A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,060
Currently Running With Scissors:
504 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Recycled candles, Left over Jars?!?  (Read 716 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KayleighAnn
« on: June 12, 2011 02:47:59 PM »

I had two candles in lovely glasses that I could no longer reach, I have managed to make them into new ones (blog Smiley ) And now have two jars, one with a suction lid and one with a screw on lid and thick handle. Any ideas what I can do with these?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAmadurk
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011 05:49:42 PM »

I usually just put more candles in the jars.  my latest/easiest way to do that is to use a taper candle and then pour in wax rescued from other used candles.  I think I might try using just cold wax chunks around the taper....I wonder if the taper would melt the wax chunks as it burns? I will have to experiment!

I have no idea what else to use the jars for---most of my ideas revovle around food storage, which I would not do knowing the jar had held a candle.

MAmadurk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't consider myself a book collector.  I just have books,
the way one has air to breathe.   -N. Hilyard

I cannot live without books.  -Thomas Jefferson
ecopp

Oooooo I can make that.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011 07:19:27 AM »

Jars say storage to me too. What about cotton balls or q-tips? Or perhaps use them in the garage for screws or nails.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps for TeeshaMoore Patches. Or doodads to embelish said patches.

Check out my Etsy Store
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ecopp
GimmickAndBeasties
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011 11:46:38 AM »

If you could clean them very, very well I would suggest decorating the outside of them with either paint, decoupage magazine clippings, tissue paper or very thin slices of polymer clay canes (see the PC boards for ideas on that) and then fill them with homemade loose-leaf tea blends or fresh-baked granola and give them as gifts.
It's never too early to start preparing for the holidays, right?   Cheesy haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gimmick and Beasties on Etsy
Gimmick and Beasties on Facebook

I've shot you Jeff. With a bullet made of Scottish finance regulations.
KayleighAnn
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011 07:54:39 AM »

Aah I love the idea of using as gifts, the jars are pretty to begin with so wont take much decoration, though one is currently storing my tealights during my move from flat to house (student accomm woo) I am already planning gifts for christmas since I know I will be on a super tight budget! Thanks everyone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

H2ogirlcaf
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011 09:22:15 PM »

Aah I love the idea of using as gifts, the jars are pretty to begin with so wont take much decoration, though one is currently storing my tealights during my move from flat to house (student accomm woo) I am already planning gifts for christmas since I know I will be on a super tight budget! Thanks everyone.

I reuse mine by cleaning them out and filling them with some homemade bath products, there is a simple oatmeal and brown sugar body scrub you could put in it and gift. Also, there is a tutorial online for solar light jars (I'm doing this for Christmas this year). Whatever you decide, have fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Loom Knit a Holiday Stocking Part 12/12
How to Knit with Knitting Needles Part 4/4
How to Knit with Knitting Needles Part 2/4
How to Loom Knit a Holiday Stocking Part 2/12
How to Loom Knit a Holiday Stocking Part 1/12
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...