do we have anyone so far that's interested in the varigated twist?

50% of the folks signed up are interested in the Variegated Twist! And, at least one of those not interested could be convinced to participate Wink

Also, there isn't anything that says you can't send variegated GDs, no matter if your partner is interested or not! Most folks happily take variegated GDs- the Twist just means that you need to send coordinating solids. Otherwise, you can always send random colors and variegateds.

I have not yet begun to make GDs, sad to say. If had thought about it, I could have worked on some after I quit grading projects for the night so I could watch game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals (thank goodness for the DVR, because I missed every goal and had to rewind to watch them). I could have knocked out at least a dozen while I watched! D'oh!

But, I am taking a bus trip on Saturday, so I'll be on the bus for about 4 hours each way... I could get a whole heck of a lot of GDs made on the way... and even get the starting tails woven in! I am so glad I thought of it Grin I'll have to make sure to pack a busy bag for myself Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Ffrogg526

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2011 04:35:09 AM »

So how much of a dork am I?!?!?!  I'm done.  Unless one of my partners wants the coordinating varigated twist (which case I can backtrack a bit) I'm done.  Thank you Nathan Fillion and Firefly.  Didn't finish the whole series though.  May work on finishing the series today if I'm not sitting at the sewing machine all day working on the magical skirt!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2011 11:11:31 AM »

You betcha I'm signing up!!  Grin
Here is the project I'm working on w/squares from the last swap and the one's I've made since then:

I could do the Varigated Twist, too! =]

Sending info, asap!  Thank you, CraftADDchick... Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IdlersDesign

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2011 02:10:36 PM »

Wow, you're making progress Kittymom! Wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

`No one should do for me that which I can reasonably do for myself´ D.H. Lawrence

pinterest
Ffrogg526

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2011 02:23:52 PM »

Kittymom - that's great!  I'm still contemplating what I want to do with my GDs.  They're sitting in my closet with part of my yarn stash waiting on me to do something with them.  I guess I'm figuring that if I have enough of them I'll have to force myself to do something with them.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2011 03:14:58 PM »

Kittymom, that looks fantastic so far! About how big is it, so far? I still haven't had a chance to play with the pattern, but school ends next Friday. I'm trying to have my grades just about done by Sunday... crunch time tonight and tomorrow night, enter them into the computer on Sunday... and then any last minute details can be taken care of on Monday. This means, that if all goes well on Monday, when I come home on Monday night, I will be free to craft!

Of course, I'll be sneaking in some crafting time on the bus on Saturday (such a bummer that reading and paperwork makes me carsick Wink ), so I may be right behind you, Ffrogg! And, did you love Firefly? I have it sitting right here, waiting for a block of time (because I have a feeling it will be a marathon session once I start watching it).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2011 03:56:49 PM »

Woohoo...getting close all YoU time CraftADDchick... Grin 
I will be busy visiting and running errands between now and Monday.  Looking forward to total crafting next week after playing catch-up around the house for the last two days.   Wink

Thanks for the kind comments ya'all.  The afghan measures about 70" long (38 gds makes a row) and is currently at 22" wide.  I'm using F hook to join everything w/the tan Caron yarn.  I've used mostly Caron yarn(lately) and sport weight yarns for the squares.  But I've also used heavier weight yarn and it all comes together just fine.  Yay!  The most important thing is destash-Destash the Yarn! =]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ffrogg526

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2011 05:17:31 PM »

CraftADDchick - yes - I LOVED Firefly!  I immediately went to netflix and added Serenity to my queue! Where do you teach that's not out of school yet?  Our last day was June 10.  I've never had so many fifth graders cry!  They didn't want to leave!  It was crazy!  And some of my fourth graders won't be coming back next year, also very sad. 

Now that all my granny's daughters are as finished as they can be without partners I'm working on hexagons for my hexagon blanket.  It looks kind of like stained glass since I'm outlining everything in black.  Cheesy  As Kittymom said "Destash the yarn!"  lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2011 06:58:03 PM »

I teach in central Massachusetts. We started after Labor Day and then had 5 snow days. We were supposed to be out tomorrow, but the snow days added another week. I'll be happy to see the last of a handful of my 6th graders, but at least I'll see the good ones in the halls next year!

And, somewhere, not far from the box set of Firefly discs, I have a copy of Serenity... definitely a marathon session this summer!

And, while I completed 2 small piles of projects (and part of a third), I did not put together my busy bag of yarn for GDs. But, hopefully, I'll be done early enough tomorrow (or can at least leave a smaller pile for Sunday) so that I can pack up some stuff.

I've got a couple of projects that aren't exactly de-stashing projects (since I just worked on building a stash), but are "use up every last scrap of yarn" projects.

I have a few crochet goals this summer:
1) Start assembling the GD blanket
2) Assemble my crochet motif blanket
3) Finish off 2 of 4 of the block-a-month afghans I have in progress (3 from Craftster and 1 from Ravelry). One just needs to have the blocks made the same size and joined, while the other needs 4 more blocks (or maybe 3) to be made and then all joined.

I think it's a manageable goal! Of course, I need to make sure I'm set with the GD joining method I'll be using, and make sure I have enough GDs to do what I want to do! Baby steps...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Crafting Contagious Content with Emotions
Crafting Contagious Content with Stories
How Ayana Mathis Creates Characters With Soul
The Miracle Berry Diet Cookbook by Homaro Cantu
Why Author Ann Patchett Loves "The Twelve Tribes of Hattie"
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...