A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,062
Currently Running With Scissors:
702 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Extreme Burton-ish bathroom makeover (lots'o'pics)  (Read 29205 times)
Tags for this thread: bathroom , tim_burton , featured_project , craftster_best_of_2011  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Radmom
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2012 05:55:52 AM »

Stil awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Adiarra
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2012 10:21:15 AM »

Um it's flippin gorgeous!!  SERIOUSLY gorgeous.  Fantastic job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2012 11:02:05 AM »

My mom wanted me to tell you BB, that she likes your purple swirls Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
BirdBones

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2012 01:56:05 AM »

Thank you, Radmom and Adiarra! Grin

And suereal: Tell your mom hi from me and thank you! I hope she approves of you being friends with me and my purple swirls Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
selenavaz
« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2012 09:12:07 PM »

7 Common Mistakes When Remodeling Bathrooms

Choosing the Wrong Products and Materials
Before you get started, do some research. Find out where you can save and where you should spend. For example, you can get a great price on a quality discount bathroom vanity, but its not worth the savings to skimp on the plumbing or buy the wrong material for the job.

Not Thinking of the Bathroom Cohesively
Too often homeowners pick out one element at a time and dont think about how it will all come together.

Not Thinking of the Bathroom as a Part of the Home
Similarly, you need to think about the flow of your home. A modern bathroom in a Victorian home may be charmingly surprising, or it may just be surprising.

Getting the Wrong Help
Just like you need to carefully source your materials, you need to carefully source your contractor. It wont matter how beautiful your single or double vanities are if you dont have them expertly installed.

Not Knowing Your Limits
This may apply to your budget, the time you can wait for your remodel to be done or the amount of work you can realistically do yourself. Itd be nice if you could get the entire remodel done overnight, under budget and on your own, but you must take a step back and think realistically.

Ignoring Resale Value
As you pick out your bathroom vanity and design your new bathroom, your first thought may be to focus on what you like. However, if youre only planning to live in your home for another few years, keep in mind that before too long potential buyers will be coming through and they will care greatly about your bathroom. Try to strike a balance between what you like and the best investment.

Not Listening to the Experts
If youve hired the right contractor, then they should give you the right advice. Trust them. If they tell you that youve picked out the wrong material, believe them. If they tell you double vanities are a better investment than single vanities, then choose a double vanity
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CDEeeek
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2012 06:22:33 AM »

That's all interesting remodel advice, but what are you saying? This is not for flipping a house, this is for personal happiness. We bought our 1940's house specifically because it had a lot of original and retro features. We looked at many houses that in our opinion, someone had stripped the uniqueness right out of the place, sometimes right before putting it up for sale. It was wasted on us, because if we had bought a place that was recently "upgraded" we would have had to retro-fit it to be more of the vintage style we wanted. Let's face it, there is no longer "one modern style". People are wary of "dating" their remodel. A house is so much more if you decorate and remodel to satisfy your own vision for a perfect dwelling. Not everything is about resale value, some is about enjoying your space. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I has a pinterest: http://pinterest.com/cdeeeek/

"It's an electronics store, Major, not Basra. Get it under control."
BirdBones

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2012 08:44:03 AM »

That's all interesting remodel advice, but what are you saying? This is not for flipping a house, this is for personal happiness. We bought our 1940's house specifically because it had a lot of original and retro features. We looked at many houses that in our opinion, someone had stripped the uniqueness right out of the place, sometimes right before putting it up for sale. It was wasted on us, because if we had bought a place that was recently "upgraded" we would have had to retro-fit it to be more of the vintage style we wanted. Let's face it, there is no longer "one modern style". People are wary of "dating" their remodel. A house is so much more if you decorate and remodel to satisfy your own vision for a perfect dwelling. Not everything is about resale value, some is about enjoying your space. Smiley

I agree. I am a little confused by the comment myself. What is it you were trying to say?

Since I rent, I don't have to worry about resale value.. Grin and even if I did, I think I'd much rather live in a place I enjoy while I'm in it than try to make it look as mainstream as can be, because someone believes that is the best way to get rid of it again-
I usually am IN a place to be in it, not to pass through and make money off it.

Personally, I think "resale value" is a very odd construct to make us buy expensive things, after all there is no such thing as general taste, right?

And I do believe if I ever buy a house and would have to play with such strange things as reselling it, I think I'd like to go for the Home-as-a-piece-of-art kind of thing Wink

But maybe you meant that I passed the checklist?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rebecnik
« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2012 04:41:13 PM »

Wonderful work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
VivaGlitter

Everyone can do it one pen stroke at a time.

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2012 07:18:01 PM »

I really like you went out there on the space and made it your own. With all the weird space and visible plumbing it only seems natural to make it into art. I know you post this over a year a ago but I'm new to Craftster and just poking around and this has inspired me. Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like to trade ACTs!
BirdBones

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2012 02:05:31 AM »

Thank you, rebecnik and VivaGlitter!

I appreciate that you like my project- and for me, it is not an old one, because I see it every day and am still happy about it- so much so, that so far I haven't made any major changes Grin .. now my kitchen, that is a completely different story.. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Using Fenugreek in Cooking
Making Cucumber Raita
Using Cumin Seeds in Indian Cooking
How to Make Indian Pakoras
Using Coriander in Cooking
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...